The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

That is old firm levels of whataboutery. Anyone who is racist deserves to be called out and with the problems your support has had earlier on this season (as reported by your own fans) maybe you don’t think it’s a valid question to ask but I do.

No one on here or elsewhere, as far as I know, has done anything other than back the club in investigating the incident and condemn such behaviour, at Somerset or anywhere.
Speaking of the old firm, your desperado baiting is just like Rangers fans reveling in the big jock knew stuff. That's where you're at and you know it.

12 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

No one on here or elsewhere, as far as I know, has done anything other than back the club in investigating the incident and condemn such behaviour, at Somerset or anywhere.
Speaking of the old firm, your desperado baiting is just like Rangers fans reveling in the big jock knew stuff. That's where you're at and you know it.

We all know this Sortmeout character is looking for bites and to be fair has been getting them. Less Memes and reaction he gets the more his ego will deflate and hopefully disappears behind his username.

Racism in any form is unacceptable, no doubt about it, but trying to point score in any way is pish from either side. As Jeff Venom says, its getting to Old Firm levels of patter.

Edited by diege
Spelt Jeff's surname wrong

7 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

That is old firm levels of whataboutery. Anyone who is racist deserves to be called out and with the problems your support has had earlier on this season (as reported by your own fans) maybe you don’t think it’s a valid question to ask but I do.

You really are an absolute bore with these shite fishing trips you go on. Your patter is 4th rate.

What was it you got banned for before? Shite wind ups and trolling?

Late to the party here. Would be happy with Bartley, it’s not an in house cheap appointment and yes he may not have the years of experience others have, however it’s not 20+ years between Hopkin and Duffy was hardly successful. Mathie and Bartley will have a prior relationship which fills me with confidence and Bartley himself will be well connected within the Scottish game and down south. If he comes in I would hope he gets the opportunity to have a proper back rooms team of his choice. 

1 minute ago, Handofdavid said:

So I guess that’ll be two games at Killie with no Ayr fans, while there’s a chance that both Somerset games will be unaffected.

Meeting today with Championship clubs , rumour  is that ALL games will go behind closed doors ,  hope that’s not true 

18 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Meeting today with Championship clubs , rumour  is that ALL games will go behind closed doors ,  hope that’s not true 

This isn’t football, just postpone them. 

It also allows us to sort out our horrific squad for a few weeks... 👀

18 minutes ago, Handofdavid said:

So I guess that’ll be two games at Killie with no Ayr fans, while there’s a chance that both Somerset games will be unaffected.

Prefer a Derby at Somerset personally. Though it would've been nice to claim that I had been to a Derby league game at Rugby park.

This covid p*sh is ruining a lot of things ☹️

If they postpone the next 3 weeks and then start again mid-January, there is a risk of a lot of games being off due to weather. It could end up being a farce. 
mid they had put the limit at 1000 or 10% capacity up to 1000 then most clubs without undersoil heating would almost be able to operate as normal. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

If they postpone the next 3 weeks and then start again mid-January, there is a risk of a lot of games being off due to weather. It could end up being a farce. 
mid they had put the limit at 1000 or 10% capacity up to 1000 then most clubs without undersoil heating would almost be able to operate as normal. 

I mentioned this last season around this time, however if this is going to be a "thing" every winter, then we seriously need to be looking at moving to summer football otherwise we could be facing 3 to 4 months without fans every season which would of course make a mockery of the reason football exists not to mention bankrupt half of the clubs in the country anyway and then the associated fallout of players and staff being made redundant.

It may seem like a knee jerk reaction, however we've got the vaccines and we've got the anti viral drugs and yet we're still screwed so what's the end game likely to be ? 

Next year, the year after, another 5, 10, never ???

27 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I mentioned this last season around this time, however if this is going to be a "thing" every winter, then we seriously need to be looking at moving to summer football otherwise we could be facing 3 to 4 months without fans every season which would of course make a mockery of the reason football exists not to mention bankrupt half of the clubs in the country anyway and then the associated fallout of players and staff being made redundant.

It may seem like a knee jerk reaction, however we've got the vaccines and we've got the anti viral drugs and yet we're still screwed so what's the end game likely to be ? 

It depends on the threshold they set, most teams at the top end of Scottish football have pitch protection. Having a Winter shutdown would partially solve the problem of games being called off due to weather.

If they limit crowds to a decent level, the teams without pitch protection could continue to play through the break with supporters in attendance. 
the issue is 500. Had it been 1000, most clubs in the championship would have sold to home fans only and and got by ok.

53 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It depends on the threshold they set, most teams at the top end of Scottish football have pitch protection. Having a Winter shutdown would partially solve the problem of games being called off due to weather.

If they limit crowds to a decent level, the teams without pitch protection could continue to play through the break with supporters in attendance. 
the issue is 500. Had it been 1000, most clubs in the championship would have sold to home fans only and and got by ok.

Yes, but if this is going to be long term then difficult decisions need to be made.

It's obviously far from straightforward as we're at the mercy of not only the virus, but politics, which in some respects could be much much worse, however if the winter is the perfect storm for viruses and overpowering the NHS, then Football will really need to come together and have grown up discussions about this.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

Summer football isn't necessary, we can simply have a break like we will have to do.nect season anyway. 

40 minutes ago, yorkshirepud said:

You'll get your chance next season.

Here's hoping 🤞

Hopefully the only way is up after the Hindrance Hopkin and Donkey Duffy eras.

Ayr should hopefully work better with Mathie and their potential new manager, who I'm hoping gets us as far away from relegation play off places as possible.

Quite excited to see who Ayr sign this January. Anyone in the midfield would be a bonus.