The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I see the head of the Scottish football supporters association has put a request through to the Scottish Government to  lift the football restrictions at midnight Friday , I am not confident they will take any actions though 

It seems ridiculous. We could switch the game to Monday night and open the doors to all but not for Saturday. 

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I see the head of the Scottish football supporters association has put a request through to the Scottish Government to  lift the football restrictions at midnight Friday , I am not confident they will take any actions though 

It's pretty sad although not surprising that it's left to supporters groups as opposed to the authorities and bodies who are supposed to be representing us !!

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Agreed. But some common sense from our leaders would be good.

These rules don’t help any , below is the criteria clubs must carry out prior to admission to games 

While the attendance restrictions for football matches will be removed from next week, the entry requirements have been strengthened to ensure:

1. That all supporters must either a) be fully vaccinated, which will include a booster vaccine for those who had a second dose more than four months ago; or b) provide proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test.
  2. That clubs must increase spot-checking from 20% of attendees prior to admittance, to at least 1000 supporters or 50% of the attendance, whichever number is greater.

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

These rules don’t help any , below is the criteria clubs must carry out prior to admission to games 

While the attendance restrictions for football matches will be removed from next week, the entry requirements have been strengthened to ensure:

1. That all supporters must either a) be fully vaccinated, which will include a booster vaccine for those who had a second dose more than four months ago; or b) provide proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test.
  2. That clubs must increase spot-checking from 20% of attendees prior to admittance, to at least 1000 supporters or 50% of the attendance, whichever number is greater.

At least 1000! That's going to take a little extra time.

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I don't think it should be that difficult to either have your vaccine cert in your back pocket in paper based form or your phone App ready to flash as you pass through the turnstile, it is a bit annoying of course but don't see how it can be policed by the authorities and just seems like another "tick box" exercise.

As long as we put out a communication confirming these will be checked, then surely that's us pretty much covered, irrespective of whether we actually check 50% or otherwise ??

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I don't think it should be that difficult to either have your vaccine cert in your back pocket in paper based form or your phone App ready to flash as you pass through the turnstile, it is a bit annoying of course but don't see how it can be policed by the authorities and just seems like another "tick box" exercise.

As long as we put out a communication confirming these will be checked, then surely that's us pretty much covered, irrespective of whether we actually check 50% or otherwise ??

When majority of fans turn up within 15 minutes to kick I can guarantee there will be delays and the people doing the checks will be the ones getting all the abuse 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

When majority of fans turn up within 15 minutes to kick I can guarantee there will be delays and the people doing the checks will be the ones getting all the abuse 

Delays and a lack of social distancing whilst waiting to be checked, more nonsense from this Government 

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The easy part would be to turn up a little earlier then would it not?

Probably the same group of people quick to criticise that there were restrictions in the first place will now be critical of a small inconvenience to be able to get back. 

Some people just love to criticise and be seen to rebel against authority. 

Anyone know the LFT ruling for entry 

I know at an ice hockey match I attended fans without a passport had to show the text from the NHS confirming you provided a negative test , fans who turned up with a physical LFT were refused entry 

6 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Probably the same group of people quick to criticise that there were restrictions in the first place will now be critical of a small inconvenience to be able to get back. 

Not really I’m all for sensible rules and restrictions when appropriate. The first lockdown I supported but now that we are mainly all vaccinated and this virus is less likely to hospitalise you then sensible measures should be in place. 500 at an outdoor event was daft and now asking for 50% checks of health status is also overkill. 

As someone who's travelled abroad lots recently, i'm really not seeing this is a big problem. Surely it's just a case of the club putting out a communication on the ticket purchasing page / website that "covid passport" / "test result" should be shown along with ticket at the turnstile ?

That way you're more or less just walking straight through as I wouldn't seriously expect the turnstile operator to give it more than a passing glance, the same as they do in our airports just now.

I appreciate that it's an extra inconvenience, however Ryanair / Easyjet deal with this easy enough at boarding queues and it didn't seem to cause any delays at all that i could see.

24 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

How early do you have to turn up, and how many staff does the club need to employ? It might be achievable at a stadium like Hampden where there is plenty of space in front of the turnstiles, but it's much less practical to carry out checks at Somerset where people are queuing on the road. There is another issue in that some people have missed a vaccination appointment due to contracting COVID. They have to wait another 4 weeks after their isolation end date. 

This another half-thought measure without full consideration of the practicalities. 

Edited by RedEd

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not really I’m all for sensible rules and restrictions when appropriate. The first lockdown I supported but now that we are mainly all vaccinated and this virus is less likely to hospitalise you then sensible measures should be in place. 500 at an outdoor event was daft and now asking for 50% checks of health status is also overkill. 

Overkill in your opinion, some people might differ. Its a small inconvenience to get what we all wanted in the first place. 

28 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Delays and a lack of social distancing whilst waiting to be checked, more nonsense from this Government 

I would add that i don't disagree with you, due to these idiotic social distancing rules I had to stand for 20 mins in the pouring rain outside the chemist yesterday in order to pick up a prescription, so Yes, I'll maybe avoid Covid but will probably come down with double bloody Pneumonia !!!

1 minute ago, RedEd said:

How early do you have to turn up, and how many staff does the club need to employ? It might achievable at a stadium like Hampden where is plenty of space in front of the turnstiles, but it's much less practical to carry at checks at Somerset where people are queuing on the road. There is another issue in that some people have missed a vaccination appointment due to contracting COVID. They have to wait another 4 weeks after their isolation end date. 

This another half-thought measure without full consideration of the practicalities. 

Assuming we're not going to be selling out Somerset anytime soon, I'd suggest turning up about 30 minutes before kick off and once in getting a pie and bovril before the game starts. 

Its not really that difficult. Is it perfect? Far from it. Is it worth it to get as many people in as want to go? Absolutely. 

Our forefathers made much greater sacrifices with little quibble. 

26 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Anyone know the LFT ruling for entry 

I know at an ice hockey match I attended fans without a passport had to show the text from the NHS confirming you provided a negative test , fans who turned up with a physical LFT were refused entry 

Think when you do your LFT you scan and upload it to Gov website and they email you about it being negative as far as I’m aware.