The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Mathie, or rather Tocker, will have to look at how we operate on social media. It’s not a massive issue but it’s something that could be done so much better if we put a bit more effort into it. Everything needed for this announcement should’ve been done in advance. Fair enough he’s probably been at training this morning but they could’ve had a quote from Bullen, Smith and Mathie typed up and fired into a generic article to go along with an announcement. Interviews can wait until later today but the rest should be basic stuff.

Calm down, if its still the same in a year then I would understand your frustration. Change doesnt happen overnight, or in this case, a few shifts

Calm down, if its still the same in a year then I would understand your frustration. Change doesnt happen overnight, or in this case, a few shifts

That’s why I said he will have to look at it at some point. I’m not expecting it to be done straightway.

I'm happy with this appointment.  As I said when we were linked with Bartley, I'd rather we gave it to an up-and-coming manager than someone who's from the managerial merry-go-round in Scotland, such as Canning or Rice. 

A few loan signings now would be great, considering how the Burnley partnership has worked out for us this season.

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

That’s why I said he will have to look at it at some point. I’m not expecting it to be done straightway.

Well you clearly did after rattling off a list of things that should've been done! Relax, we're on the right road!

Well you clearly did after rattling off a list of things that should've been done! Relax, we're on the right road!

Stuff like that could’ve been done though. Getting that right shouldn’t be considered some massive leap. Part time clubs can get it right so there’s no excuse for us.

Stuff like that could’ve been done though. Getting that right shouldn’t be considered some massive leap. Part time clubs can get it right so there’s no excuse for us.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

Could've, Should've, Would've, if its the same after the honeymoon period, lets all have a moan

Could've, Should've, Would've, if its the same after the honeymoon period, lets all have a moan

Agreed

Most will know I tend not to moan on here but it’s an area that has long been neglected by the club imo.

5 minutes ago, Saltire said:

SW shouldn't have announced anything before we did, that's poor from them. 

They are perfectly entitled to announce the departure of a key employee from an important role. it would have been courteous not to name his destination until the other club confirmed it though.

Of course maybe they just got fed up waiting! 😉

11 minutes ago, Saltire said:

SW shouldn't have announced anything before we did, that's poor from them. 

They maybe didn't expect that it would take a professional football club 48 hours to put together a press release saying they'd signed a new manager. Maybe expected that to be something that had already been done.