The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Accies fans that I know despise him.

Think Hopkin with us and multiply the seethe by about 10.

Looking at the stats for both Canning and Rice, it is interesting how poor they are yet they did keep Hamilton in the top flight for several seasons. Canning had a win % just under 24% and Rice just over 24%. By way of comparison, Duffy had just over 29% with us, and Jim McIntyre had just over 36% while at Ross County. (McIntyre's Dundee stat is just under 13% which is hard to imagine).

To put that into context I suppose you need to know the budget they were working with in comparison with the rest of the teams in the division. Does anyone have any idea of Hamilton's budget compared with other bottom 6 Premiership clubs?

2 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Looking at the stats for both Canning and Rice, it is interesting how poor they are yet they did keep Hamilton in the top flight for several seasons. Canning had a win % just under 24% and Rice just over 24%. By way of comparison, Duffy had just over 29% with us, and Jim McIntyre had just over 36% while at Ross County. (McIntyre's Dundee stat is just under 13% which is hard to imagine).

To put that into context I suppose you need to know the budget they were working with in comparison with the rest of the teams in the division. Does anyone have any idea of Hamilton's budget compared with other bottom 6 Premiership clubs?

They have always been a team who played a number of academy players makes me think they had a very poor playing budget , take winning percentage into consideration Duffy was playing against shit teams Hamilton were playing against the top 9 teams in the country 

24 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not sure some people get the point that the difference between being a team manager and a head coach is massively different, at Ayr there will be a team looking after recruitment and contracts and the guy we are appointing is only focusing on a playing  style and gelling a squad into a team 

Certainly true, and this is where we need fans of Hamilton (assuming it is Canning) to give their view of whether he recruited badly, or recruited as well as could be expected given the budget, and whether he got the best out of them.

For example, we could say that Kerr seemed to do OK recruiting what we all thought were decent Championship players but then was unable to figure out his best starting 11 or keep them motivated when things didn't go their way. We need the opposite in whoever we appoint.

Edited by rgreig

"We've got Jack Ross, super Jack Ross...

I just don't think you understand....

He's Dave Smith's man, he's better than McCall...

We've got super Jack Ross..."

We might be getting a bit carried away here lads with the Jack Ross express...

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

"We've got Jack Ross, super Jack Ross...

I just don't think you understand....

He's Dave Smith's man, he's better than McCall...

We've got super Jack Ross..."

We might be getting a bit carried away here lads with the Jack Ross express...

I think a few of us may have had too much to drink tonight. Maybe you should save some for tomorrow- got to stay up for the bells and all…

The wee guy from McBookie, will be away on holiday after conning money out at all those fans with his odds on Bartley and Co , when it’s someone not in the betting or was long odds who gets the job 

Edited by Finlay21

The wee guy from McBookie, will be away on holiday after conning money out at all those fans with his odds on Bartley and Co , when it’s someone not in the betting who gets the job 

I think Canning was in the betting, no?