The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Aye having looked into the guy I'm excited at the prospect of having him. He seems to really know his football but more importantly is very enthusiastic about the game and playing it well. The same cannot be said for our last two managers. Seems to have rave reviews from all around as a coach, and if we're looking for more of a head coach role then I'd be pretty happy with Bullen. Having connections down south, especially for young players, might also be very beneficial. Credit to the club if they appoint him imo, it's something different and hopefully he would get stuck right into this squad.

He’s definitely a club legend down here and deserves a lot of respect. I do feel he should of left the club about 3/4 years ago but with legend status at club he managed to stay on and he then got himself U23’s job when really he should of been out the door with Jos Luhukay or Garry Monk as the club needed fresh ideas. He has had a lot of stick and fans getting on his back so a fresh start might be what he needs. 

He’d be silly not to take this opportunity with both hands and I don’t think he’d say no to the job however his Mrs might have a big say in all this. Pretty sure she runs her own successful estate agency’s here in Sheffield which she has had for many a year.

If he does become your next new manager I hope the deal is he takes Darren Moore as his assistant manager and take the dross like Marvin Johnson, Saído Berahino and Calum Paterson with him.

If Bullen does get the job, I wonder if Liam Shaw and Osaze Urhoghide could be potential loan signings.  They both left Wednesday for Celtic in the summer and Bullen will know will them well from the Wednesday youth system and aren't getting much game time at Celtic.

13 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

If he does become your next new manager I hope the deal is he takes Darren Moore as his assistant manager and take the dross like Marvin Johnson, Saído Berahino and Calum Paterson with him.

We will take Johnson, Paterson and Barry Bannan no bother at all. 

Wednesday can have the million pound youngster McGinty, Salkeld is similar to Paterson but more mobile so it's only fair to take him and Fjortofts Dad was a Premier League player so that's 3 fair swaps 😁

20 minutes ago, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Ahaha, looking forward to Berahino showing up at Somerset on deadline day looking for a move.

5 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Strange he didn’t get the Pars job, I’m sure he applied for it.

He didn’t apply for this job , he was approached , I am not sure he would have applied for the Pars job , due to his popularity with the fans there would have been stuff mentioned online by their fans 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He didn’t apply for this job , he was approached , I am not sure he would have applied for the Pars job , due to his popularity with the fans there would have been stuff mentioned online by their fans 

I was actually quite interested to know if he applied or was headhunted!

I wonder what the connection is, where Mathie knows about his work. 

Imagine having all these discussions, and it doesn’t happen!

9 hours ago, flood said:

What could possibly go wrong…..he’s 50 year old and never managed a club. (other than half a dozen games as caretaker?)

Yeah but he has scary face, that will sort out the the work shy players we have…

In a mini league of 3(Hamilton are pulling away and I’m sure Dunfermline will throw enough money at it to get up table) .One relegation place and one play off…

Can you let me know when we start chucking money at it please? Keen to see these wasters away.

The one thing I'll say is that this is probably the first time all of us have been in agreement over a potential signing / Managerial appointment.

Generally someone isn't happy about something, has doubts or just wants to moan !!

Lee Bullen, the man who truly "United" them.............

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The one thing I'll say is that this is probably the first time all of us have been in agreement over a potential signing / Managerial appointment.

Generally someone isn't happy about something, has doubts or just wants to moan !!

Watch as it doesn't get over the line now.

16 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I would’ve said most people were supportive of the Ian McCall appointment tbh

27 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I would’ve said most people were supportive of the Ian McCall appointment tbh

Most were, although we had sunk so low at that point that anyone would have been see as a huge upgrade !!

I remember thinking before McCall was appointed that we needed a hungry young manager and McCall was yesterdays man. 
Once he was appointed I thought he might have something to prove. He spoke calmly and had a plan from day 1. 
Mathie has been like that. I don’t expect Bullen to arrive and talk up the club or anything like that. If he wants a future in management he will want to be a success and that is good for Ayr(hopefully)