The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm sure there was a Meadowbank player that got flagged offside at Somerset and chucked a tantrum, He jumped in the air and stamped his feet down and snapped his cruciate ligament and never played again. 

It was Mark McWalter. Ex Partick and moved to St Mirren. 

On a different note, I do like the look of the refreshed website. So that's another thing ticked off the list.

People are talking about Callum rather than Bullen because everyone's seen enough of Callum to have an opinion. I think in general this has to be the most optimistic managerial appointment in decades, when you consider that despite McCall's obvious talent and record he'd gone through a very rough period and it was a gamble.

Full credit to the club for taking it slowly and getting things right. For a new manager to come in and instead of saying that the chairman has a five-year plan to get to the Premiership as usual, but instead has set realistic targets for the next fifteen years, is very welcome indeed.

Finally, at least Jobby can't poach Bullen until he moves upstairs himself.

10 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On a different note, I do like the look of the refreshed website. So that's another thing ticked off the list.

The website doesn't even load if you put www. at the start of the address. Such basic stuff. Means the link on their twitter profile, for example, doesn't work. Literally a one minute job to fix and it's been like that for months.

21 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

A small concern on the Bullen appointment is that he is leaving his wife and young kids behind in Sheffield. The upside being he’ll to totally focused on the job in hand up here but on the other hand he may miss them and eventually want to move back south?

Nothing said about his family remaining down there longer term , think it would be very difficult to accept a job at 3pm and move all your family 3 hours late 

Edited by Finlay21

New era for the club today, hopefully we can get the appointment of possibly the worst manager in our history in the back mirror and move on, it's not going to be easy but I think at last we are getting sorted on and off the pitch really excited about the coming few months.

3 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

New era for the club today, hopefully we can get the appointment of possibly the worst manager in our history in the back mirror and move on, it's not going to be easy but I think at last we are getting sorted on and off the pitch really excited about the coming few months.

Sorry but Hopkin was nowhere near as bad as Roberts

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Nothing said about his family remaining down there longer term , think it would be very difficult to accept a job at 3pm and move all your family 3 hours late 

Football management is probably the most insecure profession on earth. I would be astonished if his wife left behind her own business to follow him up here.

Just watched the three interviews on black and white TV, Bullen came across extremely well. Really looking forward to the new era at Ayr United. Also that’s the first time I’ve bothered with anything on black and white TV in months as the quality and buffering when trying to watch videos in my iPhone was horrific. However I watched all 3 this morning with no issues. Another tick ✅.  Just hope this limit of 500 at games gets lifted in a couple of weeks, don’t have a season ticket as no longer live in Ayr but desperate to get to a game asap. 

3 minutes ago, ecocme said:

Just hope this limit of 500 at games gets lifted in a couple of weeks, don’t have a season ticket as no longer live in Ayr but desperate to get to a game asap. 

We'll be back in for the St Mirren cup game. 👍

The data doesn't support restrictions and if anything proves that the arbitrary restrictions imposed have had a marginal effect (if any effect).

I'm excited for todays game as its the start of a new era. Its going to be very tricky with the players who are out but let's see how we go. 

25 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Sorry but Hopkin was nowhere near as bad as Roberts

Hopkin won two matches, one of which was against an Elgin side playing their first match for two months. At least Roberts managed to get to a play-off.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

A small concern on the Bullen appointment is that he is leaving his wife and young kids behind in Sheffield. The upside being he’ll to totally focused on the job in hand up here but on the other hand he may miss them and eventually want to move back south?

It could be the case of Bullen settling down in Edinburgh possibly where I’m sure that’s where he goes during the summer time and his wife and the twins come up on the Friday and back down to Sheffield on the Sunday. When you’ve spent 2 decades in one city it’s not easy just to move the whole family somewhere especially when his Mrs has a successful business and the twins will be settled in school with friends and during term time also. 

2 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

It could be the case of Bullen settling down in Edinburgh possibly where I’m sure that’s where he goes during the summer time and his wife and the twins come up on the Friday and back down to Sheffield on the Sunday. When you’ve spent 2 decades in one city it’s not easy just to move the whole family somewhere especially when his Mrs has a successful business and the twins will be settled in school with friends and during term time also. 

I expect he’ll jumping in the car after the game on a Saturday and speeding back to Sheffield,returning on a Tuesday Morning . However there is always the jet from Prestwick to Sheffield option . The Chairman has previous for the jet on trips to Inverness .

Watched the three interviews last night and was hugely encouraged. The Chairman talked of more improvements in the pipeline both on and off the park . Mathie and Bully talked of the recruitment of a coaching team and a busy window in the transfer market . Also a close season where they will build the identity of the team etc . What’s there not to like . The bigger picture is now sliding into view .

Three home games on the trot to bed the new boss in , fans back in on the horizon (surely) ! 

46 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We'll be back in for the St Mirren cup game. 👍

The data doesn't support restrictions and if anything proves that the arbitrary restrictions imposed have had a marginal effect (if any effect).

I'm excited for todays game as its the start of a new era. Its going to be very tricky with the players who are out but let's see how we go. 

Yes with the return of the Premiership and the rugby they will certainly increase capacity. The current rules are a joke and I’m surprised what an easy ride the government are getting from fans and authorities. 

36 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Former Dundee United striker Lawrence Shankland could be heading for the exit door at struggling Beerschot after only half a season in Belgian football. (Daily Mail, print edition) taken from BBC Sports .

Probably to the Blades I think they have a link together.

But we can dream 😉

854982995_2950726.main_image2.thumb.jpg.f7bef4069159402534b81b831619e120.jpg