The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

46 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

He also blocked Bobby Linn crossing the ball numerous times. Stopping crosses at source is something we haven't been doing enough of this season. 

That's even more pleasing considering Houston himself was horrendously guilty of that in the gubbing at Dunfermline in November.   Maybe a sign that since Duffy has left the general effort / confidence / commitment has improved throughout the team. 

Just watched the highlights from yesterday and it honestly looked like we had 11 fucking Aaron Muirheads or Jamie Adams on the field.

The fucking passion from every one of them to block shots was unbelievable and overall defending was unbelievable. 

It even gave me a bit of a buzz just there watching it. 

Jake Hastie getting sent back to Rangers by McCall apparantly, possiblity for 2nd half of season?
Seen also that they may consider letting him go fully this month.

I’ve always found him massively overrated although he’s moved about a fair bit for being only 22. Might be worth a punt if he’s fit but I doubt it.

As for that Twitter page, I’m not sure I’d believe the word of an account with less than 100 followers.

6 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ve always found him massively overrated although he’s moved about a fair bit for being only 22. Might be worth a punt if he’s fit but I doubt it.

As for that Twitter page, I’m not sure I’d believe the word of an account with less than 100 followers.

Well, Allan Johnston said on Sportsound on Saturday that he was trying to bring in 4 for QoS, so on that basis alone it appears to be fiction.

3 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Well, Allan Johnston said on Sportsound on Saturday that he was trying to bring in 4 for QoS, so on that basis alone it appears to be fiction.

It will just be someone trying to be the new agent Scotland with dreadful ITK patter. 

Aye I wouldn’t look into they numbers at all. I know Mathie has said there would be 2/3 coming in but I suspect he’s under selling it a bit so clubs don’t try holding us to ransom. I expect 3 players to come in plus those who move on to be replaced accordingly. 

I’d say we need 3 players  in minimum. Afolabi I’m guessing will be staying but he isn’t any use to us so he will be on the bench so we need another striker a winger and a defensive midfielder. 

Glad that Maxwell has cleared up some of the rumours 

Edited by ryanayr1987

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d say we need 3 plates in minimum. Afolabi I’m guessing will be staying but he isn’t any use to us so he will be on the bench so we need another striker a winger and a defensive midfielder. 

Glad that Maxwell has cleared up some of the rumours 

As mentioned before, it would be rather bizarre / idiotic to bring in a highly regarded Director of Football, then appoint a "Head of Recruitment", a highly rated new Head coach and then resign yourself to fighting out a relegation battle with a depleted squad not fit for purpose and with a very realistic chance of relegation.

No point in having lots of Generals if you haven't any troops to command.......

15 hours ago, itzdrk said:

Thought about it a couple of times and I can't actually be arsed organising guests.  The rest of it I'm fine for.  

Maybe just get some Ayr United P&b'ers to pretend to be opposition fans😂

"Aye we won/lost/drew last week, so we're hoping to continue/pick up that form. But Ayr will be a tough test". Chuck in some cliches like "somerset is always a difficult place to go". 

Always enjoyed the podcasts although I can understand the logistical issue of getting folk on with schedules and that.

With Johnston talking about recruiting four at the weekend, Dunfermline having already recruited two (I’m assuming with many more in the way) and Morton backing their new manager it is imperative we get good signings in quickly - I imagine the bottom end of the league will improve markedly in the second half of the season. 

42 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

With Johnston talking about recruiting four at the weekend, Dunfermline having already recruited two (I’m assuming with many more in the way) and Morton backing their new manager it is imperative we get good signings in quickly - I imagine the bottom end of the league will improve markedly in the second half of the season. 

To be honest Dunfermline look absolutely done by the weekends highlights and, Yogi is already echoing his behaviour from his time at Raith. 
It'll be more about what Hamilton, Morton and Queens do for P6-9. Wouldn't be surprised if one of our bottom group makes a decent run at P5, realistically it may only take a run of 3 or 4 results to close that gap with how inconsistent everyone is in this league. 

Edited by Hawk89

Just now, Hawk89 said:

To be honest Dunfermline look absolutely done by the weekends highlights and, Yogi is already echoing his behaviour from his time at Raith. 
It'll be more about what Hamilton, Morton and Queens do for P6-9. Would be surprised if one of our bottom group makes a decent run at P5, realistically it may only take a run of 3 or 4 results to close that gap with how inconsistent everyone is in this league. 

They are definitely the exception at the moment, but you wouldn’t be surprised if they sign an entirely new side over the next few weeks! 

I’d like to think we’ll have at least one new signing in for Morton. As with every January window, it all kicks off in the last couple of days as the top flight teams are usually finalising their squads and then releasing any dead weight players for Championship teams to fight over.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d like to think we’ll have at least one new signing in for Morton. As with every January window, it all kicks off in the last couple of days as the top flight teams are usually finalising their squads and then releasing any dead weight players for Championship teams to fight over.

Yeah, I would like to think so! 

I think just ourselves, Queens, Kilmarnock and Inverness still to make a signing. 

Bringing in 6,7 or 8 players would be great but it's not always a good idea to do in the middle of the season Falkirk tried and failed and look at them now, I'd rather bring in 3 or 4 quality additions that improve the group than rip up the team completely, the last two games show when properly motivated and coached they can at least be the best of the worst in the mini league at the bottom, pre season is were the wholesale changes need made.