The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

24 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would go Afolabi, Houston, Salkeld plus I don’t think Duffy rates Fjortoft 

If Duffy decides to keep McGinty over Fjortoft then he's lost the plot. Fjortoft isn't great but he's Franco Baresi next to that imposter. 

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I would go Afolabi, Houston, Salkeld plus I don’t think Duffy rates Fjortoft 

I'd hope he doesn't rate any of them :lol:

I'd keep Salkeld until the summer, get the impression he's likely to be one that's good to have during the week and he at least works hard enough when picked which will be useful in some games.  Wouldn't miss him if he went mind you. 

11 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Unless their new manager is Hopkin you’d need to have your head examined to want any of that shite in our squad 

£100,000 bid for McGinty incoming

Just now, Trogdor said:

The problem is January is Duffy. He doesn't even play our best 11. God knows what shite he'll bring in. I genuinely fear the worse. Fucking grim.

I don't think they guy knows what our best 11 is. He's chopped and changed things so much and brought guys in that Hopkin wasn't interested in but I don't think he has any clue how he wants us to line up. 

Just now, Trogdor said:

The problem is January is Duffy. He doesn't even play our best 11. God knows what shite he'll bring in. I genuinely fear the worse. Fucking grim.

Yesterday was actually a fair showing of what he's trying to do, purposely leaving some of the less bad players on the bench to try and get goals late on.  If McAdams is in nets it probably works tbf. 

2 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

If @Roxanne's man doesn’t post a photoshop of Duffys face on a Britney photo I will be very disappointed 

🎶Oh baldy, baldy 🎶

🎵At Somerset, it's killing me! 🎵

And I, I must confess, I still believe!

🎵 Still believe! 🎵

🎵 Watching this football, I'll lose my mind! 🎵

🎵Jim Duffy yer shiiiiii-eya-yite!🎵

🎵This Ayr team has got no fight!🎶 

🎵Oh baldy, baldy

IMG_20211205_224428.jpg

5 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Yesterday was actually a fair showing of what he's trying to do, purposely leaving some of the less bad players on the bench to try and get goals late on.  If McAdams is in nets it probably works tbf. 

The old lulling the opposition into a false sense of security only to strike when they least expect it. I wish I could believe that.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don't think they guy knows what our best 11 is. He's chopped and changed things so much and brought guys in that Hopkin wasn't interested in but I don't think he has any clue how he wants us to line up. 

Definitely the case.

I'm hoping he sticks with the 11 who finished the game but swaps McGinty for Fjortoft (or Aero if fit) and McAlister for Houston. 

Also hoping that goal sparks Adeloye into life.

I would be keeping Houston, unless we plan to bring in another RB. It has taken a few weeks to truly show but he is far better than McAllister. Going forward we obviously still need better as our first choice RB though. 

Salkeld, McGinty and Afolabi have no use whatsoever, and the sooner they leave the better. 

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

We don’t need 2 first team goalies so I’d definitely let albinson go.

Are you not in finance? Quick question, what does one minus one equal? Because that's the number of senior goalkeepers that would have been available for this weekend if not for Albinson (who is from fucking Step 7 of the English pyramid and so is probably not the biggest boat anchor on the wage bill). Even if he was at fault for the second, he's done a moderate job as backup thus far.

21 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Relying on Moffat to pull something out of his arse in the 80th minute wasn't a good tactic when Roberts was using it with a 31-year-old Moff in League One. It is even less so with a 39-year-old Moff in the Championship, even if this is the worst Championship in history and Moff deserves a fucking knighthood for his efforts.

Anyway, that's Sheering been punted, so Ayr are now in last place in the sack race. Rubbing my hands with anticipation of signing some past-it ex-Dumbarton jobbers in the winter break.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Moffat is only 36. Long may he continue to play as he's the only player in the squad older than me.

I hope he makes Maldini look like a quitter, but he's never going to be a penalty box assassin again.

Given the absolute dearth of decent available managers, what is the thinking on Sheerin? Is he another Mark Kerr (ie great player, probably thought too much about things to be good manager) or is he actually a good shout and Falkirk is just too much of a basket case for anyone to succeed?

Or is he too much north east to bother thinking about?

13 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Given the absolute dearth of decent available managers, what is the thinking on Sheerin? Is he another Mark Kerr (ie great player, probably thought too much about things to be good manager) or is he actually a good shout and Falkirk is just too much of a basket case for anyone to succeed?

Having listened to Graeme Spiers latest podcast with 2 Falkirk supporters, Sheerin sounds exactly like Mark Kerr in the sense that he has a certain way he wants to play, and like Hopkin in the way that he won’t deviate from that style of play. 

Think his recruitment was pretty abysmal as well tbh.

18 minutes ago, honestly united said:

He was very highly regarded at Aberdeen as a coach. Not all coaches make good managers though.

I think we’d be crazy to consider him.

5 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Having listened to Graeme Spiers latest podcast with 2 Falkirk supporters, Sheerin sounds exactly like Mark Kerr in the sense that he has a certain way he wants to play, and like Hopkin in the way that he won’t deviate from that style of play. 

I think the recruitment was Holt, but still he has a side of decent enough players getting pumped by Queens Park and in mid table. 

9 hours ago, Thumper said:

Are you not in finance? Quick question, what does one minus one equal? Because that's the number of senior goalkeepers that would have been available for this weekend if not for Albinson (who is from fucking Step 7 of the English pyramid and so is probably not the biggest boat anchor on the wage bill). Even if he was at fault for the second, he's done a moderate job as backup thus far.

Relying on Moffat to pull something out of his arse in the 80th minute wasn't a good tactic when Roberts was using it with a 31-year-old Moff in League One. It is even less so with a 39-year-old Moff in the Championship, even if this is the worst Championship in history and Moff deserves a fucking knighthood for his efforts.

Anyway, that's Sheering been punted, so Ayr are now in last place in the sack race. Rubbing my hands with anticipation of signing some past-it ex-Dumbarton jobbers in the winter break.

What exactly happens when we don’t have a senior keeper as back up?  Happened last season- we got an emergency loan. Or we can have someone from the academy come in. 

17 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

13 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

He was very highly regarded at Aberdeen as a coach. Not all coaches make good managers though.

I think we’d be crazy to consider him.

11 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I think the recruitment was Holt, but still he has a side of decent enough players getting pumped by Queens Park and in mid table. 

Fair enough, think I was clutching at straws as none of the names you see banded about fill you with any excitment

4 minutes ago, honestly united said:

Fair enough, think I was clutching at straws as none of the names you see banded about fill you with any excitment

There really is a dearth of names. 

Taking aside Levein, Robertson and Petrie who don’t seem to be interested the only two I can think of as possibles are Ian Murray and Owen Coyle (if he could be tempted back from India)