The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

led to believe 3 people fit the criteria to be our head coach , mostly through Mathie’s connections , and he is happy that the chosen guy has the attributes to deliver the next stage of the clubs 5 year plan ( now 4 years ) 

What is the actual 4-5 year plan though? 

Keeping Hamilton in the prem two seasons in a row with a team like Hamilton is a decent achievement in my book if appointed he ticks both box's as a you a coach he's only 40 but has previous high level experience, it would not be the most exciting appointment but I think it could work.

Not sure some people get the point that the difference between being a team manager and a head coach is massively different, at Ayr there will be a team looking after recruitment and contracts and the guy we are appointing is only focusing on a playing  style and gelling a squad into a team 

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

If he can get us 28 points in the Premier League then get the sack I'd be quite happy (if it's him of course.  I'd be delighted if whoever it is can manage that)

You say that now, but it would be brutal in here during a 28 point season.

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

From the outside looking, that makes no remote sense tbh...

I think one of the biggest problems was his recruitment tbh. Of course the manager prior to Canning was Alex Neil so he would've had big shoes to fill in that aspect. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

From the outside looking, that makes no remote sense tbh...

I can only tell you what they said. One was also involved in an alleged altercation at McDiarmid park where his Dad apparently got involved.

Let's just say that he was being called clueless, lost the dressing room and was apparently playing negative and terrible football near the end of his tenure.

3 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

I think one of the biggest problems was his recruitment tbh. Of course the manager prior to Canning was Alex Neil so he would've had big shoes to fill in that aspect. 

And Alex Neil rates him very highly , recently said if he gets another job soon that he would be approaching Canning to be his assistant, if he gets the job that says enough for me to think he should be ok 

I always thought Canning done a decent job at Accies. I’d imagine they had they smallest budget in the two seasons he kept them up but think he played quite negative football however that is understandable due to reason stated above. 

Accies fans seemed to despise him for some reason but they do seem a really hard fan base to please.

If he gets the job it’ll be a bit of a meh appointment but could of been worse. 

4 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I can only tell you what they said. One was also involved in an alleged altercation at McDiarmid park where his Dad apparently got involved.

Let's just say that he was being called clueless, lost the dressing room and was apparently playing negative and terrible football near the end of his tenure.

Got a job when he was not ready for it , a bit like Kerr for us , Neil left and he stumbled into the role due to financial restraints 

Irrespective of who we get, I'll be supporting them and giving them the benefit of any doubt.

As we've already mentioned, virtually anyone we get will have failed elsewhere, either that or they'll be untried so it is what it is.

Just now, Finlay21 said:

What a laugh tomorrow when the announcement is made snd it’s someone else and everyone goes , I thought it was going to be Canning 

it’s been an emotional rollercoaster that’s for sure. I don’t think there is a single appointment that would satisfy the full fan base. We’re all hard to please. 

See at the end of the day - Canning (or whoever) plus Mathie and Glendinning and whoever we bring in as backroom staff with Smith in charge will be the most positive i've been about an appointment since McCall came in, and even then that was just simply because he had managed before.