The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Jim Duffy: “The most frustrating thing is we got ourselves into a position to win the game then one ball into the box and we don’t do our jobs. Defensively we let ourselves our down today and need to do the basics better. It was an opportunity missed to get the three points.”

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Jim Duffy: “The most frustrating thing is we got ourselves into a position to win the game then one ball into the box and we don’t do our jobs. Defensively we let ourselves our down today and need to do the basics better. It was an opportunity missed to get the three points.”

It's a fair enough comment but for fucks sake Jim, every single fan knows that if you play Baird and McGinty together you WILL give away soft goals from crosses.  Why don't you??

Our "lifelines" are one by one disappearing. Grant gone, Gus gone and Hamilton inexplicably winning a game.
January is massive and we are sleep walking towards it. 
Yes we have to start doing it ourselves now and can't really be depending on other teams being as bad. Horror at the thought. We need every January signing to be a success, even if it's just one or two. Bonus if we manage to punt a few too.

Afolabi needs recalled now. That was an embarrassing performance leading the line. McAlister was dreadful in midfield and is just as bad at right back. That experiment is over.

Make no mistake we are relegation fodder. Today papered over the cracks.

We need at the very least - a ball winning cental midfielder, a centre back, a centre forward and a right winger.

It's fucking grim.

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Afolabi needs recalled now. That was an embarrassing performance leading the line. McAlister was dreadful in midfield and is just as bad at right back. That experiment is over.

Make no mistake we are relegation fodder. Today papered over the cracks.

We need at the very least - a ball winning cental midfielder, a centre back, a centre forward and a right winger.

It's fucking grim.

Aye he was awful. Everything just bounced off him. Couldn't control the ball, couldn't hold it up, wasn't able to bring anyone else into the game and couldn't win anything in the air. Just abysmal.

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Quiet on here tonight lads, thought or scintillating football would have us talking for hours 

It’s all about the window now , that and damage limitations in the games leading up to it . In an ideal world we’d be brining in two or three that would be seen as long term signings . Picked by our long term in coming manager . However that’s a lot of moving parts .... we’ll just have to hold our breath and see what happens . Maybe Reading or Adeloye will attract some interest and thus change the dynamic a bit ....

Duffy has been dealt a poor hand, but a number of his decisions today show how poor a manager he is.

Going forward until January: 

McGinty, McAllister and Afolabi should not be starting games, and I would prefer they get no minutes whatsoever. 

Moffat and Adeloye to be allowed to develop a partnership. The only alternative to this would be a 4-2-3-1 at times, with Bradley, O’Connor and Maxwell in behind a lone striker. 

If Muirhead and Hewitt are unavailable, then the only option in central midfield is Chalmers. 

14 minutes ago, North British said:

It’s all about the window now , that and damage limitations in the games leading up to it . In an ideal world we’d be brining in two or three that would be seen as long term signings . Picked by our long term in coming manager . However that’s a lot of moving parts .... we’ll just have to hold our breath and see what happens . Maybe Reading or Adeloye will attract some interest and thus change the dynamic a bit ....

IMHO a new manager is required to oversee January as i see it as a rebuild required instead of just a few additions and hopefully they'll turn out to be an improvement.

If that doesn't happen i think we'll only be heading in one direction...

I can tell exactly what's gonna happen, we'll stick with Duffy for January and we'll add more shite to the squad and then he'll get the sack by February and leave a new manager with March and April to try and salvage us. 

I hope i'm proved wrong....

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

Duffy has been dealt a poor hand, but a number of his decisions today show how poor a manager he is.

Going forward until January: 

McGinty, McAllister and Afolabi should not be starting games, and I would prefer they get no minutes whatsoever. 

Moffat and Adeloye to be allowed to develop a partnership. The only alternative to this would be a 4-2-3-1 at times, with Bradley, O’Connor and Maxwell in behind a lone striker. 

If Muirhead and Hewitt are unavailable, then the only option in central midfield is Chalmers. 

My last hope for getting anything good from him was being in CM, it didn't happen he's hopeless anywhere, can't believe we all fell for Hopkins rubbish that we were potentially getting the next up and coming talent from the lower divisions... albeit would be interesting to see him under a different coach setup