The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I am still in the camp of whoever it is will be the coach that Mathie believes will install the long term plan that the board along with him see Ayr United achieving , I would not write anyone off , some people have a reputation of being very good coaches but not the greatest managers when appointed 

Regardless of who actually gets the job, I'm more encouraged and heartened by having Mathie and his analyst in the background. 

Their skills and experience in recruiting take the pressure off to an extent. The manager / head coach can use their skills and knowledge on the training pitch and spend less time going over player cv's and dealing with agents. 

One thing I would like to see from the new guy is a continued commitment to the academy and bringing youngsters through into the first team where possible.

Despite what people might think we are definitely doing something right in that regard. Long may that continue. 

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I am still in the camp of whoever it is will be the coach that Mathie believes will install the long term plan that the board along with him see Ayr United achieving , I would not write anyone off , some people have a reputation of being very good coaches but not the greatest managers when appointed 

Every Ayr fan on here psychoanalysing your post word for word for any clues to the new guys identity. 

200.gif

Just now, BukyOHare said:

Every Ayr fan on here psychoanalysing your post word for word for any clues to the new guys identity. 

200.gif

I am in the dark same as everyone else , just posting my interpretation of some of the rumours I am hearing 

Who ever gets it is going to get more support than hopkin even the so called happy clappers like my self knew it was a disaster waiting to happen and Duffy after a promising start was just the same, hoping this clean slate and we get back to enjoying proper football win lose or draw.

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Hartley one of the favourites for them up the road being banded about by some journalists along with Warren Feeney 

J R ?

I thought he was more into his fly fishing these days ???

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Celtic supporting friend says that McManus has been given permission to speak to clubs. He didn’t specifically mention us but he did say a few clubs in our league. 

They would not allow us to speak to Darren O’Dea due to how highly they rate him , due to that I think they would be looking for stupid compensation payment as he has a couple of years left on contract I think 

Edited by Finlay21