The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

On Maxwell, if he is for sale. He’s local and his family are Ayr fans. We also have a chairman willing to invest in the team.

I think we are in a better position to sign him than Thistle if it comes down to It, I don’t think Thistle or Ayr are going to splash £30k+ on a player. It may come down to wages but I doubt Thistle will be paying a huge wage either. 

If we are in for him, then may the best bid win. Great result today. Well done.

30 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

On Maxwell, if he is for sale. He’s local and his family are Ayr fans. We also have a chairman willing to invest in the team.

I think we are in a better position to sign him than Thistle if it comes down to It, I don’t think Thistle or Ayr are going to splash £30k+ on a player. It may come down to wages but I doubt Thistle will be paying a huge wage either. 

He's not local (he's from Ayr but he lives in Larbert) and Thistle will certainly pay £30k for a player if they feel like it. Thistle will be comfortably outpaying Ayr in wages terms too.

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

He's not local (he's from Ayr but he lives in Larbert) and Thistle will certainly pay £30k for a player if they feel like it. Thistle will be comfortably outpaying Ayr in wages terms too.

He’s originally from Ayr and his dad is an Ayr fan so we certainly have that connection. 

40 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Not denying we were sensational, best i've seen us play since probably near the start of the Kerr era, we still did look dodgy from crosses though today.

Proof today though that the team maybe doesn't need a major overhaul, still need the CB area adressed though along with someone to help Adeloye up top. 

Fear that Maxwell performance will have made McCall even more determined to get him at Thistle...

Andy Murdoch aswell btw he was back to his scintillating best, would honestly say that was his best game since he done his ACL

Spoke to someone today who said there was no substance to the Maxwell   story , thought it was a bit of sportsmanship 

2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I'm sure when the poster called him local he was referring to where he came from. I'd argue with the backing that Smith is giving we could compete with Thistle in terms of wages for most players. Unless they wanted to offer him something way above our wage structure. 

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Thistle will of course be paying more for wages in absolute terms and on average terms. That's not to say for certain players we couldn't pay more. Much like you guys did with Dobbie but on a different scale obviously.

Edited by Trogdor

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Shite Christmas? Bad mood? Raging at an Ayr win? 
he’s not local, he’s from Ayr. Regardless of where he lives now, he was at Ayr boys club, his family are Ayr fans. You’ve got to be raging at the possibility of Ayr improving to describe that as not local.

Ayr could comfortably pay £30k for a player if they feel like it, could Thistle pay more to outbid Ayr? Probably, will they? I doubt any club would want to get in to a bidding war. 

What are you basing the “comfortably” on ? 

33 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Got to ask, has Ayr Lost under leadership of Davie white? 

I'm not saying we should place him as manager, though I'm not saying we shouldn't. 

Doesn't want it. Prefers the academy. Isn't that right? Long-term it's better that the academy has someone of that calibre. Ideally Ayr would be drawing from that pool and not jobbers from Morten.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Doesn't want it. Prefers the academy. Isn't that right? Long-term it's better that the academy has someone of that calibre. Ideally Ayr would be drawing from that pool and not jobbers from Morten.

3 games in charge every 4 months as caretaker is probably enough to keep us in this league 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

3 games in charge every 4 months as caretaker is probably enough to keep us in this league 

Fortunately the current board seems to have just the right eye for permanent managers to keep this happening.

40 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Got to ask, has Ayr Lost under leadership of Davie white? 

I'm not saying we should place him as manager, though I'm not saying we shouldn't. 

He has more league wins as Ayr manager than David Hopkin.

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm sure when the poster called him local he was referring to where he came from. I'd argue with the backing that Smith is giving we could compete with Thistle in terms of wages for most players. Unless they wanted to offer him something way above our wage structure. 

You can argue all you want, QOS fans of course have an intricate knowledge of what both ourselves and Partick would offer players. 

Absolutely superb performance today from the very first whistle to the final whistle.

What a difference a young energetic and hungry midfield make to the team.

Bradley, McKenzie and Maxwell were all brilliant, not just in their link up play and passing ability but even more importantly in their closing down and snapping into tackles, which is something that's been missing all season. Having said that, I'd probably have my man of the match as Murdoch although any of them could have got it.

For those who weren't there, we REALLY DID look like a good side today and made Raith look pretty second rate and on another day we could probably have scored 5 or 6 with our only defensive scares being a couple of first half crosses and a couple of 20 yard strikes in the second.

As for us, we created chance after chance after chance, we hit the underside of the bar, we missed a penalty, Maxwell had a couple of excellent chances, Chalmers had an excellent chance, Bradley had a pretty good chance and Adeloye had a couple that he maybe should have done better with, however I'm not complaining about winning 2-0 as only last week I wondered if we'd ever score a goal again, let alone win a game !!!

Brilliant stuff Ayr and I've really high hopes about staying up if we can reproduce even close to that performance today !!