The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, virginton said:

There's not many victories that Ayr fans can recall in general:

venn-diagram-1.thumb.jpg.df632078eff027aede45ca818aedd0b5.jpg

Scottish football's first and leat successful franchise outfit: you hate to see it happen. 

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

Given life expectancy in Inverclyde is around 75, there aren't likely to be too many Morton fans who can recall your victory in the 1922 Scottish Cup final. Still, keep posting those Ainsley Harriott pictures eh?

21 minutes ago, EvilScotsman said:

Given life expectancy in Inverclyde is around 75, there aren't likely to be too many Morton fans who can recall your victory in the 1922 Scottish Cup final. Still, keep posting those Ainsley Harriott pictures eh?

The thing about history is that it doesn't magically disappear with the people who created it. Otherwise, you're no better off than Sevco or Broomhill, who have nothing to their name and are derided for that. 

That Ayr United have neither success nor opportunities to commemorate success from their 111 years of singularly unsuccessful franchise football is really not my problem tbh.

4B61F62E-7626-4D2E-BE62-3A31CBEC845E.jpeg.fd790b659afe480e96a340c33160a944.jpeg

39 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Nothing screams desperation more than 2 has-been clubs fans going at eachother before the most hoof-ball game ever created on Saturday and will see their clubs be overtook by Kelty and Cove.

Spending your morning creating a graphic to post on here is measurably more desperate. 

5 hours ago, virginton said:

There's not many victories that Ayr fans can recall in general:

venn-diagram-1.thumb.jpg.df632078eff027aede45ca818aedd0b5.jpg

Scottish football's first and leat successful franchise outfit: you hate to see it happen. 

i like slagging Ayr as much as the next person but two observations. 

1) That graphic is nonsense, as St Johnstone won both domestic cups only last year. 

2) A Morton fans slagging anyone over trophies won is a tad rich given it's been a century since yours was won. 

11 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

I'm guessing it took about ten minutes... but that is one splendid ten minutes' work, I have to say.

Tragic waste of time regardless of how long it took.

I didn’t know Morton had won the Scottish cup because I don’t give a f**k about Morton.

yet here you two are

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

A Morton fans slagging anyone over trophies won is a tad rich given it's been a century since yours was won. 

C'mon! That's not true! They won a trophy when they won the old Division 3 title. Something Ayr have never done that I remember.

IMG_20211129_180308.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

i like slagging Ayr as much as the next person but two observations. 

1) That graphic is nonsense, as St Johnstone won both domestic cups only last year. 

You are correct to point out that the graphic is out of date. It's an old one from the P and B attachment vaults.

The key section is on the left hand side though and only when that changes will an update be necessary. Which guarantees it'll stay good for at least the next 111 years then. 

Edited by vikingTON

Paul Watson left Dunfermline cause he basically got sacked as he phoned in sick on on the Monday and came back Thursday with a tan...

Sounds like a complete bawbag with a "f**k this" attitude when it's not going well, lets give him a wide berth please

I've just spent the last ten minutes looking at the Auchinleck FC website. Ayr United's website looks absolutely abysmal next to it. There's Photos and playing history of all the players, fantastic coverage of every match with photos of both players on field and the crowd during the match.

Obviously someone has taken their time to do this, credit where it's due as it's fantastic. Shame the amount of Apathy Ayr have towards a website atm, as It's still coming up that PJ Morrison has signed 😒 delayed much?

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Paul Watson left Dunfermline cause he basically got sacked as he phoned in sick on on the Monday and came back Thursday with a tan...

Sounds like a complete bawbag with a "f**k this" attitude when it's not going well, lets give him a wide berth please

I think he would do okay if he had a team of players who actually want to play football around him, with the way Dunfermline were playing, he's probably thought 'Aye, F*ck this!'

Still better than tam o'ware.

On 28/11/2021 at 16:13, diegomarahenry said:

Saw the Burnley v Spurs game was called off. 

Remember that mad time we set up a strategic partnership with them. What was all that about ?

Essentially Burnley’s way post Brexit to top up their youth teams with British players by cherry picking the best from 4 clubs in the UK and Ireland. Given the current 1st team aren’t even good enough for us and unless we start playing super talented 16 y/o players then no one in the 1st team will ever be good enough for Burnley so the reality is they have no real interest in how we perform in the league.

At least we’ve seen the significant benefits both operationally and commercially that were talked about when the partnership was announced. The poor Burnley commercial manager must never be off the phone to ours.