The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Nothing quite epitomises us under Duffy than looking at 1st half v 2nd half performances. 1st half he sets us up passively by then we are 1 or 2 goals down and then he changes it and we try and fight back for a draw. Look at goals scored and conceded - the same pattern.

Screenshot_20211205-122811_Chrome~2.jpg

Screenshot_20211205-123136_Chrome.jpg

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Watching the highlights, McGinty at fault for both goals - that is entirely on Duffy. 

I'm no actually having that for the second goal, that's all on Albinson.  

We are half way through our run of playing the bottom half of the table and have a point. 

If we don't beat Hamilton then we will be favourites to go down, lose to QOTS and we'll end up needing snookers by the end of January. 

The noises coming out of the club suggest to me that they think the support are a bunch of ungrateful, unrealistic fantasists. 

Were we the only part time team playing in the Championship with a team full of plumbers then where we are would be realistic, but we aren't. We are a full time team with the biggest budget we have had for some time and are dreadfully underperforming. 

If performances and effort were evident then the fans would be behind the team and the manager but in recent weeks we have seen some of the worst performances I have seen. Team selections have been brutal and we are getting worse by the game. 

Smith said in the interview that if he announced John Hughes, he would be carried shoulder high by the Ayr support. He needs an appointment that will lift the club. Again, its up to him how much Duffy allows it to fall. Trying to raise it again will end up costing him more money. 

The attitude of the club has been dreadful, the arrogance towards the support will damage everything that Smith is trying to invest in. 

As much as I hope Smith will bring forward the summer plans by six months , I have a feeling he won’t and we’ll give Duffy the window and probably the rest of the season . If the rumours are true and it’s four in and four out in the window then the question would be who ? It certainly looks like a left sided centre half will be a priority . The rest are open to question . Obviously centre midfield needs attention, so one there, maybe two . Adeloye will have suitors , 8 goals in half a season isn’t bad . I wonder if un cup tied Tomi will be horse traded for the greater good ? Talking of horses , Afolabi can go , he’s poor and costing McKenzie development minutes . So our January team might be a fill in the gaps below unit

McAdams

Houston Aero (New player) Reading 

Bradley Murdoch (New Player) O’Conner 

(New Player) (New Player or Adeloye) 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The noises coming out of the club suggest to me that they think the support are a bunch of ungrateful, unrealistic fantasists. 

That's the point I was making with only Duffy communicating with fans. It's not a stretch to infer that. Unless we get some sort of statement from the club.

I would expect the manager to be talking about January and his plans for the window. We've heard diddly squat in that regard and it's all rumours like 4 in or 4 out.

We have 1 win in 10 league games and the manager is attempting to deflect. It won't be long before the anger is directed at the boardroom.

16 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I would expect the manager to be talking about January and his plans for the window. We've heard diddly squat in that regard and it's all rumours like 4 in or 4 out.

Why would the club talk about signing targets? Right now a gun needs to be held to someone's head to tweet the lineup before a fucking match starts.

4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Need a toxic atmosphere on Friday, apply some fucking pressure.

We need the opposite, we need fans to try and give the team a lift. 

Fans will only do that if they sense that there is a togetherness and a common will to succeed and that just isn't there just now.  

I think it was John Lambie that used to tell a player to smash an opponent when the crowd dropped as it sometimes lifted the crowd and it could almost be as good as a goal. We seem to be doing the reverse of that and not doing anything to lift the crowd because they are a bunch of unrealistic, moaning c***s. 

There needs to be a supportive atmosphere, a collective boo if the first half has been poor and then toxic after a defeat. 

What we need is a Christmas open night, or a fans and players event of some sort, maybe there wouldn't be as big a gap. or at least up until the event it might scare the players in to trying.  

11 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think you mean from Duffy , nothing chairman can do until January , do you think he is happy with what’s happening? 

There is nothing coming out of the club at all. There is nothing in the public domain that the chairman is not happy with the current situation or what he is willing or able to do about it. 

There is only 2 minute interviews with Duffy. 

I don't expect or want a public Q&A like Falkirks horror show, but anything that would help fans know that the club hasn't been abandoned in to the freefall we appear to be in. 

It is going to get to the point where the pressure bursts and Smith makes an "emotional" statement like last time. He needs a controlled statement were he sets out how he hopes the next 6 months go. 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I think you mean from Duffy , nothing chairman can do until January , do you think he is happy with what’s happening? 

In the absence of him saying anything to the contrary it certainly seems that way.

The board need to either back Duffy in January or sack him now and justify their decision either way. In the absence of any communication Friday will be awful.

The chants of Duffy GTF will ring out within 5 mins from kick off on Friday when we start so passively its untrue. Then we're on for a repeat of the home game to Raith. Maybe he'll chuck his toys out like Hopkin and walk but I can't see it.

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

No

The excuse that the twitter admin is to busy to make updates is ropey to say the least. That suggests that he is the only person with a working knowledge of twitter in the support, the only one with the password or the only one willing to do it. 

If you want to continue with volunteers backing up full time staff, then ask for volunteers to apply to get involved in everything you want them to do. 

It just looks like the club have abandoned a lot of things with no communication or even asking for support.