The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

41 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Apart from Rangers , Celtic and Hibs  who currently have players with us and are happy with the game time they are getting ( might mean they give us more in January )

Afolabi is pretty irrelevant, as he was just sent to us to run down his contract until he can be shipped off, never to be seen again in senior football. 

Despite the other two, I imagine we are right at the bottom of the championship sides teams would want to loan to. A team with a shite manager,  no confidence and no good players isn’t a very good mix for bringing out the best in a young player. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Afolabi is pretty irrelevant, as he was just sent to us to run down his contract until he can be shipped off, never to be seen again in senior football. 

Despite the other two, I imagine we are right at the bottom of the championship sides teams would want to loan to. A team with a shite manager,  no confidence and no good players isn’t a very good mix for bringing out the best in a young player. 

Doesn’t matter who the players are  currently , the main point is that the parent clubs are happy with the way their players are being treated at Ayr 

Afalobi and Maxwell will never get near first team football at the Old Firm, they may well be getting treated well by the club, but no way will top clubs be keen to put kids into the shambles that our current side are, all 3 loans were put to us when it was assumed that we were a well run professional club/team ........foolishly as it turned out!!!

20 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Doesn’t matter who the players are  currently , the main point is that the parent clubs are happy with the way their players are being treated at Ayr 

Of course it matters if all we get is their dross who aren’t going to get anywhere near a decent level. 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Apart from Rangers , Celtic and Hibs  who currently have players with us and are happy with the game time they are getting ( might mean they give us more in January )

Afolabi- A player with no future at Celtic. They’d literally loan him out to anyone to get him partially off the wage bill.

Bradley- His first loan and had played very little first team football. I doubt there were a host of championship club lining up for his signature.

Maxwell- A player who has came through at Ayr Youth and has an Ayr United supporting dad which would no doubt influence.

I’m not saying teams Absoulotely won’t loan us players however if they have other options they’ll go elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Of course it matters if all we get is their dross who aren’t going to get anywhere near a decent level. 

Recent years, we have had reasonably good loans in N'daba, Drinan, Cammy Smith etc. We've also had some shiters like Brett McGavin, Innes Cameron and Calvin Miller etc...

I don't believe the players we've got on loan this year so far have been as great as what we've had before, again though, there's only one person to blame 😒 Hopkin. Hopefully Duffy can bring a few players in or find a fitting loanee in a position we need.....which by recent performances is anywhere but the goalie.

1 hour ago, Mod1967 said:

Afalobi and Maxwell will never get near first team football at the Old Firm, they may well be getting treated well by the club, but no way will top clubs be keen to put kids into the shambles that our current side are, all 3 loans were put to us when it was assumed that we were a well run professional club/team ........foolishly as it turned out!!!

Practically every player loaned out by the top half dozen teams in the Premiership will never get near the first team , all the loan players came when Hopkin was in charge of a team who struggled to stay up the previous season and were not playing attractive football , clubs are looking how their players are treated and the amount of game time they get 

There are two types of loans really , rookie development, which has been discussed in the last few post but there is a second type , contract wind downs .  There are quite a few players in the Premiership who are in the last few months of their contracts , they need to be playing football now with a view to getting a deal somewhere for next season . Ayr could do very well in this market if they choose to be bold .  Names who may go out on loan include : Declan McDaid , Keegan Jacobs , Robbie Crawford , Lee Erwin to name but a few .

Not looking for anything exciting from Duffy, what's the point.  We know what his transfer dealings are like.  

I'd like a b*****d in midfield and two forwards - preferably one that plays wide.  

I think there's too much wrong with the defence that chucking any more bodies in would be like gently blowing on a building that is ablaze unless you are gutting the full thing. 

14 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Not looking for anything exciting from Duffy, what's the point.  We know what his transfer dealings are like.  

I'd like a b*****d in midfield and two forwards - preferably one that plays wide.  

I think there's too much wrong with the defence that chucking any more bodies in would be like gently blowing on a building that is ablaze unless you are gutting the full thing. 

Unless at some point in the first few days of January there is a signing that genuinely excites people, it’ll be a tough window for the club.

I get the impression that after Hopkin left, Smith was left with a choice, pay off 3 coaches or hope Duffy proved he was up to it. 
You couldn’t fault Duffy in his first 3 games. It was maybe a relief to Smith that Duffy made a positive impact in the early days. 
As soon as the ink was dry on his promotion to manager it all went tits.

Duffys remit will now be to keep us up but I’m not Sure Smith will want to bail him out other than to take the pressure off him. 
I am concede that we will repeat McCalls first season in the Championship and bank on other teams out-shiteing us. 

We need an overhaul and Duffy doesn’t look like the man long term, so what would the point be in him signing anything other than a few loans. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

Unless at some point in the first few days of January there is a signing that genuinely excites people, it’ll be a tough window for the club.

I get the impression that after Hopkin left, Smith was left with a choice, pay off 3 coaches or hope Duffy proved he was up to it. 
You couldn’t fault Duffy in his first 3 games. It was maybe a relief to Smith that Duffy made a positive impact in the early days. 
As soon as the ink was dry on his promotion to manager it all went tits.

Duffys remit will now be to keep us up but I’m not Sure Smith will want to bail him out other than to take the pressure off him. 
I am concede that we will repeat McCalls first season in the Championship and bank on other teams out-shiteing us. 

We need an overhaul and Duffy doesn’t look like the man long term, so what would the point be in him signing anything other than a few loans

We are still a club that players can use as a springboard if they individually perform well.  Plenty players would sign until June IMO

The problem is, Duffy isn't one for hunting for them, he's more WE CAN REBUILD HIM. 

17 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We are still a club that players can use as a springboard if they individually perform well.  Plenty players would sign until June IMO

The problem is, Duffy isn't one for hunting for them, he's more WE CAN REBUILD HIM. 

I’m sure there is, looking for guys with 6 months left on a deal, trying to prove themselves tends to work.

But I think Duffy will only have loans available to him. I don’t think he’ll have any fingerprints on the team beyond game 36. 

I am hoping that Smith will have someone in place before the end of the season and they will have identified who (if any) they want to keep and offers will be made so that we are not in a situation of scrambling together a squad in early August again. 

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m sure there is, looking for guys with 6 months left on a deal, trying to prove themselves tends to work.

But I think Duffy will only have loans available to him. I don’t think he’ll have any fingerprints on the team beyond game 36. 

I am hoping that Smith will have someone in place before the end of the season and they will have identified who (if any) they want to keep and offers will be made so that we are not in a situation of scrambling together a squad in early August again. 

We can only get one more domestic loan in AFAIK so that won't work. 

43 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

We can only get one more domestic loan in AFAIK so that won't work. 

Afolabi could go back, if Duffy had played Moffat earlier he could have been back at Celtic in September.

He obviously doesn’t rate Bradley much because he’s getting used sparingly. I quite like him but if he’s not getting a game then send him back.

Maxwell is hit and miss but out the 3, I’d keep a hold of him. 

22 hours ago, Allyk said:

We must be the most negative supporters, ever thing hot to be negative negative negative if we signed Messi and Ronaldo some would still moan and groan about it. 

Tell me something good happening on or off the park that isn't the Hub?