The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I always thought Scally would end up taking over after McCall retired with us but as we all know that never happened. Seems to be well thought of as a coach and is a pretty sound guy.

Can’t see it happening though. Think it’ll be Canning or McManus.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Same

I’m concerned that potential signings won’t sign for us until they know who the manager is. Even more concerned they won’t sign if it is Martin Canning. Would far rather we took a punt on someone like McManus or someone similar than Canning.

Aye I’m in the same boat. This month is massive for ourselves (and the other teams in our relegation mini league). Hamilton have already announced 2 new players while Dunfermline have also added. We can’t get caught hanging about. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I always thought Scally would end up taking over after McCall retired with us but as we all know that never happened. Seems to be well thought of as a coach and is a pretty sound guy.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Scally would seem a 'natural' progression for him. To get his first manager's appointment at the club he played for and coached, and seems highly thought of.

2 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Oh come on. It's supposed to be the season of goodwill and all that.

Maybe he's made a New Years resolution to be less of a fanny.

Happy New Year to all you DABs by the way.

Happy New Year to you. You are one of the better DKBs.

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye I’m in the same boat. This month is massive for ourselves (and the other teams in our relegation mini league). Hamilton have already announced 2 new players while Dunfermline have also added. We can’t get caught hanging about. 

I would look at quality over quantity of some of this window signings 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

would look at quality over quantity of some of this window signings 

So are Mathie and Glendinning running the window prior to the new head coach arriving ? Or are we sitting watching all available players getting snapped up ...

20 minutes ago, North British said:

So are Mathie and Glendinning running the window prior to the new head coach arriving ? Or are we sitting watching all available players getting snapped up ...

There were players identified before the window opened , there have been no players snapped up that I have seen so far who would have been coming  to Ayr