The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

New manager in by the end of the week hopefully 

Is the Tweet referring to the head of recruitment or the new Head Coach when stating "He has a real background in the game" ?

Barkley did a very odd interview on Sky Sports News yesterday from the pitch at Livingston where he had just taken a training match in which he was pleased his side won . Initially I thought he was tying his colours to Livi’s mast but as the interview went on he talked more of finishing up a manager . Was this is farewell to Livingston . Not sure .

What I am sure of is Graeme Mathie . He comes across as an ultra progressive type of guy , he seems to walk the walk as well as talking the talk . His two recent appointments tell a story of where he wants the club to head  . He just needs the next couple of appointments over the line and then it’s over to the coaches and the players . We already know that our players are a bit better than the crap they’ve been offering . With four new players we should be up and running .

A few have commented that there was no plan ! Guys there was always a plan ! Guys like Smith run their life’s on three, five and ten year plans . I’m guessing things have been brought forward as relegation was just not part of any plan . We look like we are going all in .. There will be road bumps along the way , there may be one tonight at Thistle but the direction of travel is only one way and that is up . 

So on the 9th February it’s Killie away , unless the FM extends the current measures . So perhaps it’s time for us the fans to put our marker down and show our Chairman and Managing Director and also the new coaching team who the f**k we actually are . Get the tickets bought and make Killie away the fulcrum of our direction change .

ps Mathie was astounded that Graeme Speirs tried to compare Ayr United with Hamilton Accies in terms of crowd potential . He laughed out load at that comparison .

29 minutes ago, North British said:

Barkley did a very odd interview on Sky Sports News yesterday from the pitch at Livingston where he had just taken a training match in which he was pleased his side won . Initially I thought he was tying his colours to Livi’s mast but as the interview went on he talked more of finishing up a manager . Was this is farewell to Livingston . Not sure .

What I am sure of is Graeme Mathie . He comes across as an ultra progressive type of guy , he seems to walk the walk as well as talking the talk . His two recent appointments tell a story of where he wants the club to head  . He just needs the next couple of appointments over the line and then it’s over to the coaches and the players . We already know that our players are a bit better than the crap they’ve been offering . With four new players we should be up and running .

A few have commented that there was no plan ! Guys there was always a plan ! Guys like Smith run their life’s on three, five and ten year plans . I’m guessing things have been brought forward as relegation was just not part of any plan . We look like we are going all in .. There will be road bumps along the way , there may be one tonight at Thistle but the direction of travel is only one way and that is up . 

So on the 9th February it’s Killie away , unless the FM extends the current measures . So perhaps it’s time for us the fans to put our marker down and show our Chairman and Managing Director and also the new coaching team who the f**k we actually are . Get the tickets bought and make Killie away the fulcrum of our direction change .

ps Mathie was astounded that Graeme Speirs tried to compare Ayr United with Hamilton Accies in terms of crowd potential . He laughed out load at that comparison .

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Probably the only one they know about. If you look at some of the other appointments recently from teams following the same approach - 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59480176

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59480180

Its not a case of It'll be one of these 5 folk because they are out of work and are the correct shape and fit of that club like it normally would. Currently we would be wondering if it would be Jack Ross, even Tommy Wright or if Ian Murray had a clause in his contract. 

Bartley is the only one mentioned as being interviewed, nothing from the club to back that up though. There was an initial list of 4 names given to the board plus some applicants to consider, then interviews. 

I'd still like Peter Murphy, still a young manager but with an extensive playing history. Maybe a head coach role would suit him. 

Mind the time the club made a big song and dance of advertising the post, interviewing applicants,  taking their sweet time, then appointed Mark Kerr?

That was some laugh.

11 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Not reading to much into it but Maxwell's dad has shared the story about Ayr wanting to make the deal permanent and liked some tweets saying he should sign permanently

He’s also liking stuff about Partick being linked aswell to be fair. 

3 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

Mind the time the club made a big song and dance of advertising the post, interviewing applicants,  taking their sweet time, then appointed Mark Kerr?

That was some laugh.

Might happen again, Moffat has his badges I think. 
he’d have a lot of good will and support.