The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I think Stanton is a brilliant signing for Raith but I can’t say I’m that fussed about anyone else teams have signed. Jack Hamilton would’ve been a class signing but we were never going to be able to sign him.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

There were players identified before the window opened , there have been no players snapped up that I have seen so far who would have been coming  to Ayr  

In your opinion how do the calibre of what we've seen other teams sign compare to what we have in mind? 

3 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

In your opinion how do the calibre of what we've seen other teams sign compare to what we have in mind? 

I don’t know names of people we have in mind, but I am really confident that they are looking at the positions we need strengthened 

1 minute ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

To be honest, I'm not expecting a whole lot from January. We usually go backwards as a team during this window with some of the absolute dross we've brought in.

I'm really only expecting around 2/3 players coming in the door.

If that is indeed the case we’re be aswell preparing for league 1 just now. Need 5 as a minimum. 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

If Houston does not sign a deal we need a RB, Muirhead needs to be at CB when he comes back and so far I'm not 100% convinced in McAllister

I'm not even 1% convinced in McAllister.

He looks like someone who's won a competition to get to play at a professional team for a season.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If that is indeed the case we’re be aswell preparing for league 1 just now. Need 5 as a minimum. 

I think it'll come down to how many we can move on. If no-one goes out 3 may be the max.

I'm not even 1% convinced in McAllister.
He looks like someone who's won a competition to get to play at a professional team for a season.
Worst thing with McAllister is Hopkin sold it as a bit of a coup getting him, maybe he needs a bit of time out on loan in league 1 but right now he's not up to the championship.

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I think we probably need around 5 aswell but I would be fully prepared that it would be 4 haddies and 1 mediocre player.

Our recruitment in this window is dreadful and very last minute.  

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I think we probably need around 5 aswell but I would be fully prepared that it would be 4 haddies and 1 mediocre player.

Our recruitment in this window is dreadful and very last minute.  

We did not have a head if recruitment and managing director in previous windows , anyone who thinks we will get 4/5 players in without anyone leaving I would think are way of the mark , to get 4/5 in we need 2/3 out 

16 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I don't think there's a chance we can get 5 in. Certainly not of the required quality to come in, hit the ground running and make a difference in the Championship. 

Has kris Doolan retired? Noticed he’s giving updates on sportsound on the qos Hamilton game

Thought he signed for EK?

On the player recruitment, I think we’ll be able to get 3-4 in as that was the number I had heard Duffy was told he could sign before Mathie and co joined. If we want anymore than that I think we’ll need to offload players.

19 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Based on last weeks performance I would say 3 decent additions would keep us save 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Based on last weeks performance I would say 3 decent additions would keep us save 

As much as last week was a very good performance one swallow doesn’t make a summer. These players have shown under 2 (3 in some instances) different managers that they aren’t up to this level. 

Three quality additions would be fine IMO.   They can then compliment McAdams, Houston, Reading, Muirhead, Murdoch, Maxwell, Bradley Adeloye. That is a half decent core, if complimented by three quality additions. Most of those players have shown they are up to it, at one point or another. 

You can’t just start replacing six players in a side and expecting it to work either. 

Edited by No_Problemo