The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Reading the VOR tweet, it sounds like they have chosen someone but possibly have to sort out terms with them and their current employers. Or possibly some sort of red tape. 

So that could be Thompson, Murphy or Murray. or an unknown coach from literally anywhere in the world. 

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Completely - I wouldn’t credit anyone for their role there at this point, given the clear Martindale input. 

I agree yet Bartley has been the name mentioned positively on here. 

I can see why Livingston would be seen as an attractive comparison for clubs like us, coming through the leagues and establishing themselves in the top flight driven by smart transfer dealings as well. 

Despite what the authorities and their fans would say officially, it still remains a complex business model to replicate though. 

Just now, .buzzy01 said:

>.Anybody considered Graeme Murty? Left Rangers in November with the arrival of Van Bronkhurst. Ayr might be a great fit for him going forward.

I mentioned him early doors thinking he'd fit the club's analytical model going forward, of developing players, playing decent football, having experience at a higher level and hopefully still having decent contacts in the game. He wouldn't be the worst appointment.

Just now, No_Problemo said:

Fucks sake - Bradley is back at Hibs. Absolutely pointless for all concerned. 

Had he played any games for Hibs this season? May well end up loaned back out to someone else in our league if not.

Bradley being recalled might help us in the long run with Gullan but I’m genuinely raging that we’ve lost him because our two shite managers refused to play with more than two out and out attacking players at any time. I’ve no doubt that had we properly used him then we’d have stood a better chance of keeping him for the season.

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Had he played any games for Hibs this season? May well end up loaned back out to someone else in our league if not.

I would assume not...

As much as I think he could be decent, I’m not sure he did enough to get another championship loan (largely Duffy’s fault) Maybe he’ll be sent out to top end league one. 

Can moan at Duffy and Hopkin about not playing him enough but you’d think with Mathie assuring he’ll get more time under the next guy they’d be willing to wait until later in the month.

Unless they’re planning on playing him somewhat regularly it looks a bit arsey.