The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Whyte might fit the head coach role if it is only about coaching. I don’t think he is interested and a few people I know who know him say he isn’t the right type of person to be a boss.

It’s not clear if Mathie will be doing the recruitment or just negotiating for players identified by the manager/head coach, there will be plenty of good coaches out there that perhaps won’t want to deal with the other aspects of a traditional managers role. 

I wondered if Whyte might he an option as an auld heid for the new manager.

However, I quickly remembered he was Roberts Assistant Manager and given the unmitigated disaster that involved I think he's best placed at the Academy. Also, I think he actually does the Head of Academy role pretty well so why jeopardise that if we don't need to.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I wondered if Whyte might he an option as an auld heid for the new manager.

However, I quickly remembered he was Roberts Assistant Manager and given the unmitigated disaster that involved I think he's best placed at the Academy. Also, I think he actually does the Head of Academy role pretty well so why jeopardise that if we don't need to.

His part in the Roberts experiment was a link between the academy and the first team, he brought through Forrest and Crawford and latterly McGuffie in that time.

Having said that, having a manager who takes an interest in the academy talent would bridge that gap without Whyte having to move

What former Ayr player was it that Absoulotely ripped into Davie Whyte on the Craig Telfer podcast? Basically accused him of snaking Roberts. Was it Paddy Boyle? 

ETA: Wouldn’t of been Boyle as he was a McCall signing 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What former Ayr player was it that Absoulotely ripped into Davie Whyte on the Craig Telfer podcast? Basically accused him of snaking Roberts. Was it Paddy Boyle? 

It was McLaughlin 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scott McLaughlin I believe. 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

It was McLaughlin 

Aye it was him. Makes sense as McLaughlin was one of Roberts auld pal signings and would never have wanted him sacked. I've never heard anything to suggest White is one for the watching though and I know for a fact he puts his heart and soul into the academy. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s right. Although given McLaughlin was the first one to be emptied when McCall came in you can take his opinion with a pinch of salt 

Aye, he was one of Roberts pals.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye it was him. Makes sense as McLaughlin was one of Roberts auld pal signings and would never have wanted him sacked. I've never heard anything to suggest White is one for the watching though and I know for a fact he puts his heart and soul into the academy. 

Indeed, I think White does a good job at the Academy. Claire on the AU media stream spoke very highly of his work. Not sure who Claire is though, assume she works at the Academy?

Just now, Trogdor said:

Aye, he was one of Roberts pals.

Indeed, I think White does a good job at the Academy. Claire on the AU media stream spoke very highly of his work. Not sure who Claire is though, assume she works at the Academy?

Think she plays with Ayr United Ladies. Possibly helps out in the academy too. 

20 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

one of Roberts auld pal signings

That seems to be all Mark Roberts did. Sign his pals and act like one of the lads.

Actually bumped into him in a shop whilst on the phone to Roxanne. I said 'Oh, There's Mark Roberts, How you doing?' As a nice guy would, before Roxanne blurts out on Loudspeaker 'Is that no the knob-end ye wanted punted!? Tell em he's pish!'

Edited by Roxanne's man

Well sat next to Neil Scally today and had a good blether with him thro the game

Thistle are looking for another wide player Tiffoney like no commitment about any player other than he thinks Maxwell and Reading are good players.

Asked who. The best team in the league is apart from thistle and like me he said Inverness.

Will they go up, yes if they get the wide player they are after, but he said there pitch is really bad due to two teams plating on it and they are worried it could jeopardise there chances.

Can I also say he was cheering every goal and complimenting the Ayr players throughout the game stayed to the death not  like other guys scouting games still has a big thing for Ayr Thistle apart, he also said he had a big say when Docherty went to Thistle there families go way back on and off the pitch.

Apart from the result really enjoyed meeting him today and he feels we have the players to stay up and with a couple of additions might surprise a few like today.

The  big question on Mcginty he just said we-offloaded him as he just continued to do his own thing week in and out terrible individual mistakes until he was told if he didn’t listen he’d be out and the rest is history.

21 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Scott McLaughlin was it no?

Anyone else want to "strike whilst the iron is hot" and play Killie next week? Saw their gk got sent off so not sure of it's a 1 or 2 game ban.

Maxwell was great today. I hear his old man is an Ayr fan but a few months back stranraer posted something about him being a mascot when he was young and it says his dad supports them. Unsure if they meant them or us. Regardless, hope he stays and we build on that great performance today 

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone else want to "strike whilst the iron is hot" and play Killie next week? Saw their gk got sent off so not sure of it's a 1 or 2 game ban.

Maxwell was great today. I hear his old man is an Ayr fan but a few months back stranraer posted something about him being a mascot when he was young and it says his dad supports them. Unsure if they meant them or us. Regardless, hope he stays and we build on that great performance today 

Almost certain Killie game is in February, if talk today was correct