The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

36 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not for a second saying they'd continue to fight for 3rd, but that was a great Hamilton side. He managed a winless run of 13 games straight off the bat with a team that had barely lost a game all season when all he had to do was keep it going.

No idea if that scarred him but you'll genuinely never such cowardly tactics as what he then put for years with Hamilton. They literally never had a go at a single club afterwards, and I include some cup losses to absolute dross in that.

Sit deep. Kick long. Pray.

Yeah I've no idea why you're bringing up his "great coaching experiences" since leaving Hamilton, considering the last 3 years have been spent coaching kids at (and I'm not making this name up) North Kelvin United. The rest was spending one or two days watching teams train before he's away back home. If you've hired him on the basis he's been coaching at Real Betis and Leicester then you've got that one really, really, wrong and been absolutely duped if he's claimed that.

Aye, he doesn’t seem to have done anything over the past six years other than visit different clubs. I’m sure it would be helpful in terms of some aspects, but it is hardly going to lead to some great development of his management ability. 

55 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Will the head coach get to choose who he brings in or will Mathie bring them in? It means if it was to go wrong with the head coach we only need to replace him instead of the whole back room staff. It would also allow for continuity if someone has to step in as interim coach 

Bit if both I would think , but feel mainly Mathie and Glendinning will have the biggest input 

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm not for a second saying they'd continue to fight for 3rd, but that was a great Hamilton side. He managed a winless run of 13 games straight off the bat with a team that had barely lost a game all season when all he had to do was keep it going.

No idea if that scarred him but you'll genuinely never such cowardly tactics as what he then put for years with Hamilton. They literally never had a go at a single club afterwards, and I include some cup losses to absolute dross in that.

Sit deep. Kick long. Pray.

Yeah I've no idea why you're bringing up his "great coaching experiences" since leaving Hamilton, considering the last 3 years have been spent coaching kids at (and I'm not making this name up) North Kelvin United. The rest was spending one or two days watching teams train before he's away back home. If you've hired him on the basis he's been coaching at Real Betis and Leicester then you've got that one really, really, wrong and been absolutely duped if he's claimed that.

Looking at St Johnstone and Callum Davidson's current plight made me think of the old adage about people in glass houses and all that........

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

That was 6 years ago , he has been appointed in a coaching capacity at some big clubs in the last 6 years working on learning from his mistakes , I would think he will be in a much better position now to coach a club with the knowledge and experience he has picked up , 

Lets not get carried away. He's been invited to observe / contribute to training for a few sessions, as lots of out of work coaches do. It's to his credit but he's not been "appointed" to anything and wasn't employed by any of them. He's been doing community coaching and scouting (I think he did a couple of games scouting for us at one point).

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Looking at St Johnstone and Callum Davidson's current plight made me think of the old adage about people in glass houses and all that........

Well yeah, and you'll notice me saying I think Davidson has fucked us this season and all the signs point to him becoming a failure of a manager if he doesn't adapt.

Not entirely sure why that means I can't comment on Canning tbh.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Why ? Because of a poor season 6 years ago and he has done a power of coaching since to gain experience 

Why do you keep going on about 6 years ago? He only left Hamilton just over 2 years ago.

Edited by craigkillie

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Lets not get carried away. He's been invited to observe / contribute to training for a few sessions, as lots of out of work coaches do. It's to his credit but he's not been "appointed" to anything and wasn't employed by any of them. He's been doing community coaching and scouting (I think he did a couple of games scouting for us at one point).

I don't know, there were rumours circulating all over Andalusia that Canning was the mastermind behind the recently implemented Betis attacking flair and that Sergio Canales had found a new lease of life since working with him.

It may just be unfounded but that's what was being said.

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Could be worse we could be getting Paul Hartley

Hartley would be a far, far, better appointment than Canning.