The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

Hopefully this is all confirmed tomorrow. Quite looking forward to seeing this play out.

If Bullen is confirmed, will he be in the dugout for the Arbroath game?

I’d imagine it would depend when it’s confirmed. If it’s tomorrow I’d imagine he will be but any later I think it will be Davie White and his team. Bullen may also want to observe from the stand on Saturday to get a look at the team. 

I reckon it’ll be Thursday or Friday before it’s done and he’ll be in the stand for the game.

I don’t think Sheffield will be too hard to deal with but he’ll need to sort out accommodation up here until he gets properly settled and I hope the club help him out with that. Wouldn’t imagine any changes will be made to the back room staff until next week though.

I’d imagine it would depend when it’s confirmed. If it’s tomorrow I’d imagine he will be but any later I think it will be Davie White and his team. Bullen may also want to observe from the stand on Saturday to get a look at the team. 

Let’s hope you get a new manager bounce against Arbroath.

1 hour ago, cop said:

I live in Sheffield and with me being a Wednesday and and Ayr supporter I'd be delighted if this did happen. Bullen is classed as a club legend down here. He played in every position for the club including GK.  Comes across as a really top top bloke and speaks well in interviews. Bumped into him once in the street and had the time to chat and I've seen similar stories over the years. Fingers crossed it does happen as I think he would be a good fit.

I'm down this end too and all Wenesday fans speak very highly of him.

Bullen was a bit of a cult hero at Falkirk. Legend of a guy off the park and really respected within the club at the time. I hope he does a cracking job. 
ETA: I’m sure he was our assistant manager in his second season. Everyone had him down to be the next man in line but he moved down south as his wife had a business at the time.

Couldn’t have put it better. Considering he was ex Dunfermline as well, couldn’t have gone down better off the park with us.

Think you’ve got a good one there, hope he does well.

Yeah this is the kinda thing I'm wanting.  You could almost excuse them if it doesn't work as at least they tried something outwith the usual circuit and promoting within.  Hope he get him and it's not a case of here's what you could have won. 

Hard to say anything about him really, had a feeling it was going to be someone from the coaching network and I wonder if he applied or was one on Mathies list. Seems strange that if he moved down and settled in Sheffield that he's willing to move back up here. 

He's wont necessarily need a nuts and bolts knowledge of players up here with what we have in place currently. 

He's been coaching at a decent club and had a long playing career so should bring quite a far bit. 

Hopefully he's the right man and we don't have to go through this again in 3-6-9 months time. 

I’d no idea who he was until tonight but it’s a far more inspiring appointment than the last few. Hope we get him.

It’s also nice to see the results of the club identifying people who fit the bill and going after them, as opposed to the last few appointments where the recruitment process extended as far as placing an advert on the club website akin to a local bowling club seeking a new bartender.

Edited by eez-eh

32 minutes ago, FergR said:

Watching this makes me hope it is him. 

Just watched that Podcast . Hopefully we get this guy . The story of the tunnel in Cardiff at the play off final is brilliant . While the picture in the dressing room afterwords ,exhausted with the trophy and the beers on the floor beside him , class . Some of our Nancy boys will be bricking it . Guys will want to come and play for this guy . This might just be our Willie Jamieson moment again . 

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Suuure.

Anyway, will be interesting to see what his back room staff is comprised off. Hopefully we can get shot of Timmins and he is given freedom to bring in a couple of guys that he trusts. Maybe coaches from down South or ex teammates that he had at Dunfermline or Falkirk.

Mark Kerr appointed new Ayr United boss as veteran midfielder replaces Ian  McCall - Daily Record

What could possibly go wrong…..he’s 50 year old and never managed a club. (other than half a dozen games as caretaker?)

Yeah but he has scary face, that will sort out the the work shy players we have…

In a mini league of 3(Hamilton are pulling away and I’m sure Dunfermline will throw enough money at it to get up table) .One relegation place and one play off…

What could possibly go wrong…..he’s 50 year old and never managed a club. (other than half a dozen games as caretaker?)
Yeah but he has scary face, that will sort out the the work shy players we have…
In a mini league of 3(Hamilton are pulling away and I’m sure Dunfermline will throw enough money at it to get up table) .One relegation place and one play off…

Accies are hardly pulling away. They’re 5 points in front of us and everyone below them has a game in hand. Dunfermline throwing money isn’t a guarantee of anything as we’ve already seen by the likes of Falkirk. You also have to take into account that John Hughes is known for his abysmal transfer record.

The fact that he’s never managed is irrelevant imo. He’s experienced enough to know how to coach players effectively and you really don’t have to be anything special to get along in this league. I’m slightly surprised at the fact that Kilmarnock literally appointed their new manager today and is likely the most ambitious move they’ve made since hiring Clark and yet they still find the time to come on here and take such an interest in our affairs.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Accies are hardly pulling away. They’re 5 points in front of us and everyone below them has a game in hand. Dunfermline throwing money isn’t a guarantee of anything as we’ve already seen by the likes of Falkirk. You also have to take into account that John Hughes is known for his abysmal transfer record.

The fact that he’s never managed is irrelevant imo. He’s experienced enough to know how to coach players effectively and you really don’t have to be anything special to get along in this league. I’m slightly surprised at the fact that Kilmarnock literally appointed their new manager today and is likely the most ambitious move they’ve made since hiring Clark and yet they still find the time to come on here and take such an interest in our affairs.

Hamilton and Dunfermline will both finish above ayr. Take any bets on it

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I reckon it’ll be Thursday or Friday before it’s done and he’ll be in the stand for the game.

I don’t think Sheffield will be too hard to deal with but he’ll need to sort out accommodation up here until he gets properly settled and I hope the club help him out with that. Wouldn’t imagine any changes will be made to the back room staff until next week though.

We find accommodation for players who have come up so believe he will be looked after in that sense also , we normally avoid hotels and get them decent flats 

9 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

Hopefully this is all confirmed tomorrow. Quite looking forward to seeing this play out.

If Bullen is confirmed, will he be in the dugout for the Arbroath game?

I would say new coach will be in dug out on Saturday