The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I would take either Kelly or Crawford if we could get either. I do feel though that we need a ball winner to break up play and give the ball to the Kelly/Crawford type. 

If we can get muirhead back at cb then that will help there as I think fjortoff or baird will do till the end of the season. We desperately need another striker and we need to keep Houston 

I would take either Kelly or Crawford if we could get either. I do feel though that we need a ball winner to break up play and give the ball to the Kelly/Crawford type. 

If we can get muirhead back at cb then that will help there as I think fjortoff or baird will do till the end of the season. We desperately need another striker and we need to keep Houston 
I'd love Robbie Crawford back at the club but why would he even consider it after the abuse he got from a section of our support.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I'd love Robbie Crawford back at the club but why would he even consider it after the abuse he got from a section of our support.

I never understood that tbh! He was shoehorned into the team played out of position but always gave us all! He also was brilliant at times 

Edited by ryanayr1987

I never understood that tbh! He was shoehorned into the team played out of position but always gave us all! He also was brilliant at times 
100% and if he had scored against Killie when he turned maradona for about 30 seconds it would have been the best goal I have ever seen at Somerset

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
3 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

100% and if he had scored against Killie when he turned maradona for about 30 seconds it would have been the best goal I have ever seen at Somerset

I was in amazement on the nt at that point gutted he didn’t score

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

As for midfielders I really don’t know what’s out there. Kelly is obviously sitting doing nothing but if he’s available then I’d doubt we’d be the only interested party. We need to see what guys are freed from the Premiership or who’s available to be loaned out. Given that Smith said when Hopkin left that we needed a midfielder I’d hope that is the number one priority for this window.

After having a quick look at the squads in the premiership there's not a great deal that sticks out, nodody really who's not getting much game time who you could see trying to get an early tear up of the contract for a move.

Only boy i could see is Liam Shaw, defensive midfielder at Celtic not getting much game time who came in last summer on a PCA from Sheffield Wednesday but highly doubt he'd drop down to us on loan

Edited by rb123!

35 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

would take either Kelly or Crawford if we could get either. I do feel though that we need a ball winner to break up play and give the ball to the Kelly/Crawford type. 

The central midfield is the key , bring a strong enough anchor in like Gogic for instance , then you could carry a Crawford or Kelly without the roof falling in . Downgrade the DCM to someone at say Doc’s level and the ACM needs to add tackling to his cv . Again get the midfield sorted out and we can afford to play a second striker . Like the sound of Gillian or somebody of that caliber . Left centre half would be the next priority, with Baird as cover . Can’t think of anyone suitable there . Although Charlie Mulgrew would fit the bill if Dundee United were to punt him . 

1 minute ago, North British said:

The central midfield is the key , bring a strong enough anchor in like Gogic for instance , then you could carry a Crawford or Kelly without the roof falling in . Downgrade the DCM to someone at say Doc’s level and the ACM needs to add tackling to his cv . Again get the midfield sorted out and we can afford to play a second striker . Like the sound of Gillian or somebody of that caliber . Left centre half would be the next priority, with Baird as cover . Can’t think of anyone suitable there . Although Charlie Mulgrew would fit the bill if Dundee United were to punt him . 

Houston still a weak link at RB as far as I'm concerned.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That is true. He was brilliant at times. However he was hugely inconsistent. 

31 minutes ago, North British said:

Mulgrew is starting every week for Dundee United ffs.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

TBH I'm shocked that Crawford, Forrest and Devlin not at Partick yet, I'm sure uncle Ian would love to put the band back together with Doc.

I doubt the other three would want to drop down a level. Forrest and Devlin are both on 19 PL appearances for Livi this season. Is Crawford injured or just not being played at Motherwell?

45 minutes ago, North British said:

I wouldn’t say that either Kelly or Crawford are in the category of player that require to be carried. Like, not even remotely. Both have excellent work rates. 

Edited by No_Problemo

I wouldn’t say that either Kelly or Crawford are in the category of player that require to be carried. Like, not even remotely. Both have excellent work rates. 

This

Crawfords best role is as a box to box midfielder who covers every blade of grass. He’s never been the out and out creative midfielder that McCall wanted him to be. Kelly is more of a number 10 but for someone so young he was so good as a deep lying playmaker and was dictating games for us at times whilst also flying into tackles.

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Based on last weeks performance I would say 3 decent additions would keep us save 

My feelings too (that's obviously based on my expectations from what Morton / QoS will do this window too).    As folk have said before, we don't need to turn good, just stay slightly less shite than a couple of others.    It's the players we might lose in Maxwell and Bradley that worry me as that's another 2 of pretty decent quality that would need to come in just to tread water.