The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:
Moment which epitomised Muirhead’s performance was a fantastic sliding challenge on Nouble, just as he was beginning to get up to speed and charge towards our defence. 

Was that the one Callum was adamant was a foul for Arbroath.

Haha no idea - as thankfully I was at the game. First time I think I’ve said that this season! But aye, was directly in line with it and it was a perfectly timed slide tackle. 

Very surprised after such a bad knee injury how Aaro lasted 90 minutes 

he obviously has a passion to play and we should be looking to extend his contract soon

i believe his best position is centre half but gives his all we’re ever he is asked to play for the team

im sure the manager will know him over his years at Patrick and Falkirk and want him as part of his plans going forward 

I've just read Lee Bullen's wiki entry and was ignorant of the adulation of the Sheffield Wednesday fans towards him. Voted Sheffield Wednesday's greatest ever captain in 2014. Has played all eleven positions for the team at some point. Won the Wash & Go "Good Sport" award 🤣

How he has managed to be persuaded to leave Sheffield to come up here is a mystery but I'm not complaining. From out of nowhere comes the possibility of great times ahead.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah, get these four secured.

No debate with Muirhead for me, he's effectively the Captain. You see him marshaling the team and barking out instructions. He always gives his all and actually gives a f**k. Even his celebrating at the end.

He's always one of first names on the team sheet for me. I'd still have him at centre back though.

Muirhead was dead on his feet yesterday and still was challenging every ball . Love or hate him we need players like that in our team 

With 2 clean sheets on the bounce against 2 of the better teams in the league and an abundance of defenders, Bullen might see that position covered and look the coach them and improve rather than add to it. To add to it, we would definitely need to shift at least 1 if not 2 out which would be difficult. The last 2 displays might have made his mind to stick with what we have an focus on bringing in players in like a much needed centre mid and attacking wide players. 

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

With 2 clean sheets on the bounce against 2 of the better teams in the league and an abundance of defenders, Bullen might see that position covered and look the coach them and improve rather than add to it. To add to it, we would definitely need to shift at least 1 if not 2 out which would be difficult. The last 2 displays might have made his mind to stick with what we have an focus on bringing in players in like a much needed centre mid and attacking wide players. 

He mentioned in his intro interview about addressing the squad balance. Would be surprised if we add anything to the defensive side, unless an absolute baller becomes available.

36 minutes ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

How he has managed to be persuaded to leave Sheffield to come up here is a mystery

He was interviewed and seemed quite bitter that after his third spell in temporary charge he was still passed over for the permanent job. Their loss.

17 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

@itzdrk time to bring back the Super podcast? Things are looking positive and lots to talk about. 

Thought about it a couple of times and I can't actually be arsed organising guests.  The rest of it I'm fine for.  

53 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He was interviewed and seemed quite bitter that after his third spell in temporary charge he was still passed over for the permanent job. Their loss.

Also got the impression the owner or someone high up was impossible to work with.  Lots of staff looking to jump ship and the timing was spot on for us

From a very reliable source, Aero got a bad knock the Albion rovers game but has played through it until he couldn’t any more, developed into bruising that was still painful and basically told to take the break. Although not still fit the new gaffer asked him to play a role for him on Sat and he did and was immense for me closing down all over the park and should be the first player signed up for the fight ahead.

2 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

His block on the edge of the box in particular was absolutely class. 

He also blocked Bobby Linn crossing the ball numerous times. Stopping crosses at source is something we haven't been doing enough of this season. 

Edited by Trogdor