The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

By then Ayr will have new players signed giving them a better chance

Aye, because our new manager will be sitting back with his finger up his pipe and settling for the squad he inherited.

behave yer sel.

Both teams, Police & SPFL agreed to it, the only benefit any team will gain is having two set of fans creating an atmosphere.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe it would maybe it wouldn't.

I don't think Raith would agree to it being moved though. 

On the basis that allowing one fixture to be rescheduled it would be difficult for them to refuse other requests

Saying that,its the SPFL we,re talking about

Edited by Rovers_Lad

24 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

5B94FD70-1741-4A6C-9C06-19C15BEC142D.jpeg.4f320377ee32406b587efde38c3fe4f5.jpeg

Out of curiosity, since when in a free democratic society, did anyone's political leanings determine their rights or otherwise to express their football views on a public forum? 

Whilst on this subject, it may be relevant to note that many of the QOS fans on P&B no longer reside in the Dumfries and Galloway region .... whilst you are tarring us all with that particular brush .... just saying ....

I am also questioning why so many QOS fans on here are insufferable arseholes. 

The irony.

QOS. An odd bunch.

You had a big win yesterday and the aftermath was Ayr fans arguing amongst themselves about racism. People in glass houses and all that.

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The irony.

You had a big win yesterday and the aftermath was Ayr fans arguing amongst themselves about racism. People in glass houses and all that.

I’m not aware of Ayr fans continuously posting on the Queens threads, and getting angry about things that don’t even affect them - it’s weird behaviour. 

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The irony.

Tbf I didn't say that we weren't a weird bunch as well.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

A local thread for local people?

I obviously don’t mind fans from other clubs posting on the Ayr thread, it’s the point of the forum. However, some of the bizarre ranting from Queens fans about a fixture change that doesn’t affect them is strange. 

51 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

Out of curiosity, since when in a free democratic society, did anyone's political leanings determine their rights or otherwise to express their football views on a public forum?

Couldn't agree more. There's been a lot of political views on this that are completely unnecessary.

In fact, there's no reason for political views in Scottish football at all.....

...oh wait!

IMG_20211227_225357.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

I see our man Mr Mathie had one of the old Hibs top boys George Craig beside him on Sunday in the stand, he is a vastly experienced football operations man who retired a couple of years ago from Hibs , he is certainly using his contacts and can only help in the recruitment and manager level process we are going through and bodes well for the future.

Retired from football after leaving Hibs so I doubt he'd be taking a job at Ayr. Maybe bring him in on a part time advisory basis or maybe he was just talking to Mathie regarding potential manager candidates. 

10 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Maybe one day they’ll land in the same league as Annan and get a nice wee borders derby.

That league being the Northern Premier League, after we give D&G to England and tell them to keep it.

9 hours ago, Otis Blue said:

Aside from the usual ignorance of what free speech entitles one to on a private forum (last I checked P&B wasn't provided by the Scottish Government), the freedom to speak also implies the freedom to be called an (I quote) insufferable arsehole.

Edited by Thumper

Looking at January, what would a realistic 18 man squad look like? Would obviously all depend on who Mathie and the new coach/manager bring on and what formation they’d go with, but something like this for me:

McAdams

RB Muirhead CB Reading 

CM Murdoch Maxwell

RW Adeloye Bradley

Subs: Albinson, Baird, Houston, CM, O’Connor, McKenzie, CF

I’d like to see the new management team involve Moffat as a coach, keep him registered for emergencies, but I think his playing days at this level are probably gone and come next season wouldn’t be involved. I do see him still having a good involvement at the club going forward though. Also anyone know when Hewitt is likely to be back? 

32 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

McAdams

RB Muirhead CB Reading 

CM Murdoch Maxwell

RW Adeloye Bradley

Subs: Albinson, Baird, Houston, CM, O’Connor, McKenzie, CF

I agree with you. Though putting it down like you have, it's clear that Ayr need support on the whole right side. Also Don't think Fjortoft is too bad a player but 100% would launch Baird and McGinty into the sea. Afolabi's time is surely up and Chalmers has done hee haw to argue for a space in the XI.

Maybe not get rid of The Moff just yet though, I'd give him the half season of playing like what Martyn Campbell received. Then tie him down immediately into a coaching role.

22 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I agree with you. Though putting it down like you have, it's clear that Ayr need support on the whole right side. Also Don't think Fjortoft is too bad a player but 100% would launch Baird and McGinty into the sea. Afolabi's time is surely up and Chalmers has done hee haw to argue for a space in the XI.

Maybe not get rid of The Moff just yet though, I'd give him the half season of playing like what Martyn Campbell received. Then tie him down immediately into a coaching role.

Based on this season, Baird is far better than Fjortoft. 

Chalmers has earned his starting spot tomorrow night, and I’m fine having him as a back up for the rest of the season once we recruit a CM.