The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

I would be very surprised if the gap between 5th and 6th is less than 15 points by the end of the season. There is a very sizeable gulf in quality, even if some of the bottom half sides can pull off the odd good result like yesterday's.

Pish. Arbroath aren't substantially better than they were last season and are bossing things. Other than QOS and Morten who are predictably mediocre, the bottom 5 could all beat anyone if their managers actually bothered playing their best XI in their preferred positions. That's leaving aside the Falkirk impression that They Who Don't Even Have A Coastline have been putting on for most of the last few weeks.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Is the Duffy the shortest reign of a permanent manager that we’ve ever had? I know Watt didn’t last long but I think it was longer than Duffy.

No. It's Bobby Flavell. 17 days.

15 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That’s the derby rescheduled for the 9th February! Let’s hope we will be allowed in by then! 

Ayr have been guaranteed a portion of the crowd, regardless of any current restrictions at that time.

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I find that strange as most clubs he's been at he's been made Captain and also under a vast amount of Managers with all different playing styles and outlooks on how the game should be played.

Surely a guy who "doesn't listen" and "does his own thing" would never be made Captain ??

Incidentally, I'm just playing Devils advocate here.

It is strange how he keeps getting made Captain. Although twice under Hopkin and we know that his decision making was atrocious and he was stubborn.

McCall ultimately shipped him out of Thistle. Bearing in mind that Thistle went down and even then didn't consider McGinty to be a good option. That speaks volumes for me.

McCall clearly didn't think he was up to League One standard. McCall can also turn players around, especially those with a bad attitude but obviously determined that McGinty wasn't worth it.

I'm with Uncle Ian, the guy is a bombscare and a hinderance to the team. The sooner he is shipped out the better. 

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I find that strange as most clubs he's been at he's been made Captain and also under a vast amount of Managers with all different playing styles and outlooks on how the game should be played.

Surely a guy who "doesn't listen" and "does his own thing" would never be made Captain ??

Incidentally, I'm just playing Devils advocate here.

He has been club captain at his last 4 clubs under 6 different managers 

Disappointed the game on the 2nd has been cancelled . Felt we had a chance after yesterday's performance. Would have been good to see Killie shafted of ticket money yet again. Personally I cant see full crowds being back by then as the Scottish Govt has well and truly shat the bed. Also yes we may strengthen the squad by then, but so will they

53 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

That’s the derby rescheduled for the 9th February! Let’s hope we will be allowed in by then! 

Ayr fans will be allowed in that was part of the deal , even if limited Ayr have been guaranteed a representation 

13 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He has been club captain at his last 4 clubs under 6 different managers 

Yes, that's what I thought and doesn't tally up to someone with a poor attitude who does his own thing.

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

I would rather have played them on the 2nd. Why help them out financially? Makes no sense from our point of view

Umm it makes complete sense. 

It allows us to potentially have an away support which will help, as well as allowing us to bed in a new manager and players. Kilmarnock don’t have to turn over their squad in January as much as we do. 

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, that's what I thought and doesn't tally up to someone with a poor attitude who does his own thing.

The state of those managers though.... Hopkin, Duffy, McPherson, that fitness guy, Hopkin again, Caldwell and McCall possibly? 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

A sell out away crowd of 30...

I get the feeling killie will manage to be able to somehow wrangle their way out of giving any away allocation to a maximum of 500 based on "police advice" or some pish like that, just wait and i bet that'll happen....