The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'd take a guess at Shanks is more frustrated cause i'd imagine he'll probably be stuck in Belgium unable to come home for Christmas, hopefully as the lad seemed sensible at us. Mind you quite a lot of people seemed sensible before Covid who aren't now....

1 hour ago, diege said:

See this chasing McBookie odds for the favourite constantly, calm down

Lots of money was stacked against Jim McIntyre the last time, if I remember rightly, on the back of the Ayrshire Post article, and he was up there most of the time.

I could stick a tenner on Gus McPherson at 14/1 and he'll shoot up. Same has happened with Kettlewell for Killie

I was on doing my line and posted what was there, hence the "for what it's worth" comment on my post, no need to get uptight about it.

1 hour ago, HMIP said:

Is there any guarantee things will open up in 3 weeks?  Sturgeon didn’t seem to offer any exit criteria for the new restrictions.  

Instead of adding small restrictions as the numbers dictate, they go to the harsher end and slowly work back. I suspect much of the stuff announced today will also change rather quickly once the Uk govt  announce their thing. Might even go back to closed doors 

Majority of SRE already giving thumbs down to Bartley if true... f**k sake man just get behind it already, he's someone different to the experienced jobbers who are linked with every job going. PLUS unlike previous players Roberts and Kerr,  this guy has been manager of the reserve side and now assistant to Martindale so has already got collective experience which the previous two never had before being flung in at the deep end. 

Plus he is highly regarded and we have the structure in place now with Mathie above him as an experienced football head to go to if need be so it could work and makes sense IMO, he would just need the right backroom staff around him though.

7 minutes ago, wullieaufc said:

If it is Bartley who gets the job I hope he has an experienced assistant manager lined up to help him

Not as important, as long as the guy can coach , all the stuff in the background has been taken over by Mathie , contracts and all that stuff , which took up lots of a managers time , just need guys to get team to play to a style , our last 2 managers had multi years of experience and were disasters , Kilmarnock  and Hibs just got shot of a very experienced managers  , maybe the way forward is younger people with fresh ideas on how the game is being played now 

Edited by Finlay21