The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As well as that most immediate need, the window also brings opportunities for those at the club looking for a taste of first-team football to be given loans to gain experience in order to hopefully break into the side at Hillsborough in the future.

Two of those players are midfielder Liam Waldock and striker Korede Adedoyin.

Both players are 21 and looking to make the next step in their careers but are not quite deemed ready for the rigours of League One football with the Owls.

Speaking of them, Under 23s coach Lee Bullen told Yorkshire Live:

"If they are not going to regularly feature for the first-team, the next step is getting them out there and playing games.

Wednesday will hope that the right moves can be found for Waldock and Adedoyin in order to try and recreate such an impact.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

As well as that most immediate need, the window also brings opportunities for those at the club looking for a taste of first-team football to be given loans to gain experience in order to hopefully break into the side at Hillsborough in the future.

Two of those players are midfielder Liam Waldock and striker Korede Adedoyin.

Both players are 21 and looking to make the next step in their careers but are not quite deemed ready for the rigours of League One football with the Owls.

Speaking of them, Under 23s coach Lee Bullen told Yorkshire Live:

"If they are not going to regularly feature for the first-team, the next step is getting them out there and playing games.

Wednesday will hope that the right moves can be found for Waldock and Adedoyin in order to try and recreate such an impact.

I’d be very surprised if either of them two rock up at Somerset but if they do then they would both be excellent loans signings for this league. Korede Adedoyin wouldn’t look out of place with a League 2 team in the EFL and would bang in 8-10 goals in this league before seasons out. 

1 minute ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

I’d be very surprised if either of them two rock up at Somerset but if they do then they would both be excellent loans signings for this league. Korede Adedoyin wouldn’t look out of place with a League 2 team in the EFL and would bang in 8-10 goals in this league before seasons out. 

Well, they would be with their mentor and we did manage to get similar standard (if not better) from Ipswich recently.

7 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Not sure I get your point? League 2 in England is a similar level to the Scottish Championship. We now have a connection with Wednesday so they may be willing to give us players who would normally be out our range. 

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Deal breaks down after Calum asks Bullen 10 questions all about the Ayrshire Derby and scares him off before he signs the contract.  

I can't wait for that interview, if Callum asks a daft question I hope Bullen just stares at him, with Callum feeling compelled to fill the awkward silence. 🤣

Edited by Trogdor

1 hour ago, ListerRRFC said:

Fair play to your board for trying something new here rather than going for the easy 'safe but boring' option. Bullen by all accounts seems to be highly rated elsewhere.

Between the pub actually existing and this, it's all deeply unusual. Next thing the Capri-Sonnes in the chip van will be replaced with ones that weren't gotten from a cash and carry in Gdansk.

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

Deal breaks down after Calum asks Bullen 10 questions all about the Ayrshire Derby and scares him off before he signs the contract.  

So Lee, how does this compare to your time in [checks notes] Insta-Dict?

1 minute ago, Ayr23 said:
3 minutes ago, Iain said:
Bit embarrassing to have our big announcement scooped by another club emoji3.png

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2022/january/lee-bullen-appointed-ayr-united-head-coach/

Aye what's the hold up? Just announce it officially.

The club Tweet has more or less confirmed it at our end also, however I'd assume there's other stuff maybe being tied up and it will all be announced together.

Players / Backroom team ???