The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It really annoys me that our cover photo on twitter is just a Jewson sign. 

To be honest if it helps keep the lights on and sign players I'm all for it. Wouldn't be opposed to the club adopting the North American model of sponsoring everything and anything to bring in additional revenue. 

3 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

To be honest if it helps keep the lights on and sign players I'm all for it. Wouldn't be opposed to the club adopting the North American model of sponsoring everything and anything to bring in additional revenue. 

Watch this space 

I’d say it’s gotten to the stage where it’s just formalities being done and everyone at the club is confident they have their man. Therefore it shouldn’t be hampering recruitment anymore which was my main worry.

Get the guy announced whenever and let David White have one more game in the dugout against Arbroath.

They are maybe waiting on a Sunny day to get pictures taken.

It’s different to Hopkin or Duffy getting the job, he’s not an hours drive away and kicking about the house in his slippers when he gets the phone call.

if he’s not been at training today, I don’t imagine they will be doing much tomorrow for him to watch so he may be in the dugout but I wouldn’t imagine he’d have picked the team or the shape. He’ll most likely be seeing Sean McGinty play in the flesh for the first time at 3pm on Saturday 

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d say it’s gotten to the stage where it’s just formalities being done and everyone at the club is confident they have their man. Therefore it shouldn’t be hampering recruitment anymore which was my main worry.

Get the guy announced whenever and let David White have one more game in the dugout against Arbroath.

Let’s hope he can continue with his unbeaten run

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

They are maybe waiting on a Sunny day to get pictures taken.

It’s different to Hopkin or Duffy getting the job, he’s not an hours drive away and kicking about the house in his slippers when he gets the phone call.

if he’s not been at training today, I don’t imagine they will be doing much tomorrow for him to watch so he may be in the dugout but I wouldn’t imagine he’d have picked the team or the shape. He’ll most likely be seeing Sean McGinty play in the flesh for the first time at 3pm on Saturday 

That’s normally the case it’s happened 3 times recently, Hughes watched 1st game in stand   , Maloney did same at Hibs and Van Bronkhurst  at Rangers , all appointed during week but let interim take the team for that weekends game 

Edited by Finlay21

I know Ayr had a lot of issues with the false "SOLD OUT" when Arbroath tickets first went on sale on the website, which was quickly fixed but all of yesterday and still today, only the "Cameron's Bar" is showing on the Arbroath ticket page.

Did all 500 tickets go on the very first evening on Tuesday then? If so, that's impressive considering the last game was 500 and there were tickets left 3 days later. I know it was Boxing Day, but still.

6 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

I know Ayr had a lot of issues with the false "SOLD OUT" when Arbroath tickets first went on sale on the website, which was quickly fixed but all of yesterday and still today, only the "Cameron's Bar" is showing on the Arbroath ticket page.

Did all 500 tickets go on the very first evening on Tuesday then? If so, that's impressive considering the last game was 500 and there were tickets left 3 days later. I know it was Boxing Day, but still.

All the tickets went within 4 hours of going on website 

Edited by Finlay21

27 minutes ago, TheHonestMan85 said:

Oh wow, cheers for the confirmation. That's a really good sign, folk back buzzing to get in.

I'm not a fan of ballots at all. In my mind first come, first served is always the fairest way so well done to those who got a ticket.

I was like a coiled spring. Even got mine before all the ficticious sold outs. Just glad to be back hopefully come the St Mirren cup game we're back to normal.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

No it does not , maybe want to take photos and interview when the person who has the job can get to Somerset Park 

Are they doing handstands? 

Spoiler

20220106135533.thumb.jpg.0b1839ea76b93332c7dd20111e330f48.jpg

Edited by itzdrk

5 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

What’s the script with Tomi does he train with the team each day? 10 minutes ago he was according to his insta in a gym in London. Surely Ayr would be training today? 

He does seem to be elsewhere quite often - maybe during days off he is on it!

7 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

What’s the script with Tomi does he train with the team each day? 10 minutes ago he was according to his insta in a gym in London. Surely Ayr would be training today? 

Someone on SRE posted a while back that he still stays down south and only comes up for games. No idea how true but I’d doubt it. 

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Someone on SRE posted a while back that he still stays down south and only comes up for games. No idea how true but I’d doubt it. 

I've seen him training at Cambusdoon when I've walked past a couple times.