The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Just a manager who has a good head of hair would be fine by me. Sick of seeing either bald or far back hairlines now. 

No ginger windbags either. I'm sorry this is discriminatory but anyone with characteristics in common with Hopkin need not apply.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I would not write anyone off , some people have a reputation of being very good coaches but not the greatest managers when appointed

Would someone with a bad reputation as a manager but possibly a good coach and a working relationship with the new head of recruitment Martin Canning fit that criteria I wonder ?

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Never been to Greenock and open to being asked if they've heard of the Ayrshire derby should be the key criteria.

Au Media Calum is on the interview panel I’ve heard. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

9 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You itk? 

Not directly but got a few sources who are pretty solid.  Not been told he has the job confirmed but did get told he was interviewed which I've no reason not to believe, so just joining the dots - if there was a bookies market open right now that's who I'd back anyway.

Just now, Hursty said:

Not directly but got a few sources who are pretty solid.  Not been told he has the job confirmed but did get told he was interviewed which I've no reason not to believe, so just joining the dots - if there was a bookies market open right now that's who I'd back anyway.

Shocked Bad News GIF

15 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Would someone with a bad reputation as a manager but possibly a good coach and a working relationship with the new head of recruitment Martin Canning fit that criteria I wonder ?

led to believe 3 people fit the criteria to be our head coach , mostly through Mathie’s connections , and he is happy that the chosen guy has the attributes to deliver the next stage of the clubs 5 year plan ( now 4 years ) 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:
10 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:
Au Media Calum is on the interview panel I’ve heard. 

First question from Calum "what do you know about the Ayrshire derby?"

Was it McAdams or McAllister that basically replied "nothing really" to the standard "so what impact did the fans in the Somerset Road End have on you signing?"    Quite liked that honesty.  

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

He was interviewed alongside 3 others 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Not asking you to say but do you know who is likely to get it? 

I would think my source is pretty accurate , but with them not being associated to the club that  still leaves a doubt 

Edited by Finlay21