The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

54 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Typical Ayr luck, 2 home games back to back with no gate revenue then they lift the restrictions.

From the covid thread:

Assuming all games go ahead as normal this coming weekend, teams have been effected as follows.

Ayr-3

Dunfermline- 2

Hamilton- 2

Queens- 2

Raith-2

ICT- 2

Killie- 1

Arbroath-1

Morton- 1

Partick-1

Ayr missing out on 3 home games will be a sore one for them.

Killie, Morton, Partick and Arbroath got lucky although Partick will be raging as Friday nights game would normally draw in 4-5000 and they will miss out on stream money as its live on the BBC.

4 minutes ago, rb123! said:

From the covid thread:

Assuming all games go ahead as normal this coming weekend, teams have been effected as follows.

Ayr-3

Dunfermline- 2

Hamilton- 2

Queens- 2

Raith-2

ICT- 2

Killie- 1

Arbroath-1

Morton- 1

Partick-1

Killie, Morton, Partick and Arbroath got lucky although Partick will be raging as Friday nights game would normally draw in 4-5000 and they will miss out on stream money as its live on the BBC.

It’s definitely a sore one for the club but from my point of view I’m glad because if there was away games during the restrictions, I couldn’t have gone.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

From the covid thread:

Ayr-3

Dunfermline- 2

Hamilton- 2

Queens- 2

Raith-2

ICT- 2

Killie- 1

Arbroath-1

Morton- 1

Partick-1

I'd hope we'd be recompensed accordingly, although no idea if it's a blanket payment or what ??

Ironically, we were averaging 2,000 fans per home game prior to the restrictions, which of course were due to the large gate v Killie and the good gate v Thistle which skewed the figures in our favour.

Hopefully a successful run plus the final home game against Killie still to come will see us claw back some of these losses.

15 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Relatively speaking, Ayr limiting home gates to 500 for three games is going to have affected their revenue significantly less than Dunfermline or Hamilton having done it for two. Indeed if Duffy hadn't been sacked it might not have impacted the actual projected gates at all, the way they were headed.

Edited by Thumper

2 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:

I really don't get the narrative that tomi is lazy, he works his socks off every game just because he is not chasing every lost cause does not make him lazy I'd rather he scored 10+ goals using his brains than mindlessly running after every ball that was putted aimlessly by McGinty the last 3 months.

Not every player has the same level of maximum fitness. 

2 good results on the bounce after shifting on Duffy. 2 games we would have lost under Hopkin and him because of the negative tactics and the lack of fight.

Much like the last Morton game at Somerset, we are going in to this on a new manager bounce with Morton looking for a result as well.

The main weakness of the last 2 weeks has been the midfield and the tendency to drop back and defend deep, inviting pressure. 

We need players in specifically for the midfield. If we are signing them permanently and we have identified them, then we need them in ASAP because Morton will be up for this also so just battling may not be enough this week.

if we are signing players on loan, it’ll probably be the last week in January before we see anyone in. 

17 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Clearly a wind up cause i've just looked at the Aberdeen 1st/Reserve squads and that name is nowhere to be seen

Well it was posted by "jester" after all 🤣

53 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'd hope we'd be recompensed accordingly, although no idea if it's a blanket payment or what ??

As I understand it the football authorities are making representation to Govt for some sort of compensation for this period of restriction but at this point it's not certain whether any will be forthcoming never mind how it will be distributed if it is.

Going by last year, a blanket figure per team regardless of costs or losses seems the likely approach if anything is received. Which is crap for us having lost a home game v Killie, and you having lost three games.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Auch well, at least that's the restrictions officially lifted, however why wait until Monday and not just do it immediately ?

The virus has a long lie on a Monday, so they get off to a good start with the new rules.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Might have something to do with Celtic playing on Monday

Aye, the Scottish Government make decisions based on the Celtic fixtures.    🙄

Edited by Buckfast

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Auch well, at least that's the restrictions officially lifted, however why wait until Monday and not just do it immediately ?

When have the Scottish Government used common sense and logic during this pandemic. 

1 hour ago, Buckfast said:

Aye, the Scottish Government make decisions based on the Celtic fixtures.    🙄

I’m not suggesting they do but the Premiership start back and it’s one thing to have unreasonable restrictions on QOS or Ayr but it is entirely another for the old firm. Especially when England have full crowds ongoing.

10 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’m not suggesting they do but the Premiership start back and it’s one thing to have unreasonable restrictions on QOS or Ayr but it is entirely another for the old firm. Especially when England have full crowds ongoing.

I see the head of the Scottish football supporters association has put a request through to the Scottish Government to  lift the football restrictions at midnight Friday , I am not confident they will take any actions though