The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

45 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Tell me something good happening on or off the park that isn't the Hub? 

Love the way you brush aside the addition of a £200k bit of real estate, paid for totally by the Chairman . Real estate that will provide a facility that most fans have been wanting for years . Oh and the small matter of creating revenue for the football club . 

If you wanted to ,you could mention the re purchase of the car park or maybe even the purchase of the land behind the North Terrace ? Not that your going to do that either ,or even wonder why the Chairman would want to buy both parcels of land .

I get that your not happy with the team , who is at the moment ? However the cycle off bleating and greeting is pissing everyone off . There is about six posters left on the Ayr United portion of this platform  , all the moaning minis with not much else to say other than howling at the moon . 

42 minutes ago, North British said:

Love the way you brush aside the addition of a £200k bit of real estate, paid for totally by the Chairman . Real estate that will provide a facility that most fans have been wanting for years . Oh and the small matter of creating revenue for the football club . 

If you wanted to ,you could mention the re purchase of the car park or maybe even the purchase of the land behind the North Terrace ? Not that your going to do that either ,or even wonder why the Chairman would want to buy both parcels of land .

I get that your not happy with the team , who is at the moment ? However the cycle off bleating and greeting is pissing everyone off . There is about six posters left on the Ayr United portion of this platform  , all the moaning minis with not much else to say other than howling at the moon . 

Howling at the moon! 

This is utter nonsense, fans are completely entitled to complain about the absolute shitshow that is Ayr United at the moment. At this stage people complain as they care, apathy has set in when they don’t - that is far far worse and I don’t think it is too far off for many of us. 

48 minutes ago, North British said:

How exactly is saying except the hub brushing it aside?  It's the clear one good thing about the club at the moment, im asking what else are the club doing that's good right now?  

The chairman is buying parcels of land to redevelop the stadium at some point, no plans have been seen so the jury is out on that one but it could be good.  

I appreciate the club have been open about having issues having normal service just now so they may not have access to the website away from desks but here's a very simple example - our next home game is the last home game before Christmas and the midway point in the home season along with being a massive game for our survival hopes, social media is still there and there's no drumming up of traffic to say about festive stock or half season tickets.  

I hope that Smith's recruitment for the non-football side is much better than he's shown so far and once he has his own staff throughout the club that things improve, I'd much rather not be interested in that side of the club at all like I normally was but it's been a mess since the change of ownership.  

I'm all for the upgrades and redevelopment around Somerset Park, its well overdue and its what the Chairman is proven in being good at, so yes this is a positive

What isnt, is the reason we all go, the product on the park. I dont want us yo-yoing between League 1 & Championship forever, its all I've known as an Ayr fan with the odd Hampden trips here and there. Theres no doubt Smith cares about the club, but I feel on the footballing side, we need a bit of long term planning and expertise.

As @itzdrk says, if hes buying pockets of land around the stadium and teasing us with big plans, lets hear them and move on, and not use it as papering over the cracks with an awful football team. Its like its being held for the armageddon moment. Stay calm, we're building more hings whilst we plunge into League 1

This game on Saturday is bloody huge btw

Edited by diege

14 minutes ago, diege said:

I'm all for the upgrades and redevelopment around Somerset Park, its well overdue and its what the Chairman is proven in being good at, so yes this is a positive

What isnt, is the reason we all go, the product on the park. I dont want us yo-yoing between League 1 & Championship forever, its all I've known as an Ayr fan with the odd Hampden trips here and there. Theres no doubt Smith cares about the club, but I feel on the footballing side, we need a bit of long term planning and expertise.

As @itzdrk says, if hes buying pockets of land around the stadium and teasing us with big plans, lets hear them and move on, and not use it as papering over the cracks with an awful football team. Its like its being held for the armageddon moment. Stay calm, we're building more hings whilst we plunge into League 1

This game on Saturday is bloody huge btw

If we drop down to league 1 we'll probably be there a while. That really will be a squad overhaul.

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see the Hub had a ‘Trial Night’ tonight. Are they hoping to have it open for the Hamilton game next Friday?

I hope its fit to play in the centre of the park. 🤞

Edited by Trogdor

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Howling at the moon! 

This is utter nonsense, fans are completely entitled to complain about the absolute shitshow that is Ayr United at the moment. At this stage people complain as they care, apathy has set in when they don’t - that is far far worse and I don’t think it is too far off for many of us. 

Apathy is the enemy and has already set in.

I'm absolutely scunnered and the radio silence regarding on field matters ain't helping my motivation. I've got my season ticket so I'll go but I'm getting dangerously close to the territory under Roberts where I was so fucked off I stopped buying a season ticket and only went as and when.

I'm still contributing to the AU500 fund but have serious doubts about continuing it. It really irks me that a penny of my money goes into McGinty's pocket (insert any of Hopkin's haddies here).

29 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I see the Hub had a ‘Trial Night’ tonight. Are they hoping to have it open for the Hamilton game next Friday?

Everything seemed to go extremely well tonight , must say very impressed with the decor , memorabilia,  service , the choice of drinks , an absolute outstanding place for Ayr fans to enjoy for many years to come and with all profits going to playing squad sets us up well for the future of our club 

8 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Everything seemed to go extremely well tonight , must say very impressed with the decor , memorabilia,  service , the choice of drinks , an absolute outstanding place for Ayr fans to enjoy for many years to come and with all profits going to playing squad sets us up well for the future of our club 

The key question, how is the hangover? 

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

Apathy is the enemy and has already set in.

I'm absolutely scunnered and the radio silence regarding on field matters ain't helping my motivation. I've got my season ticket so I'll go but I'm getting dangerously close to the territory under Roberts where I was so fucked off I stopped buying a season ticket and only went as and when.

I'm still contributing to the AU500 fund but have serious doubts about continuing it. It really irks me that a penny of my money goes into McGinty's pocket (insert any of Hopkin's haddies here).

Yeah, I’m at the exact same point - although the 500 fund is already gone. 

Edited by No_Problemo

37 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Just noticed that after 15 league games, only Adeloye has scored more than 1 league goal.  That's absolutely depressing. 

I miss these guys... we're being served utter dross compared to this lot. 

images.jpeg

0_JS143266290.jpg

0_19249897.jpg

12 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I'm looking forward to partaking at some point. Hopefully we'll be celebrating rather than drowning our sorrows though.