The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

We need the opposite, we need fans to try and give the team a lift. 

Fans will only do that if they sense that there is a togetherness and a common will to succeed and that just isn't there just now.  

I think it was John Lambie that used to tell a player to smash an opponent when the crowd dropped as it sometimes lifted the crowd and it could almost be as good as a goal. We seem to be doing the reverse of that and not doing anything to lift the crowd because they are a bunch of unrealistic, moaning c***s. 

There needs to be a supportive atmosphere, a collective boo if the first half has been poor and then toxic after a defeat. 

What we need is a Christmas open night, or a fans and players event of some sort, maybe there wouldn't be as big a gap. or at least up until the event it might scare the players in to trying.  

Could try that but the issue is once Hamilton’s first goal goes in it’ll turn toxic anyway. 

Duffy and the rest of Hopkins cronies need flushed out ASAP.

An open night would turn into a full on rammy I think. Was there no a bit of bother at the player of the year do a few years back? Might have been during the Roberts experiment

3 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Could try that but the issue is once Hamilton’s first goal goes in it’ll turn toxic anyway. 

Duffy and the rest of Hopkins cronies need flushed out ASAP.

An open night would turn into a full on rammy I think. Was there no a bit of bother at the player of the year do a few years back? Might have been during the Roberts experiment

I think it happens twice. Think the other was Gary harkins .

I don't think an open night would be a particularly bad idea but right now isn't the time for it. Fans would just become frustrated at whatever Smith or Duffy would have to say. I'd far rather see us do one in the summer after we've (hopefully) appointed a new manager. Get something arranged with Smith and the new guy and let them tell us what their honest plans are for the next 2-3 seasons. Of course that would only really work if we stay up and are actually able to plan something without first having to try and get out of League 1 again. 

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don't think an open night would be a particularly bad idea but right now isn't the time for it. Fans would just become frustrated at whatever Smith or Duffy would have to say. I'd far rather see us do one in the summer after we've (hopefully) appointed a new manager. Get something arranged with Smith and the new guy and let them tell us what their honest plans are for the next 2-3 seasons. Of course that would only really work if we stay up and are actually able to plan something without first having to try and get out of League 1 again. 

Aye let’s no do a Falkirk.

We’d end up topping ‘it was a statement not a question’

Just now, ComradeDiego said:

Aye let’s no do a Falkirk.

We’d end up topping ‘it was a statement not a question’

My thoughts exactly. 

I'd hope we can stay up, replace our manager and hopefully have a bit of a fresh start. Smith hasn't been chairman for a year yet and already his relationship with the support is starting to sour due to the whole Hopkin/Duffy debacle. We could really do with him sitting down and answering questions that aren't posed by that balloon from AU Media and try to get everyone on the same page. 

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I think you mean from Duffy , nothing chairman can do until January , do you think he is happy with what’s happening? 

Duffy isn’t in charge of the club’s comms or social media output.

I know we’ve been without a commercial manager for a while but making a modicum of effort to keep fans updated isn’t a full time job. Duffy could do much better with it but it’s not solely his responsibility.

If it wasn’t for you posting on here I don’t think anyone would have a clue what’s happened with Hewitt.

44 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Duffy isn’t in charge of the club’s comms or social media output.

I know we’ve been without a commercial manager for a while but making a modicum of effort to keep fans updated isn’t a full time job. Duffy could do much better with it but it’s not solely his responsibility.

If it wasn’t for you posting on here I don’t think anyone would have a clue what’s happened with Hewitt.

I've never been quite sure who was in charge of our media output but if the club needed someone to handle Twitter and Facebook whilst the hired a new guy then they could've asked the fans and I'm sure a fair few people would've volunteered to do it to try and help out (myself included). 

6 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

There is nothing coming out of the club at all. There is nothing in the public domain that the chairman is not happy with the current situation or what he is willing or able to do about it. 

There is only 2 minute interviews with Duffy. 

I don't expect or want a public Q&A like Falkirks horror show, but anything that would help fans know that the club hasn't been abandoned in to the freefall we appear to be in. 

It is going to get to the point where the pressure bursts and Smith makes an "emotional" statement like last time. He needs a controlled statement were he sets out how he hopes the next 6 months go. 

Even a tidbit that the club will be making signings in January would tide fans over for now. I think that is what the club is going for the now, getting through to January with as much damage limitation as possible (although can't be much worse atm) and praying that duffy is able to turn it around to some  extent. Would certainly explain Duffy's tactics as of late.

Just don't be handing out any 2 year deals in January to new signings.

6 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Afolabi, Houston, Albinson & Chalmers away in January would probably do.  

We don’t need 2 first team goalies so I’d definitely let albinson go. Houston we paid money for so not keeping him would mean that was money doubled up the wall. I know you never liked him but he is the best right back we have. I’d let chalmers and salkeld go if anyone would take them

Half the problem is we don't have any midfielders yet Duffy doesn't play Chalmers. He'd rather play Muirhead or McCallister there. 

Muirhead is there to win the ball but he's not particularly effective at disrupting the play, Murdoch is an attacking midfielder who has to be all over the park and Chalmers is supposed to be a playmaker in the centre of the park. The style of kick and rush that Duffy is trying to play hasn't worked and we just lose possession quicker. 

If Chalmers leaves in January, it should be on the last day dependant on us getting replacements in, more options in midfield might benefit his style of play. 

Falkirk and the teams round about us, along with St Mirren, Ross County, Dundee and Livingston will all be looking for players and it'll end up a rotation of about 20 players round clubs and we will be close to the back of the queue for quality. 

Albinson has been ok, a capable number 2 but if he wants to leave rather than sit on the bench and we can move him on, fair enough. I doubt we'll be able to shift any centre halfs unless Falkirk are desperate for a defender in the mould of Sean McGinty. Salkeld, McCallister and Afolabi could all go and not be missed. Bradley has been good but Duffy doesn't play him often enough so there is no point in keeping him. Maxwell has been average the last 2-3 weeks. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Half the problem is we don't have any midfielders yet Duffy doesn't play Chalmers. He'd rather play Muirhead or McCallister there. 

Muirhead is there to win the ball but he's not particularly effective at disrupting the play, Murdoch is an attacking midfielder who has to be all over the park and Chalmers is supposed to be a playmaker in the centre of the park. The style of kick and rush that Duffy is trying to play hasn't worked and we just lose possession quicker. 

If Chalmers leaves in January, it should be on the last day dependant on us getting replacements in, more options in midfield might benefit his style of play. 

Falkirk and the teams round about us, along with St Mirren, Ross County, Dundee and Livingston will all be looking for players and it'll end up a rotation of about 20 players round clubs and we will be close to the back of the queue for quality. 

Albinson has been ok, a capable number 2 but if he wants to leave rather than sit on the bench and we can move him on, fair enough. I doubt we'll be able to shift any centre halfs unless Falkirk are desperate for a defender in the mould of Sean McGinty. Salkeld, McCallister and Afolabi could all go and not be missed. Bradley has been good but Duffy doesn't play him often enough so there is no point in keeping him. Maxwell has been average the last 2-3 weeks. 

Falkirks new manager will be looking to strengthen his team , Sheerin has been punted