The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

These clowns on Ayr TV TV slaughtering Adeloye at half time "Hes lazy" " he doesn't care " " poor body language "      10 goals in a shite team btw , shut the F*** Up 

They strike me as the sort who do a 180 each week. I don't watch the streams as I'm there in person but I expect they were bending over backwards not to criticise Duffman. Now he's gone it's like this is the best we've played in months.

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Well well well

That's changed the perspective

Can't take away though from Raith being utterly hopeless

I don’t overly buy this tbh, we got right after them from the start - we made them poor. As many of us have said this season, no one in this league is anything special, treat them accordingly!

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Aye, he was sensational. The work rate of the entire midfield was immense. Andy Murdoch was imperious!

I have to say in fairness, slow Joe barely annoyed me. Other than a ropey first touch when he should have got a shot away. Nor did Bombscare McGinty. I forgive them both though.

I hope we've turned a corner with this squad. Major caveat Raith weren't really at it today. Now much of that was down to us or them? Who knows but I'm looking forward to the future.

Edited by Trogdor

Just now, No_Problemo said:

I don’t overly buy this tbh, we got right after them from the start - we made them poor. As many of us have said this season, no one in this league is anything special, treat them accordingly!

Not denying we were sensational, best i've seen us play since probably near the start of the Kerr era, we still did look dodgy from crosses though today.

Proof today though that the team maybe doesn't need a major overhaul, still need the CB area adressed though along with someone to help Adeloye up top. 

Fear that Maxwell performance will have made McCall even more determined to get him at Thistle...

Andy Murdoch aswell btw he was back to his scintillating best, would honestly say that was his best game since he done his ACL

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I've changed my mind. We must sign Maxwell, he was fucking awesome today at left mid. 

I second this. If possible, we should be looking to get him in longer. Hopefully he can continue form like that, happy to see him proving some of us (myself included) wrong.

I said after Duffy left, he can blame the squad but he never fixed any of the issues that were obvious to everyone.

Today, playing on the front foot and trying to retain the ball, we looked 10 times the team that played last week.

We were still suspect out of possession, which can be blamed on the squad. The players brought in showed more energy to chase things down.

it’s only one game, We had a go at Raith previously and should have got more from the game so it’s hard to say how much simply binning Duffy had an effect. But that is the best performance of the season by a mile. A 3 rare points and a clean sheet. Many good performances. 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I have to say in fairness, slow Joe barely annoyed me. Other than a ropey first touch when he should have got a shot away. Nor did Bombscare McGinty. I forgive them both though.

I hope we've turned a corner with this squad. Major caveat Raith weren't really at it today. Now much of that was down to us or them? Who knows but I'm looking forward to the future.

We’ve all said it for weeks: Chalmers has his faults but he is a huge upgrade in that midfield. Actually looks for the ball. 

Most likely a bit of both, but Raith wouldn’t have been as poor if we didn’t get after them like we did. 

On Maxwell, if he is for sale. He’s local and his family are Ayr fans. We also have a chairman willing to invest in the team.

I think we are in a better position to sign him than Thistle if it comes down to It, I don’t think Thistle or Ayr are going to splash £30k+ on a player. It may come down to wages but I doubt Thistle will be paying a huge wage either.