The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Who actually owns it? The Club? The Chairman’s core business? The Chairman personally?

I think the chairman said he owns it but the profits will go to the club. 

At face value that is good, he has created something that is burden free and will create revenue for the club. 

There will always be a concern that someone in construction, particularly in house building, owns the land. There wasn't with Barr, he built the hospitality and did some improvements to the ground. Smith has built the hub, put the new wall round the pitch and renovated the interior of the main stand. I don't think that Smith is likely to make us homeless and bulldoze Somerset any time soon. 

Kilmarnock had the Hotel. That was split from the club by agent Johnston a few years ago and Billy Bowie (I think) bought it back. There are always worries when the owner splits assets between him and the club but it happens all the time, the only difference here is, we know it is separate. 

He has said that we have a bigger budget than last year and it is a top 4 budget. His recruitment is at fault for that rather than his financial backing. The silence from the club also started after he took over. There may be pride involved, maybe a little bit of embarrassment or frustration that he is spending a fortune and his twitter lights up every Saturday tea time. Building the walls higher between the club and the support is not going to make it better. 

The pressure will be on him to spend money in January. 

If he spends money bringing players in and we still stink, the pressure will still be on him to sack Duffy

If he doesn't spend money, the pressure will be on him

If he spends money and results improve, the pressure will be on him to get a good replacement for Duffy. 

This is where having good PR and being able to lead fans in the direction you need to take makes these processes easier.

Cameron explaining why Roberts got a 3rd year bought him time, he could basically kick his heels until Roberts passed the point of no return and it saved him paying him off. Explaining that every penny is a prisoner and unless Roberts failed he couldn't sack him let fans know the situation. 

47 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kilmarnock had the Hotel. That was split from the club by agent Johnston a few years ago and Billy Bowie (I think) bought it back. There are always worries when the owner splits assets between him and the club but it happens all the time, the only difference here is, we know it is separate. 

Hamilton are absolutely a case and point on this just now. Yes we are stinking the league out along with QotS, Morton and Hamilton. Two of those teams are in a pretty similar situation and I reckon we'll be battling them to avoid 9th rather than the automatic drop. On another thread the issues at Hamilton sound horrendous and put our into pretty decent perspective, much like your post which feel fair and reflective. IIRC their owner was chased by Raith Rovers in the not so distant past for doing something similar and threatening to turn the stadium into flats. They have a real feel of trying to do things cheaply and asset stripping going on from the outside looking in. 

The new commercial manager also provides Smith with an opportunity to buy time and rebuild the communication channels. 

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

I miss these guys... we're being served utter dross compared to this lot. 

images.jpeg

0_JS143266290.jpg

0_19249897.jpg

Yup.  This is the first time at least 15 years that there isn't a single player I'd particularly want to go and see.   The whole squad is just so bland and shite to watch.   

Exception given of course to Moffat for old times sake but he hardly gets a game anyway so doesn't really count 

Edited by Hursty

Talk about a retrospective punishment, it happend over a month ago ffs 🙄. As usual another story making us out to be the bad guy. If fans can dish it out they should be able to take it back. More negative headlines for us, yet sweet fck all was mentioned in the press about McCalls son being a dobber and assaulting stewards a few weeks back. 

The players on the park shouldn’t lower themselves to the fans level. It’s only really a defence saying “if the fans can dish it out they can take it back” if you know he chucked the toilet paper back at the same person who threw it at him.

Just to ensure we are keeping up to date with the Ayr United hall of shame 2021/2022:

Fans directing racist chants at your own players (as outed and condemned by your own fans on here).

Fans directing racist shouts at other teams players (as outed and condemned by your own fans on here).

Smashing up opposing team supporter buses.

Goalkeeper throwing potentially deadly objects at away fans.

I’m sure I’ve missed one I’ll edit and come back this post if it comes back to mind.

8 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The players on the park shouldn’t lower themselves to the fans level. It’s only really a defence saying “if the fans can dish it out they can take it back” if you know he chucked the toilet paper back at the same person who threw it at him.

Just to ensure we are keeping up to date with the Ayr United hall of shame 2021/2022:

Fans directing racist chants at your own players (as outed and condemned by your own fans on here).

Fans directing racist shouts at other teams players (as outed and condemned by your own fans on here).

I’m sure I’ve missed one I’ll edit and come back this post if it comes back to mind.

Aye that well known deadly andrex toilet roll

I can be pretty blinkered when it comes to my club, but I don’t see how there’s any defence for McAdams.  Even if the object itself is fairly innocuous, the SFA will still view it as inflammatory behaviour and hand out a ban.  Does a professional football player really need to be told that?

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

The radio silence is actually getting quite funny. Absolutely nothing from the club that McAdams had been cited for anything. 

He was only cited On Wednesday , poor communication from SPFL , management only found out then also as he has been training all week expecting to be playing 

17 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He was only cited On Wednesday , poor communication from SPFL , management only found out then also as he has been training all week expecting to be playing 

Wait, these guys actually train? 

2 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Was it not the actual team bus?