The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

You say that as if it's a bad thing. 

Tbf Rangers loanees have been head and shoulders of an improvement compared to what we've got from the east end of Glasgow at Celtic with Calvin Miller and Afalobi, Doohan being the exception ofc

Just now, rb123! said:

If he'd been playing on LM which is his position i think him and Reading would have worked a good partnership, just we had two numpties who were hell bent on playing a left sided player in RM. 

The guys clearly understandably pissed off going by his dad's tweet last weekend after the Queens so can't blame the guy. 

I don't think he has it in him to play in midfield. Gets pushed about too easily. I'd like to have seen him at LB but IMO Reading is better than him. 

Just now, D'Jaffo said:

I don't think he has it in him to play in midfield. Gets pushed about too easily. I'd like to have seen him at LB but IMO Reading is better than him. 

It's hard to really say that. Has Maxwell actually played at left back for us?

Admittedly, Reading has been immense for most of the season with the exception of the last couple of games.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

We get it mate, you don’t want anyone involved with rangers at the club. 

Doesn’t @itzdrkusually have a different player each season who he’s decided is shite and must leave regardless of how they actually play?

I’m assuming this is just that.

Sorry don’t agree Reading has been poor for weeks now and Maxwell is a left back nothing Else we have been shoehorning him into the midfield  and-he has not been great so for goodness sake play the boy in his position before we complain  or off load him and if so play reading in front of him if needed or it will give him the kick up the arse he needs.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I'm actually suprised Uncle Ian hasn't enquired about Reading or made some overtures via the papers. Going for Maxwell suggests he has an immediate need at left back (unless he's going to play him right wing as well 🤣).

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Since when?

I always saw, and still see Ayr United as a team for everyone, regardless of sex, race or religion.

It's absolute pish like this that has fucked up Scottish football.

Dearie me. It was clearly not a serious post 

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Since when?

I always saw, and still see Ayr United as a team for everyone, regardless of sex, race or religion.

It's absolute pish like this that has fucked up Scottish football.

Stand down, he's having you on.

5 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

and if so play reading in front of him if needed or it will give him the kick up the arse he needs.

Yeah, I don't understand why we haven't given that a go tbf. Reading played left mid for U21s routinely. Although it then means O'Connor on the right and then we're still shoehorning people into the team.

Maxwell is a decent player, however he isn’t that great in midfield as it isn’t his position and we could probably do better in there. 

We have no idea if he is better at left back than Reading, and there really isn’t any point in having both of them. 

He is very young and I’m sure will go on to become a very good player, but he doesn’t exactly fit into our side right now. I would be interested to see him getting a go at LB though. 

48 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Doesn’t @itzdrkusually have a different player each season who he’s decided is shite and must leave regardless of how they actually play?

I’m assuming this is just that.

I hate them all equally.