The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, callum-ayr said:

If they had the demand for it if consider giving St Mirren the full north terrace as well as the railway end. At least try make some money out of it. 

No chance, I'll be standing on the north terrace as I always am.

10 hours ago, North British said:

St Mirren will bring a decent crowd down , hopefully we can match them . Could make about £50k out it , that would get us three players in the window till May . Get the tickets printed and out now , Christmas presents etc ...

That would be the worst Christmas present ever. 

18 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

That would be the worst Christmas present ever. 

That nice day you planned out with your pals cause the football seemed pointless?  Cancelled, merry Christmas enjoy watching your team get pumped.  

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

3 years to the day we thumped Dundee utd at Tannadice. 

The best performance I've ever saw from an ayr team .we peaked that night .we have never been the same since .

Shankland got 4 but the man of the match for me was Moffat.he was unbelievable that night .

Absolutely jumped the shark that night. The biggest regret my near 2 decades of following Ayr is staying in the house and watching that on TV. Will probably never have the opportunity to see a more complete performance again from an Ayr side. Often referred to Moffat as our version of Iniesta in that team, at the centre of everything whilst the strikers he feeds gets all the glory. (That is no disrespect intended to Shankland or Moore as they had bags of ability in themselves).  

1 hour ago, AuAl said:

What a night that was. What a team we had. Sad to compare that to this squad and season. 

Was watching an old highlights video of the team we had under McCall when we were part time in the championship and i honestly think i'd rather have most of those players in the squad just now than what we've got.

Peter Murphy and Andy Graham is better than Jack Baird and fucking Sean McGinty

2 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

3 years to the day we thumped Dundee utd at Tannadice. 

The best performance I've ever saw from an ayr team .we peaked that night .we have never been the same since .

Shankland got 4 but the man of the match for me was Moffat.he was unbelievable that night .

Live on cooncil telly as well. Couldn’t ask for much more.

I think we carried that performance into the first half of the next game against Ross County. Our arse collapse in the second half of that game is the biggest “what if” moment for me. The momentum would have been unreal if we’d seen that one out.

58 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

I think we carried that performance into the first half of the next game against Ross County. Our arse collapse in the second half of that game is the biggest “what if” moment for me. The momentum would have been unreal if we’d seen that one out.

Aye half time came at just the wrong time in that County game - we had them on the ropes. 

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Problem was we never got much momentum as our home game the following Friday against Inverness was postponed less than an hour before kick-off. By the time it was rearranged Shankland was still making his way back from injury so didn't start.

Overall the point we lost our way was when we didn't win any of our 5 league games between the 5-0 game and beating Dundee Utd 1-0 at home the week after the Talbot game.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Prediction: Signs on loan for Dunfermline!

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

A lot of our former players will play for McCall before they will play for us again

Aye, While I’d say there is a good chance he will be loaned out I highly doubt it will be to ourselves. No manager in their right mind will give us players on loan given our style of play. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aye, While I’d say there is a good chance he will be loaned out I highly doubt it will be to ourselves. No manager in their right mind will give us players on loan given our style of play. 

Apart from Rangers , Celtic and Hibs  who currently have players with us and are happy with the game time they are getting ( might mean they give us more in January )