The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

In his defence it is a difficult job, especially for an unpaid ameuter 

I appreciate that but there’s a University less than 5 minutes away from Somerset with hundreds of students that have a solid grasp on how to conduct interviews. Even students at the college know what they’re doing. We used to have a couple students from UWS on the media team ages ago but I don’t think the club have any ties with them anymore. Vast majority of students go up to Paisley and run St Mirren TV pretty well.

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Back room team yes and potential signings. Oh and what about the Maxwell situation 

Why talk about Maxwell when there has been no approaches from anyone , surely only speak when any offer comes in or Rangers ask to recall him or we announce his future , can’t just post  answers to rumours from fans 

Edited by Finlay21

We need to move away from "ach he/she does it for nothing " clubs need volunteers they do a brilliant job in the main, however that's an increasingly important role which needs improvement and I don't even want to start on the disgrace which was the last commentary on the Raith game.

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Why talk about Maxwell when there has been no approaches from anyone , surely only speak when any offer comes in or Rangers ask to recall him or we announce his future , can’t just post  answers to rumours from fans 

What about have we spoken to Rangers and the player about potentially signing for us, especially as Dunfermline have gone public on their discussions?

I’m pretty sure Mathie said we’d made an offer and it was down to Rangers/Maxwell to make a decision. Not sure there’s much update to be had on that front but might’ve been worth asking all the same.

Would definitely have liked the question about the transfer window posed to Mathie as well as Bullen. Maybe ask how does Bullen coming in change things? Can we now proceed with certain targets or are their still discussions to be had on that front?

1 minute ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What about have we spoken to Rangers and the player about potentially signing for us, especially as Dunfermline have gone public on their discussions?

Mathie said last week in press and online that he was looking to keep Maxwell , no need to say anymore to he gets an answer , 

4 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

We need to move away from "ach he/she does it for nothing " clubs need volunteers they do a brilliant job in the main, however that's an increasingly important role which needs improvement and I don't even want to start on the disgrace which was the last commentary on the Raith game.

I thought the guy and the lassie who did the commentary on the Raith game were good, think the woman was one of the players from the woman's team but not sure where the guy was from.

Think folk need to pipe down on their expectations a bit as it looks like some think we should have Jeff Stelling and Ally McCoist ffs.

Some other clubs for the PPV like Inverness charge you £15-£20 to watch some shitey pixellot camera which is blinded by the sun and follows some baldy linesman's head, makes our setup look like Sky Sports. 

Yes it's far from perfect but our new commercial guy is just in the door and no radical changes will likely happen until after the end of the season however he has already done something by offering this alternative matchday sponsorship package since the hospitality suite remains closed just now which helps bring in added revenue. 

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Think that was a bit of a rookie move by Hughes coming out and saying that tbh as it has made all the other interested parties aware that they're definitely interested in him and may change Rangers approach to who, if anyone, gets him and for what amount

Its fucking brilliant that we have just announced a new manager and all anybody is arguing about is the quality or lack of it of the guy interviewing him or how it got announced on Twitter.   If anything screams good appointment then that's it.    

I'm not so bothered by Callum's interviews, Mathie etc largely talk about what they want to rather than simply answering the questions, it's only the commentary that gets me, he makes me feel really anxious.  You can still hear him on the pixellot occasionally shouting into the void as the ball trundles out for a throw in.  

I generally canny go any commentators at all and think they take away from the game usually by not just describing events, should be mandatory to offer no commentary on TV and streams.  Fitba vampires. 

57 minutes ago, wuffster said:

A new microphone won't matter. These interviews were staged - why am I looking at a toilet door, the word "Death" in my eyeline and audio sounding like it's from Sawney Bean's cave.

I don't mind the questions so much. I do mind how poor the sound and focus are in a sit down interview. plus ca change

10+ years. It might be free but at what cost?

Exactly. The whole package just comes across as amateur hour. To be fair, the match streams have improved a lot this season in terms of frame rate but this interview just illustrates all the failings in what should be a simple setup (e.g. white balance, sound).

100 years ago Meadowbank signed the young Lee Bullen from Penicuik as a striker. He was enthusiastic but unfortunately never found the back of the net and went to Stenhousemuir.

He disappeared after a short spell at Ochilview and the next thing we knew he was taking the piss out of Engerlund playing for a Hong Kong League Select against Gazza and Co. Moves to Dunfermline and Sheffield Wednesday followed. I believe Lee is a cult hero amongst Wednesday fans as he was caretaker manager during a sticky spell for them. He's also named in the Scotland squad in one of the old EA FIFA games...

As an old Meadowbank player I wish him well at Somerset Park.

17 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

100 years ago Meadowbank signed the young Lee Bullen from Penicuik as a striker. He was enthusiastic but unfortunately never found the back of the net and went to Stenhousemuir.

He disappeared after a short spell at Ochilview and the next thing we knew he was taking the piss out of Engerlund playing for a Hong Kong League Select against Gazza and Co. Moves to Dunfermline and Sheffield Wednesday followed. I believe Lee is a cult hero amongst Wednesday fans as he was caretaker manager during a sticky spell for them. He's also named in the Scotland squad in one of the old EA FIFA games...

As an old Meadowbank player I wish him well at Somerset Park.

Any mention of Meadowbank gives me very fond memories of what was one of my first ever Ayr games when Ayr won 7-0 at Somerset in 1991.  I was 7, remember it for 2 reasons - one being my uncle winning £100 on the sweep with a ridiculous 7-0, and the other being a moment where the Meadowbank full back slid into a tackle  on a really wet park and ended up in a huge puddle on the Ash in front of the North Terrace and just sat there contemplating life (or whatever my young mind thought he was thinking).    Think one of our goals was a free kick that went through the keepers legs too.   

So anyway.  Thanks Meadowbank for inspiring that ramble down memory lane.  

Edited by Hursty

1 minute ago, Hursty said:

Any mention of Meadowbank gives me very fond memories of what was I one of my first ever Ayr games when Ayr won 7-0 at Somerset in 1991.  I was 7, remember it for 2 reasons - one being my uncle winning £100 on the sweep with a ridiculous 7-0, and the other being a moment where the Meadowbank full back slid into a tackle  on a really wet park and ended up in a huge puddle on the Ash in front of the North Terrace and just sat there contemplating life (or whatever my young mind thought he was thinking).    Think one of our goals was a free kick that went through the keepers legs too.   

So anyway.  Thanks Meadowbank for inspiring that ramble down memory lane.  

Some fans asked the club for their bus money back after that one and got told to f*ck off :lol:

I missed that one- I'd either started Uni or had gone to a East Juniors game instead... :whistle

5 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I'm sure there was a Meadowbank player that got flagged offside at Somerset and chucked a tantrum, He jumped in the air and stamped his feet down and snapped his cruciate ligament and never played again. 

Can'tremember a Meadowbank player doing that, but I can certainly remember a St Mirren player stamping his feet in a little paddy then being stretchered off in a Scottish cup tie. Brian Martin? Ayr fans were pishin' themselves until the stretcher came on and we realised it might be serious.