The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Whoever he is politically is irrelevant in terms of their employment at the club.

The only difference with Stillie and anyone else on the payroll is you know his leanings.

This pish of hounding someone out of a job because you support a different political party is childish nonsense. 

(I’m not a Tory) 

Not just childish but quite scary that you can only be deemed good enough if you support the political party of some of the idiots on this forum. North Korea for this pish

44 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Whoever he is politically is irrelevant in terms of their employment at the club.

The only difference with Stillie and anyone else on the payroll is you know his leanings.

This pish of hounding someone out of a job because you support a different political party is childish nonsense. 

(I’m not a Tory) 

Careful mate or you'll be next up for a hounding.

Not a Tory either please don't come after me...

follow me please GIF

Just seen the highlights and should have been six or seven and we couldn’t have complained , what a job the next person has trying to make something out of this lot, two centre backs are a must in January the three we’ve got are absolutely shocking and for me that’s the core of our problem, If Mathie can get any reputable manager coming any where near this lot I’ll be very impressed but that’s what he was brought for I suppose.

I would just get rid of the whole back room crap we have which will cost the club and let Davy White run it till end of the season can’t see there being money for a new set up, and Hopkins cronies (Timmons)that’s  left aren’t gonna walk without a pay out  we may be progressing off the park in facilities for fans but what a state we are in and without doubt the worse I have ever seen at the club.

7 minutes ago, Lochwood said:

I would just get rid of the whole back room crap we have which will cost the club and let Davy White run it till end of the season can’t see there being money for a new set up, and Hopkins cronies (Timmons)that’s  left aren’t gonna walk without a pay out  we may be progressing off the park in facilities for fans but what a state we are in and without doubt the worse I have ever seen at the club.

C'mon mate. 

Nine years ago we were part-time in League 1 and getting beaten by Albion Rovers with a back four of Kyle McAusland, Marc Twaddle, Austin McCann and Darren Brownlie playing in front of Ally Brown. 

Duffy never should have taken the job, I think we can all agree with that. More than capable to provide a coaching role I believe and maybe the occasional turn as interim manager, but considering his health and everything else going on with the club this situation was pretty inevitable.

Now go and hire Tommy Wright for a laugh.

13 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

C'mon mate. 

Nine years ago we were part-time in League 1 and getting beaten by Albion Rovers with a back four of Kyle McAusland, Marc Twaddle, Austin McCann and Darren Brownlie playing in front of Ally Brown. 

Pound for pound it’s not as straightforward. You pay peanuts you get monkeys. You pay decent championship wages you get that shower of shite. 
Worst? Probably not, worst full time team ? 100% 

6 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Duffy never should have taken the job, I think we can all agree with that. More than capable to provide a coaching role I believe and maybe the occasional turn as interim manager, but considering his health and everything else going on with the club this situation was pretty inevitable.

He is either an opportunist who sensed Hopkin was due the sack, or he was just grateful for the full time job.

He probably didn’t expect another managers job after being below average at Morton and continuing his downward trend at Dumbarton. So it was easy for him to retire. 
if he hadn’t taken the job, he may well be assistant or coach to whoever became the Ayr manager but it didn’t work out for him.

14 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Doubt. Was brought into work with the defence and things have not improved all season. Although how much anyone could get out of them is anyones guess.

1 hour ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Not just childish but quite scary that you can only be deemed good enough if you support the political party of some of the idiots on this forum. North Korea for this pish

I wouldn't want him sacked simply for his political leanings as that is not right. I do think using his position as a club employee to post a picture with a fellow political party member, about said party, while in his Ayr United kit is very questionable behaviour and not something I approve of. That would be the case irrespective of what polictical party he represented.

My opposition to him being around is mostly to do with the fact that he has been involved with the last two administrations. Clear them all out I say.

6 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Doubt. Was brought into work with the defence and things have not improved all season. Although how much anyone could get out of them is anyones guess.

Tbf he was stuck with the same shite that got Hopkin the boot. The next manager has a chance that Duffy didn't get, and that's to actually try and improve the team.

23 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Pound for pound it’s not as straightforward. You pay peanuts you get monkeys. You pay decent championship wages you get that shower of shite. 
Worst? Probably not, worst full time team ? 100% 

This 100%. With the opportunity we had and the funds we had available, this squad is an abomination.

1 hour ago, Kitty_Boy said:

C'mon mate. 

Darren Brownlie is a far better defender than anyone who was on the pitch for either side on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Darren Brownlie is a far better defender than anyone who was on the pitch for either side on Saturday.

You did see our "contribution" to the art of defending on Saturday right? 

It doesn't set the "Darren Brownlie is my hero" bar particularly high.