The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 hours ago, ftk said:
3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:
Hopefully if it’s Bartley Ayr fans won’t abuse him due to his race.

Only 6 days ago a kilmarnock fan was found guilty of racially abusing Alex Dyer on social media.

It was a Rangers fan but nice try.

Not that it matters, it’s not as if one set of fans/people doing this means another set can do it too.

Found a podcast Bartley was on last month and he comes across as driven, ambitious and articulates his points well. Also enthusiastic about becoming a manager in his own right and I think enthusiasm is something Mathie has shown from the two interviews so far and will be looking for someone to match that.

Bartley’s currently mostly responsible for the defensive side of things at Livi so he’d need to use all that knowledge here. Did speak about a few examples regarding his experience of man management one of which was getting dropped for the Scottish Cup final and the manager not letting him know beforehand and how such situations will help shape him as a manager.

Still not convinced it's a done deal unless Mathie's list was narrowed down as the others on it said no. 

2 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Found a podcast Bartley was on last month and he comes across as driven, ambitious and articulates his points well. Also enthusiastic about becoming a manager in his own right and I think enthusiasm is something Mathie has shown from the two interviews so far and will be looking for someone to match that.

Bartley’s currently mostly responsible for the defensive side of things at Livi so he’d need to use all that knowledge here. Did speak about a few examples regarding his experience of man management one of which was getting dropped for the Scottish Cup final and the manager not letting him know beforehand and how such situations will help shape him as a manager.

Still not convinced it's a done deal unless Mathie's list was narrowed down as the others on it said no. 

Which podcast was this?

Funnily enough, Bartley would improve our midfield immensely too if he was able to get the coaching staff right to allow himself to play as a stop gap for the rest of the season. Ideally, signings in January would mean he wouldn’t need to though. 

I’m aware he most likely won’t get the job after these discussions though! 

47 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It was a Rangers fan but nice try.

Not that it matters, it’s not as if one set of fans/people doing this means another set can do it too.

Have you come on here to score cheap points?

I recall numerous times the mutants in your support racially abused your own manager. Here's one here (a racist anonymous letter).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/kilmarnock-condemn-racist-abuse-after-letter-sent-to-manager-alex-dyer

I can't be bothered looking for more but pretty sure Morelos was racially abused at Rugby Park as well recently (not this season right enough!).

Perhaps try condemning the minority in your own support and people wouldn't question your sincerity on this thread.

Racism in all its forms should be condemned but using it to point score on a football forum is bizarre behavior imo.

Thank you and f**k off.

26 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Funnily enough, Bartley would improve our midfield immensely too if he was able to get the coaching staff right to allow himself to play as a stop gap for the rest of the season. Ideally, signings in January would mean he wouldn’t need to though. 

This reminds me of Kerr.

I was of the view that he had to stop playing to put all his efforts into being the manager. However, as it happened, he probably should have played himself more and he'd still have been manager now.

If Bartley were to be the manager and he were to play he needs an old heid on the touchline to support.

41 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I actually thought about him a couple of minutes before reading your post.

I think he's a pundit these days. He had a couple spells as caretaker manager of Motherwell.

Aye, he just struck me as someone we could potentially approach. Looking for his first gig and experience with youth teams at Motherwell. 

However, you're right he is a pundit now. I just haven't seen him much but I think that's because he was part of BT lineup and its Sky again.

1 hour ago, itzdrk said:

Oh it'll definitely drag on, I guess the hope is that after 3 weeks when announcing an extension to restrictions that they are more sensible.  

I'm also of the view that we probably need to take into account going forward that this same week two years in a row now there's been a big covid wobble backwards, things have to change to move on from this and it may well be that for football at the end of the year we need to have a break from playing across all of the leagues.  I guess we will get a taster next year with the world cup (obviously our whole team will be there representing various nations). 

All the latest data coming out of SA is pointing to a sharp increase in infections followed by an equally as sharp drop off, so if we follow the same pattern here then hopefully the three weeks will be enough.

48 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

So would Bradley if given a game.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

All the latest data coming out of SA is pointing to a sharp increase in infections followed by an equally as sharp drop off, so if we follow the same pattern here then hopefully the three weeks will be enough.

Yeah but remember we are not South Africa. We have an older population. They are in the middle of summer whilst it's winter here. Blah blah blah.

Tired 90S GIF

Spoiler

I'm tripled jabbed and sick of it now.

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Yeah but remember we are not South Africa. We have an older population. They are in the middle of summer whilst it's winter here. Blah blah blah.

Tired 90S GIF

Reveal hidden contents

I'm tripled jabbed and sick of it now.

Yes, I've been over in Spain three out of the last five weeks and covid is hardly mentioned other than a quick 5 mins on their News giving the infection rates around the country.

Our media have much to answer for.

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Yes, I've been over in Spain three out of the last five weeks and covid is hardly mentioned other than a quick 5 mins on their News giving the infection rates around the country.

Our media have much to answer for.

I don't disagree. France is similar to Spain in that regard. We seem obsessed with the numbers by comparison. 

51 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Have you come on here to score cheap points?

I recall numerous times the mutants in your support racially abused your own manager. Here's one here (a racist anonymous letter).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2020/dec/28/kilmarnock-condemn-racist-abuse-after-letter-sent-to-manager-alex-dyer

I can't be bothered looking for more but pretty sure Morelos was racially abused at Rugby Park as well recently (not this season right enough!).

Perhaps try condemning the minority in your own support and people wouldn't question your sincerity on this thread.

Racism in all its forms should be condemned but using it to point score on a football forum is bizarre behavior imo.

Thank you and f**k off.

That is old firm levels of whataboutery. Anyone who is racist deserves to be called out and with the problems your support has had earlier on this season (as reported by your own fans) maybe you don’t think it’s a valid question to ask but I do.

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

That is old firm levels of whataboutery. Anyone who is racist deserves to be called out and with the problems your support has had earlier on this season (as reported by your own fans) maybe you don’t think it’s a valid question to ask but I do.

Thanks for clarifying that you are here to score points rather than condemn racism.

You really are a cretinous moron. 

Yes we all commend you on your valiant impartial efforts.

Your medal is in the post.