The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There really is a dearth of names. 

Taking aside Levein, Robertson and Petrie who don’t seem to be interested the only two I can think of as possibles are Ian Murray and Owen Coyle (if he could be tempted back from India) 

Would be alright with either of those suggestions, Murray seems to be doing a great job at Airdrie just now. There is the risk around stepping up to full time which might make our fanbase a little uneasy. 

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Given the absolute dearth of decent available managers, what is the thinking on Sheerin? Is he another Mark Kerr (ie great player, probably thought too much about things to be good manager) or is he actually a good shout and Falkirk is just too much of a basket case for anyone to succeed?

Or is he too much north east to bother thinking about?

Wouldn't really want him tbh. Not writing him off as a manager though as Falkirk seem a graveyard for careers right now. He did have a few football people around him at Falkirk who could have advised him better. Kerr really only had his mate with text book rather than than club experience to fall back on

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

Given the absolute dearth of decent available managers, what is the thinking on Sheerin? Is he another Mark Kerr (ie great player, probably thought too much about things to be good manager) or is he actually a good shout and Falkirk is just too much of a basket case for anyone to succeed?

Or is he too much north east to bother thinking about?

No thanks. Watched that infamous Falkirk Q&A and he just came across as a rabbit caught in the headlights. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Seeing the club statement v Reading the club statement 

image.gif.aee9fa3d2a08caa900d0e4636e4d09c2.gif

While I’m not Condoning the use of smoke bombs it seems the only time the club communicate with the fans is when they are having a go. 

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

Whether Falkirk are a basket case or not, Declan McDaid looks like he's been shot with a tranquilliser gun, and Mackenzie Lemon makes McGinty look like Maldini. So there are egregious man-management problems and egregious recruitment/selection problems.

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

What exactly happens when we don’t have a senior keeper as back up?  Happened last season- we got an emergency loan. Or we can have someone from the academy come in. 

How does this improve anything? The difference between Ayr and a team that belong in this division is manifestly not a few hundred quid a week on a backup keeper's wages.

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Seeing the club statement v Reading the club statement 

image.gif.aee9fa3d2a08caa900d0e4636e4d09c2.gif

Such a kick in the nuts.

Edited by Thumper

13 hours ago, Trogdor said:

The old lulling the opposition into a false sense of security only to strike when they least expect it. I wish I could believe that.

He's definitely trying to strangle the game for 70 minutes and then go for it, we just don't have the players for the job :lol:

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

If only the club cared as much about winning football matches (their job) as it did about whinging about people setting off pyro (not their job).

It is their job though. Clubs can be hauled up in front of the authorities for things like this. It can also lead to more police and stewards at matches, which incurs more cost (and less money for the playing budget etc). 

Edited by RedEd

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

If only the club cared as much about winning football matches (their job) as it did about whinging about people setting off pyro (not their job).

It is their responsibility to call it out though. 

We will no doubt end up with a fine for the smoke bomb, which is probably fair enough. My main concern is more around letting on off from a wooden stand. FWIW I'm in the camp of smoke bombs look class, but also get there are knock on consequences including health. 

There is clearly alot of frustration and anger in the support at present, it would maybe be a good opportunity for the club to extend an olive branch to the young lads who are travelling in decent numbers. Maybe a meeting with Roy Provan and our SLO to talk to them on level terms (rather than just having a go) about what they want to achieve as a fan group, how they go about it and what they just can't do would be useful. Noticed Mason saying he was rejected from Cappielow due to the drum, talking to them about how they get in contact with opposition teams to get clearance for the drum may be useful. I believe the Ragazzi went down this route, maybe if any ex member post on here they could speak about how successful this is?

We've become a parody club now.

Its great to know the club's communication priority is to tell the fans off. Whether it be Duffy or the club.

Frankly, it would be nice to be kept informed of the club's plans rather than treated like mushrooms. 

Friday is gonna be some game. I reckon it could top the Raith game for toxic atmosphere.

The club really do know how to shoot themselves in the foot when it comes to communication. 

44 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

We will no doubt end up with a fine for the smoke bomb, which is probably fair enough. My main concern is more around letting on off from a wooden stand. FWIW I'm in the camp of smoke bombs look class, but also get there are knock on consequences including health. 

There is clearly alot of frustration and anger in the support at present, it would maybe be a good opportunity for the club to extend an olive branch to the young lads who are travelling in decent numbers. Maybe a meeting with Roy Provan and our SLO to talk to them on level terms (rather than just having a go) about what they want to achieve as a fan group, how they go about it and what they just can't do would be useful. Noticed Mason saying he was rejected from Cappielow due to the drum, talking to them about how they get in contact with opposition teams to get clearance for the drum may be useful. I believe the Ragazzi went down this route, maybe if any ex member post on here they could speak about how successful this is?

Won’t be long before the club send the bouncers into the SRE like last time. 

f**k me this is depressing.

When you look at what other fans across the country do with pyrotechnics (eg Rangers at Easter road, Celtic at Hampden) it's pretty hilarious how much some of our support on SRE get their knickers in a twist over one wee smoke bomb that lasted about 20 seconds getting thrown on the park after scoring a goal. It happens at games all over the country every week and isnt that much of a big deal. As far as I'm aware killie, Talbot, Celtic, Hibs or rangers to name a few haven't been fined for this recently so don't see why we would