The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Ahhh, thanks for that. That would be why I didn't recognise it. I couldn't be arsed with Disney when I was young so I've never seen it. 

Pub quiz knowledge brother, it might be useless shite 99% of the time, but once a month it could be worth a pint :lol: 

23 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I’d rather we all calmed down a bit over Bullen until he has had a chance to formulate his own team. Dunfermline were mega pleased with Yogi after 2 games and now want him sacked 🤷‍♂️

He has to prove himself, like Mathie that he is the right man for the job.

he’s said and done everything right so far but it is about tempering expectations and making sure they meet them. 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

We're trying to punt Afalobi back to Celtic but they don't want him, Celtic don't want Griffiths back either so i think it's a personnel thing with having so many strikers at Celtic Park just now instead of anything direct towards us as a club. 

I hadn't realised that we couldn't end the loan deal in January - I thought with most loans that either side could end it in Jan. Seems a bit odd to have it asymmetrical (i.e. if Celtic could recall him but we can't punt him).

I thought we worked hard today but it's clear we need to bring players in since we are down to bare bones.

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

More or less, if you play like that and get beat, they will clap you off. 

some players have reacted to the fans booing and criticism, but they haven’t often looked like they were up for a fight or cared if they won or not

Sir Stevie Clarke's first home game for us ended with a 3-0 drubbing from Hibs, but such was the performance and effort put in by the players that they got a standing ovation at the end. We were roundly slagged by others on P&B for this but history showed that the corner had been turned, albeit briefly.

Scottish provincial supporters dont expect to watch world beaters but we can at least appreciate 100% effort.

Thanks again to our neighbours for that result and hopefully you have now turned that corner.

21 minutes ago, rgreig said:

I hadn't realised that we couldn't end the loan deal in January - I thought with most loans that either side could end it in Jan. Seems a bit odd to have it asymmetrical (i.e. if Celtic could recall him but we can't punt him).

I thought we worked hard today but it's clear we need to bring players in since we are down to bare bones.

All 3 parties need to agree.  

13 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

According to the Scotsman thats the first time we've strung two league wins back to back for 2 years.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/how-lee-bullens-carlsberg-start-at-ayr-united-inflicted-a-rare-defeat-on-arbroath-3520180%3famp

Two years is a big stretch, it was late November into early December 2020.  

Is Afolabi out of contract in the summer? Likelihood is he was loaned out to put him in the shop window so allow either ourselves or another club to make a move to get him permanently in January or in the summer. It hasn’t worked out and it’d be best if he was let go. I refuse to believe for one second that Lee Bullen could make both McGinty and Afolabi look competent at this level.

I was in the main stand today but wondering if a wee sesh with fans in the Somerset Hub for Morton might be good fun before Nicola reinstates crowds for the rugger.

Lets face it, how often have you been in a boozer with Ayr fans watching an Ayr game?

Edited by AYRSHIRE_ANGUS