The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

You know it's bad when @Finlay21 is agreeing that something needs to change 

It's indefensible now. To their credit most fans have wanted to give Duffy time to turn it round. I was done after the Morton game. His interview afterwards was stinking. I was convinced that he didn't give a f**k after that. I still am. He needed punted pronto.

We have been really poor for too long. The pattern is ridiculous. He sets us up too passively and then we concede one or two goals. He does nothing at halftime and tries to change it 60 mins plus. The below shows how stubborn he is tactically. Look at the goals for and goals conceded (this includes Hopkin's time tbf).

Screenshot_20211219-104952_Chrome.jpg

Come on Smith/Mathie, please relieve Duffy of his duties today. Surely Duffy won't be trusted by the board with players Mathie has maybe identified? This cannot continue. The home crowd on Boxing Day could easily be sub 700.

7 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
40 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:
Queens losing to Morton next week will be funny, the comedown of their fans will be spectacular 

Salty.

Not at all, I have seen it on here after we drew and lost on penalties to Dundee United. A corner had been turned and United were back. 

Two wins on the bounce when Duffy took over...against the two worst teams in the league at the time.

Beating us is not hard to do, we have no midfield and our defence is the worst in the league, we had 2 shots on goal which is a lot for this team. 

But sure, by all means, think you are world beaters 

On the incompetence point that charge has to be levied at the board in the first instance. They've been so focussed on off field matters, all of which are positive, that they've taken the eye of the ball (pardon the pun).

Frankly, Duffy should have been sacked already. If the board opt not to sack him after yesterday it really is gross incompetence. No compelling argument can be made to retain Duffy. The stats make the argument, the performances make the argument. There are no positives. He even admitted himself that he's out of ideas. He doesn't know our best eleven and he can't cut out the defensive lapses irrespective of who he puts in there. It really is the end of the road.

Smith showed decisiveness when he sacked Kerr. He's shown the exact opposite this time. The board have behaved like ostriches - we'll put our heads in the sand in the hope things improve. Well they haven't got any better - make the decision already!

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Queens losing to Morton next week will be funny, the comedown of their fans will be spectacular 

At least I expect Morton to put up a bit of a fight and look vaguely like footballers, neither of which your shower looked like yesterday.  Take your humping with some dignity at least man, you're just making it even sweeter for us. 

12 minutes ago, rb123! said:

And annoyingly probably saved Duffy up until now.....

I actually don't understand how Duffy has survived for so long.

After the Morton game - a crucial six pointer (where they emptied Gus for only drawing with us)

The performance in that match was terrible. Duffy persisted with Afolabi upfront when he contributed nothing. It took him 64 minutes (earlier than usual tbf) to make any change. Bradley then scored a worldie. We then score a well worked goal to lead which was robbery tbf and then conceeded from another high cross ball (a feature of our season). That's been the pattern in the games this season. Anyone can see that how the board can't is inexplicable. 

Then with two monster games coming up against Hamilton and Queen of the South he should have been relieved of his duties and White put in temporary charge. It may not have got us any more points but it was patently obvious we wouldn't get much with Duffy's negative tactics and baffling team selections. It would have bought us time, making an appointment now in such proximity to January isn't ideal but that rests on the board as well for dithering. This a mess of their own making.

It would beggar belief if he's not sacked. The more I think about it the angrier I am getting. This didn't just happen over night the league table and the form table doesn't lie. 

You know what would be peak Ayr under Smith?

We hear absolutely f**k all and Duffy is allowed to continue captaining the ship straight into the iceberg of relegation. 

However, we get a petulant tweet from Smith complaining about his phone being lit up with messages. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

You know what would be peak Ayr under Smith?

We hear absolutely f**k all and Duffy is allowed to continue captaining the ship straight into the iceberg of relegation. 

However, we get a petulant tweet from Smith complaining about his phone being lit up with messages. 

'How dare you complain, I built a hub'

Looking at the situation. 

Hopkin leaves/walks/is fired

Short term - Smith has to potentially pay him off and his coaching team, then go through a recruitment process. Plan B is retaining the coaching staff in the hope that they come good. initially they do, the team perform better and Duffy is a low risk, safe pair of hands to take us to the end of the season. This saves a lot of money on punting the staff. 

Mid-Term - Bad results return but as long as we stay out of relegation bother, we will be ok, new manager can rebuild in the summer once Duffy retires. season is a write-off. Sacking Duffy now wouldn't look good, hardly any time has passed since he took over, it would be knee-jerk, managers need time.

Now - We are now in the relegation spots and on relegation form. We have a team that clearly don't care and looked condemned with half a season left to play.  

The time to change is now, unfortunately we will get a manager who has to now panic buy players in January because they weren't expecting to rebuild a team in 6 weeks. I would hope that through this, there is an idea of who would be replacing Duffy long term. Maybe as suggested, someone not available until the summer.