The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

18 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We're apparently trying to get Maxwell to sign on permanently next month to stop him going to Partick. Dunfermline are also trying to get him.

I wonder if the connections he has to the club will make a difference. Going to be interesting to find out what influence the appointment of Mathie and prospect of a new head coach with new ideas will have on bringing players in during January.

3 minutes ago, AuAl said:

I wonder if the connections he has to the club will make a difference. Going to be interesting to find out what influence the appointment of Mathie and prospect of a new head coach with new ideas will have on bringing players in during January.

I imagine it’ll also be dependent on how Maxwell sees himself as a player - does he want to be developed as an attacking midfielder, or as a left back.... 

I’m assuming McCall wants him as a left back, given the attacking midfield options he has!

59 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Chalmers has earned his starting spot tomorrow night, and I’m fine having him as a back up for the rest of the season once we recruit a CM. 

Because there's nobody else to play that position? 

That's in hope the new midfielder is better than Chalmers. We could literally end up with another Grant Gillespie 😔

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-bid-keep-hold-25800377

Looks like we're putting out all the stops to try and keep Maxwell, good to see, who knows if it'll be enough, think a new head coach will have a lot to do with it.

The appointment of this recruitment chief all but confirms we're going down the head coach route instead of a manager. 

Exciting times, jigsaw is falling into place off park all we need is a promising head coach in the dugout and good additions for the team, convo earlier about needing a central midfielder, what about Keighan Jacobs??

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Hopefully hired for his skills and not just because he's pals with Mathie. Given the role he held at Hamilton, he would appear on the face of things to be qualified.

58 minutes ago, rb123! said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/ayrshire/ayr-united-bid-keep-hold-25800377

Looks like we're putting out all the stops to try and keep Maxwell, good to see, who knows if it'll be enough, think a new head coach will have a lot to do with it.

The appointment of this recruitment chief all but confirms we're going down the head coach route instead of a manager. 

Exciting times, jigsaw is falling into place off park all we need is a promising head coach in the dugout and good additions for the team, convo earlier about needing a central midfielder, what about Keighan Jacobs??

I may be looking into this too much but given their is direct quotes from Mathie you’d like to think he thinks there is a really good chance we’ll get Maxwell. 

17 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

The irony.

You had a big win yesterday and the aftermath was Ayr fans arguing amongst themselves about racism. People in glass houses and all that.

I see some Dumfries-dwellers have been abusing the daughter of Palmerston's favourite son.

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

The new Mick?

Really poor timing for Kerr, he would have benefited from all this.

Except he couldn’t get the best out of numerous players, so not really... possibly as part of the backroom team though.

Kerr and McArdle had good ideas in terms of this area, and certainly could have added something as part of the staff - just not as the sole management team.  

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Except he couldn’t get the best out of numerous players, so not really... possibly as part of the backroom team though.

Kerr and McArdle had good ideas in terms of this area, and certainly could have added something as part of the staff - just not as the sole management team.  

This. The team Kerr had last season should have been more than good enough to avoid any relegation battle.