The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I don’t overly care about the smoke bomb statement, however I don’t recall many other sides putting out similar statements after pyrotechnic use - it is of course utterly bizarre how quickly the statement was made. 

Particularly as we haven’t had a match preview in weeks, have no idea how long Michael Hewitt is injured for and given the fan base had already been criticised by Duffy over the weekend. 

You can tell our support is in a bad place when folk start defending throwing a smoke bomb on the pitch.  Bad enough in any context, but the fact it nearly hit one of our own players might make you think folk would engage their brains before attempting to defend it.

8 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I'm all for pyro at games but what was weird about the smoke bomb from your fans was how close it was thrown to your players. Nearly hit them. That was daft. Chuck it away from people and, ideally, not while in a wooden stand. 

I’m all for football at games. You can stick your pyros up your.....

The club probably did have some valid reasons to address the issue considering how close it was thrown to our own players some of whom were on the ground celebrating, the fact it was a wooden stand and that any fine the club receives could impact the playing budget heading into January.

However the statement doesn’t really mention any of this and gives off vibes of someone turning up at work crabbit on a Monday morning and firing off angry emails to folk. Particularly at a time when its radio silence from the club about everything else, ideally the issue could have been mentioned in this week’s AP with a comment from a club source and it wouldn’t have got people’s back as much.

23 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You can tell our support is in a bad place when folk start defending throwing a smoke bomb on the pitch.  Bad enough in any context, but the fact it nearly hit one of our own players might make you think folk would engage their brains before attempting to defend it.

You are making things up - no one has defended it. Several people have simply pointed it the ongoing style of club communication. 

1 hour ago, ComradeDiego said:

It’s the Roberts era all over again, shite on the pitch and contempt towards the support from the boardroom

Where’s the contempt from the boardroom ? Club safety officer having to tell fans not to throw flares onto the pitch , shouldn’t be needed 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

Where’s the contempt from the boardroom ? Club safety officer having to tell fans not to throw flares onto the pitch , shouldn’t be needed 

The contempt couldn’t be more obvious at the moment. It might actually be more worrying if there isn’t any - as in that case it is a mix of incompetence and laziness. 

No one should have been throwing flares, especially seen as we were in a wooden stand.

Although tbh I was more bothered by the HIV chant that the same wee group seem to sing regularly. Pathetic. Don't care that other supports sing songs like that, it's absolutely awful and needs fired right in the fucking sea. Anyone at the game would know what I'm talking about. Get all the "paedo" patter to f**k as well, shouting that at any opposition players is really shite patter.

25 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

You are making things up - no one has defended it. Several people have simply pointed it the ongoing style of club communication. 

Believe it or not some people are not condemning it , even some fans debating it with the SLO saying it does no harm and is part of the atmosphere currently!!!!!!!

Wrt. the lack of communication -

Honestly, it wouldn't take much from the club to nip this in the bud by addressing it head on. The ostrich approach or hiding in your bunker isn't going to cut it Smith. It's time for a statement on twitter or a message on the club website. The silence is being interpreted as you not giving a f**k about what the fans think or the club's on the field predicament.

Whilst I'm certain it's not the case in the absence of anything contrary the tension will just continue to rise.

Leaders are supposed to lead not sit there idly as things go to pot. It's time for you to show some leadership and take control of the situation. 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Wrt. the lack of communication -

Honestly, it wouldn't take much from the club to nip this in the bud by addressing it head on. The ostrich approach or hiding in your bunker isn't going to cut it Smith. It's time for a statement on twitter or a message on the club website. The silence is being interpreted as you not giving a f**k about what the fans think or the club's on the field predicament.

Whilst I'm certain it's not the case in the absence of anything contrary the tension will just continue to rise.

Leaders are supposed to lead not sit there idly as things go to pot. It's time for you to show some leadership and take control of the situation. 

Why don’t fans mail the Supporters Liaison Officer and ask him to raise this with the board , I know he has had no mails , we have that connection between fans and board yet nobody uses it  

Whilst we're going on about the severe lack of any communication from the club and moaning about pyrotechnics getting throw onto the pitch, I see that Morton had removed two spectators for racist abuse aimed at one of their own players. A sadly familiar story.

Football is a diverse game. Anyone can play or give it a bash. Whether you're shit hot or just shit, football is there for everyone. Any age, gender, skin colour or religion.

So please lets get this Racism rubbish to f*ck (and kindly take Jim Duffy with you.)

Edited by Roxanne's man

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Why don’t fans mail the Supporters Liaison Officer and ask him to raise this with the board , I know he has had no mails , we have that connection between fans and board yet nobody uses it  

Where are they buried on the website?

I have genuinely never heard anything  from the SLO. Other than I recall Itzdrk quite fancied doing it a while back but that's probably 2+ years ago now.

Do they arrange sessions with the fans? I've got quite a lot to get off my chest and that sounds quite therapeutic. 

Sorry to interrupt your happy debate but as Cammy posted earlier you are all cordially invited up to our place for our New Year Party.

A warm welcome awaits and hopefully we can all enjoy some decent craic and some decent entertainment.

Please come early, but not as early as we did at yours as there'll be plenty of room  not leg room tho'.

Best of luck on Friday and hopefully you do better on TV than we did.  😜

Merry Christmas.   :hurrah:

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

46 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

To be perfectly honest, I don’t think we should need a SLO to raise absolutely basic things. None of these things should require prompting or ideas sent to the board, just a tiny degree of professionalism.