The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

My last hope for getting anything good from him was being in CM, it didn't happen he's hopeless anywhere, can't believe we all fell for Hopkins rubbish that we were potentially getting the next up and coming talent from the lower divisions... albeit would be interesting to see him under a different coach setup

It was the hiding he was doing that annoyed me the most, paying little attention to the game when we were in possession in the hope nobody passed to him. 

Once all the teams upgrade their manager and players and Ayr become detached at the bottom Of the league…..that will be when we act
..... And panic sign some glue factory bound carthorses on exorbitant wages who will get injured after two games.

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

My last hope for getting anything good from him was being in CM, it didn't happen he's hopeless anywhere, can't believe we all fell for Hopkins rubbish that we were potentially getting the next up and coming talent from the lower divisions... albeit would be interesting to see him under a different coach setup

Yeah, it has become very evident in recent weeks just how poor he is on the ball. He was never going to be particularly effective in central midfield, as he can’t even do the absolute basics required. From what I have seen of both, Hewitt is far better. 

He is very young, and it is possible a coaching/confidence issue that is part of it - right now though, I can’t see anything that he is good at. Other than throwing himself into aerial challenges.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Yeah, it has become very evident in recent weeks just how poor he is on the ball. He was never going to be particularly effective in central midfield, as he can’t even do the absolute basics required. From what I have seen of both, Hewitt is far better. 

He is very young, and it is possible a coaching/confidence issue that is part of it - right now though, I can’t see anything that he is good at. Other than throwing himself into aerial challenges.

Aye he seems to be fairly good at throwing himself into tackles as well but never really winning the ball. Hewitt probably won't be back any time soon and Muirhead really isn't a midfielder. He's been okay whenever played there but he doesn't offer much besides being another body. I think with the players we have just now we have no other choice but to try and ride it out with Muirhead and Murdoch in midfield with a front four of O'Connor, Moffat, Bradley and Adeloye in front of them. Keep Afolabi, McGinty and Salkeld far far away from the first team and they would be my first picks to offload in January. That's probably 3 positions we could really do with upgrading anyway. That and another midfielder. We could probably do with a right back as well but I think we'll only be able to stretch to 4 players coming in. From what I've heard it's likely to be 4 in and 4 out. 

30 minutes ago, rb123! said:

We heard similar about Michael Rose but in his first season I remember watching him play CM as we lost 4-1 to Morton and he was out his depth at this level. He benefited from our relegation by being given a regular position and playing alongside some experience and 5 years later is playing for a Coventry team 6th in the Championship. McAllister is on a 2 year deal so maybe worth a loan to League 1 until the summer if we can bring in someone to replace him.

Afolabi will be easier to punt as he's on loan but the others ain't leaving without a payoff and no club in their right mind is going to pick them up in this league and pay them the money they are on now, which is generous by all accounts.

53 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It was the hiding he was doing that annoyed me the most, paying little attention to the game when we were in possession in the hope nobody passed to him. 

Aye he was stood watching all the time. Just looked like he was shit scared of the ball and his teammates.

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Afolabi will be easier to punt as he's on loan but the others ain't leaving without a payoff and no club in their right mind is going to pick them up in this league and pay them the money they are on now, which is generous by all accounts.

Hopkin will be managing somewhere else hopefully and we can fire McGinty over to whatever idiots have employed him. 

The fact Morton have sacked their manager on the basis they never defeated this Ayr United side is sign of the times

We're bloody honking, what the hell does Afolabi do? What position is Maxwell's best? O'Connor would be great in a good team, but hes up against it with this mob. McGinty isnt a footballer, all he can do is header the ball.

McAllister in midfield? Desperation, he shows the heart but doesnt have the talent.

Clutching at straws relying on Moffat saving us, I think his time with us is coming to an end. He would've finished that chance at the end years ago.

I realise I'm being scathing, but this team is going down with out changes

Chalmers couldnt wait to get back to changing room, highest earner possibly not giving a flying f**k cos he knows hes off elsewhere in the summer

Edited by diege

7 minutes ago, diege said:

Chalmers couldnt wait to get back to changing room, highest earner possibly not giving a flying f**k cos he knows hes off elsewhere in the summer

Probably fed up that we're playing a right back over him in midfield. The guy isn't perfect but he had shown theres a player in there a few times this season. I'd have played him today in the absence of Muirhead. 

8 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Probably fed up that we're playing a right back over him in midfield. The guy isn't perfect but he had shown theres a player in there a few times this season. I'd have played him today in the absence of Muirhead. 

He hasnt shown a single thing to merit playing for Ayr United FC, behave yourself

2 minutes ago, diege said:

He hasnt shown a single thing to merit playing for Ayr United FC, behave yourself

I think there's definitely been performances under Duffy where he has justified his selection over Nick McAllister. Would I keep him beyond this season? No, but I'd play him if we are missing Muirhead or Murdoch. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think there's definitely been performances under Duffy where he has justified his selection over Nick McAllister. Would I keep him beyond this season? No, but I'd play him if we are missing Muirhead or Murdoch. 

He's stealing a wage, thats why hes still with us. He's obviously not starting because hes not showing something. Even talking about Muirhead and McAllister as midfielders shows we're fucked. This squad is jobby.

Who do we trust with the keys in January? Thats the big question

I just watched Duffy's interview - well the first 2 minutes. Geez - he felt we didn't play badly in the first half. Ayr have no divine right to beat Morton, he doesn't understand that. Also we the fans shouldn't criticise the players, they are trying their hardest. It beggars belief.

It's time Duffy got his P45. I'm done with Duffman.

Edited by Trogdor

He's stealing a wage, thats why hes still with us. He's obviously not starting because hes not showing something. Even talking about Muirhead and McAllister as midfielders shows we're fucked. This squad is jobby.

Who do we trust with the keys in January? Thats the big question

I think he's not starting because Hopkin and Duffy were the type to play guys that are up for a scrap and Chalmers isn't that. If the option to get rid of him in January is there and replace him then go for it but my point is I'd rather see him playing over McAllister. 

As for your question it's likely going to be Duffy that will be in charge of who we bring in and if you had to guess right now I wouldn't be too hopeful of what that will bring. 

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he's not starting because Hopkin and Duffy were the type to play guys that are up for a scrap and Chalmers isn't that. If the option to get rid of him in January is there and replace him then go for it but my point is I'd rather see him playing over McAllister. 

As for your question it's likely going to be Duffy that will be in charge of who we bring in and if you had to guess right now I wouldn't be too hopeful of what that will bring. 

I just listened to his interview where he says Ayr United have no right to expect to beat a Greenock Morton side, sorry but a few years back we could beat anyone. Ambition man

I just listened to his interview where he says Ayr United have no right to expect to beat a Greenock Morton side, sorry but a few years back we could beat anyone. Ambition man

Aye, my sentiments exactly. I'm done with him after that. The sooner he's gone the better he has no ambition. That's why he sets us up so fucking negatively. 

Aye he was awful. Everything just bounced off him. Couldn't control the ball, couldn't hold it up, wasn't able to bring anyone else into the game and couldn't win anything in the air. Just abysmal.

Didn’t think that it was possible for a player to be worse than Robbie fucking Muirhead but this boy is.

16 minutes ago, diege said:

McCall said that about us after we played Thistle, about a week later he got the job. Obviously conclude Duffy is vying for the Morton job.

14 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Aye, my sentiments exactly. I'm done with him after that. The sooner he's gone the better he has no ambition. That's why he sets us up so fucking negatively. 

He's a league 1 manager where the aim is to survive and that's about it.