The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Did he lob it or chuck it? What was the correct procedure anyway? Leave it lying on the pitch or chuck it in the back of the net.? Both obvious health and safety issues. Can be lethal that 3 ply stuff. 

Classic blazer episode this. They just love this kind of stuff where they can get off on some kind of power trip. If I was of a conspiratorial frame of mind (heaven forfend) I would wonder why this happened just days before what is probably our most important fixture to date. I demand a judicial inquiry.

2 hours ago, HMIP said:

I can be pretty blinkered when it comes to my club, but I don’t see how there’s any defence for McAdams.  Even if the object itself is fairly innocuous, the SFA will still view it as inflammatory behaviour and hand out a ban.  Does a professional football player really need to be told that?

Clearly that is true but in the heat of the moment I am not at all surprised he threw it back, I assume he had been on the receiving end of abuse for the whole half and he must have been super frustrated at the manner of the penalty being conceded.

Was a two game ban really required? Would one not have been sufficient? Is there some guideline on "inflammatory behaviour" that makes it a two game ban minimum?

Incidentally, when the flares landed on the pitch I saw Muirhead pick them up and I feared the worst (i.e. I thought he would be 99% certain to throw them straight into the crowd sparking mayhem) but to his credit he calmly moved them to the side of the pitch.

19 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Clearly that is true but in the heat of the moment I am not at all surprised he threw it back, I assume he had been on the receiving end of abuse for the whole half and he must have been super frustrated at the manner of the penalty being conceded.

Was a two game ban really required? Would one not have been sufficient? Is there some guideline on "inflammatory behaviour" that makes it a two game ban minimum?

Incidentally, when the flares landed on the pitch I saw Muirhead pick them up and I feared the worst (i.e. I thought he would be 99% certain to throw them straight into the crowd sparking mayhem) but to his credit he calmly moved them to the side of the pitch.

I remember Michael Rose launching one right out the ground at Alloa.  Funny at the time, but if he’d brained a passer by outside in the street, I shudder to think what the compliance officer would have said.  Or the police.  Looks like Leigh Griffiths is going to get a criminal conviction for booting a flare into the crowd, so maybe the SFA are keen to show they can self police this sort of behaviour and McAdams was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But in the end, I’m not the least bit impressed with the “heat of the moment” argument.  I’ve been going to games for 40 years, and can’t honestly remember a player throwing something into the crowd - if the referee had spotted it, it would likely have been a red card, so maybe that’s where the 2 match ban comes from.  Almost inevitable that Albinson will drop a clanger tomorrow.

17 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I remember Michael Rose launching one right out the ground at Alloa.  Funny at the time, but if he’d brained a passer by outside in the street, I shudder to think what the compliance officer would have said.  Or the police.  Looks like Leigh Griffiths is going to get a criminal conviction for booting a flare into the crowd, so maybe the SFA are keen to show they can self police this sort of behaviour and McAdams was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But in the end, I’m not the least bit impressed with the “heat of the moment” argument.  I’ve been going to games for 40 years, and can’t honestly remember a player throwing something into the crowd - if the referee had spotted it, it would likely have been a red card, so maybe that’s where the 2 match ban comes from.  Almost inevitable that Albinson will drop a clanger tomorrow.

Would it have been a red card though?

I would expect a booking during a game, but would be surprised to see a red card for someone chucking something soft back into the crowd. 

32 minutes ago, HMIP said:

How many Ayr games have you been at with the same atmosphere and where the opposition fans have thrown objects onto the pitch? I can't remember many but I am (slightly!) younger than you. Old Firm players will get coached on how to deal with this but not ours!

Anyway, if he'd known he'd get a two game ban he should have used it first then thrown it back!

10 minutes ago, rgreig said:

How many Ayr games have you been at with the same atmosphere and where the opposition fans have thrown objects onto the pitch? I can't remember many but I am (slightly!) younger than you. Old Firm players will get coached on how to deal with this but not ours!

Anyway, if he'd known he'd get a two game ban he should have used it first then thrown it back!

I thought it was one of the lowest key Ayrshire Derbies I’ve ever been at.  The Ayr fans showed up expecting nothing and that’s precisely what we got.  The idea that old firm players practice having stuff thrown at them so they don’t react is quite amusing all the same.

13 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

After hearing Killie fans booing Broadfoot which ex Ayr player would you not boo. I do personally remember giving Moffat abuse whilst playing for Dunfermline but that was more down to being hurt than anything else.

I wouldn't boo any ex player .it just fires them up and 9 times out of 10 they score.

Gary harkins thrived off it .

1 hour ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Totally different with Griffiths and a flare, but a loo roll? Geez a brekk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That’s exactly why he’s been banned, like Moffat being banned for gambling, Ian Black got off lightly and Moffat got hammered. It comes down to the public clamour for action, they can’t punish high profile or old firm players because of the backlash so a player from a smaller team will get the brunt to prove they aren’t a soft touch. 
I think Moffat got a longer ban but didn’t bet against his own team where Ian Black did 

10 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

wouldn't boo any ex player .it just fires them up and 9 times out of 10 they score.

Gary harkins thrived off it .

Gary Harkins scoring 😂😂😂 Thrived maybe, played better? Nope 😂

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

That’s exactly why he’s been banned, like Moffat being banned for gambling, Ian Black got off lightly and Moffat got hammered. It comes down to the public clamour for action, they can’t punish high profile or old firm players because of the backlash so a player from a smaller team will get the brunt to prove they aren’t a soft touch. 
I think Moffat got a longer ban but didn’t bet against his own team where Ian Black did 

See, I don't see anything against a player betting on football games as long as it's not on games they are playing in. Rules are Rules I guess. I suspect Moffat popped regularly and routinely into the bookies before someone saw him and he got caught out and banned. Ian Black is an arrogant c**t and deserved more than what he got, Moff was probably just doing what he normally done.