The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

He’s definitely a club legend down here and deserves a lot of respect. I do feel he should of left the club about 3/4 years ago but with legend status at club he managed to stay on and he then got himself U23’s job when really he should of been out the door with Jos Luhukay or Garry Monk as the club needed fresh ideas. He has had a lot of stick and fans getting on his back so a fresh start might be what he needs. 

He’d be silly not to take this opportunity with both hands and I don’t think he’d say no to the job however his Mrs might have a big say in all this. Pretty sure she runs her own successful estate agency’s here in Sheffield which she has had for many a year.

If he does become your next new manager I hope the deal is he takes Darren Moore as his assistant manager and take the dross like Marvin Johnson, Saído Berahino and Calum Paterson with him.

Jos Luhukay is a boring fraud and nobody should be tarnished by involvement with him. 

5 hours ago, bazka6 said:

Geez, don’t remember a potential Ayr manager appointment being met with such positivity from opposition fans!

We have been decent a few times since 1995 when I started going to games. 

We have only been very good once in that time and I adore all of those players. No idea if he will be a good manager but don't see why not. 

1 minute ago, placidcasual said:

I'm far more on board with Bullen than most of the other names being bandied about. It's at least showing a bit of ambition as opposed to the last pair of clownshoes he hired from the lower league failed managers merry-go-round.

I'd agree with that.

I'd rather we gave him the opportunity than appoint one of the usual suspects that get touted.

He actually looks like he could be a good appointment. 

Jack Ross has been hit and miss, I think he needs pulling power to get players in and he wouldn't have that at the same level with Ayr. McInnes did well with St Johnston and took Aberdeen as far as he could without being flashy, his last days at Aberdeen, most of the crowd had turned on him due to the style of play he persevered with, Arrogance at this level doesn't work. Craig Levein can pick a player but he bottomed out at Hearts, maybe a bit like Duffy, he lost the appetite a bit. 

I had concerns about the 3 big names available, they come with the risk of a big salary and perhaps a big expectation of wage budgets and transfer fees. 

Bullen is 100% unknown so I genuinely have no opinion of him and he comes with zero baggage. 

We'll get an imminent tomorrow and it'll be Davie Whyte or Moffat, I can feel it. 

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Jack Ross has been hit and miss, I think he needs pulling power to get players in and he wouldn't have that at the same level with Ayr. McInnes did well with St Johnston and took Aberdeen as far as he could without being flashy, his last days at Aberdeen, most of the crowd had turned on him due to the style of play he persevered with, Arrogance at this level doesn't work. Craig Levein can pick a player but he bottomed out at Hearts, maybe a bit like Duffy, he lost the appetite a bit. 

I had concerns about the 3 big names available, they come with the risk of a big salary and perhaps a big expectation of wage budgets and transfer fees. 

Bullen is 100% unknown so I genuinely have no opinion of him and he comes with zero baggage. 

We'll get an imminent tomorrow and it'll be Davie Whyte or Moffat, I can feel it. 

Can you feel it?

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Can you feel it?

Can we please just get it announced! 

I’d imagine that at this late stage it’ll be White picking the team on Saturday and our new man will be in the stand watching. I don’t even care about that right now tbh I would just like to know.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d imagine that at this late stage it’ll be White picking the team on Saturday and our new man will be in the stand watching. I don’t even care about that right now tbh I would just like to know.

Yeah, definitely. I think it’s for the best for the new man to sit in the stand this weekend! Even if he wasn’t, the input on team selection etc would be coming from White. Hopefully by his actual first game an impact will have been made in terms of recruitment too.