The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Saw the Burnley v Spurs game was called off. 

Remember that mad time we set up a strategic partnership with them. What was all that about ?

We've gone from Anthony Jesus Mancini Gomez to Tam O'Ware in 6 months.

Quite the achievement

Edited by THEHonestman1910

19 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Tam o'ware is ages with myself, he went to Braehead Nursery I'm sure. Not the solution to anything. We should not be relying on past it players. 

Sign a younger player, a Michael Rose type and work on them, not a Dud who decided that because he stays near Ayr he can get a game for them.

You literally spent last summer headhunting Sean McGinty and chucked stupid money at him to sign, so that decision would be entirely accurate. 

This is awful stuff from Ayr. Seriously awful. We are better than this.

You're really not though.

oG0KX.gif.a8fdc124142d2f27645fb6f1aad0742a.gif

26 minutes ago, virginton said:

You literally spent last summer headhunting Sean McGinty and chucked stupid money at him to sign, so that decision would be entirely accurate. 

I don't think we had to headhunt him to be fair. Assumed he was driven down personally by MacPherson.

1 hour ago, virginton said:

Can we not return him? I'll bring him along to Greenock next Saturday if it meant I'd never have to witness the worst defender we've had at this level and most left footed player ever again in an Ayr shirt.

Despicable Me Please GIF

7 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Moff also shut down a breakaway from the penalty yesterday which he got a yellow for, something our defenders have failed to do several times this season to our detriment.

One very high profile one comes to mind 

7 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Saw the Burnley v Spurs game was called off. 

Remember that mad time we set up a strategic partnership with them. What was all that about ?

Funnily enough I was looking at old Ayrshire Posts the other day and Hopkin was giving it big licks about getting a few of their players on loan. Think we were sold a dream, like quite a few things recently 

37 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Funnily enough I was looking at old Ayrshire Posts the other day and Hopkin was giving it big licks about getting a few of their players on loan. Think we were sold a dream, like quite a few things recently 

That can't be right, I'm sure us fans just made it up. 🤷‍♂️

5 hours ago, virginton said:

I didn't do anything of the sort.

David Hopkin might have, as he took the arse kissing players he once had from a very piss poor Morton team that he created.

Wish Ayr was a big team like the one you support, as I can't recall Ayr winning the fourth tier of Scottish football anytime I've been alive. Oh wait!... Ayrs never been shite enough to be in the fourth tier! Toddle on. 😂

fuck-you-fuck.gif

Edited by Roxanne's man

4 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Tam O’Ware may be dreadful, but he’s still lightyears ahead of McGinty. Unfortunately a centre back pairing of O’Ware and McGinty is genuinely Junior level, and that’s being generous.

I’m not sure he is tbh.... I think they are most likely around the same level. O’Ware hasn’t played consistently at this level for several years. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I’m not sure he is tbh.... I think they are most likely around the same level. O’Ware hasn’t played consistently at this level for several years. 

McGinty hasn’t played a single game at the standard of this level in his career. I seriously believe he’s one of the worst players we’ve ever had at the club.

3 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

McGinty hasn’t played a single game at the standard of this level in his career. I seriously believe he’s one of the worst players we’ve ever had at the club.

I don’t disagree, but I think current O’Ware will be just as bad! He hasn’t been competent at this level for around four years. Partick fans could enlighten us.... as hopefully we won’t find out for definite!

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t disagree, but I think current O’Ware will be just as bad! He hasn’t been competent at this level for around four years. Partick fans could enlighten us.... as hopefully we won’t find out for definite!

As I said, Tam O’Ware would very likely be a dreadful signing now and isn’t someone I’d want us to look at, but he has at least at one point in his career been competent at this level, something McGinty hasn’t been.

7 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

As I said, Tam O’Ware would very likely be a dreadful signing now and isn’t someone I’d want us to look at, but he has at least at one point in his career been competent at this level, something McGinty hasn’t been.

5 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Tam O’Ware is definitely better than Sean McGinty. He’s still shite, and he’ll probably never be fit, but Sean McGinty, as I’m sure you’ve noticed, is on another level of fucking dross. 

There we go then, I stand corrected!

Hopefully we never need to see an O’Ware/McGinty partnership. 

Edited by No_Problemo

10 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Wish Ayr was a big team like the one you support, as I can't recall Ayr winning the fourth tier of Scottish football anytime I've been alive. Oh wait!... Ayrs never been shite enough to be in the fourth tier! Toddle on. 😂

There's not many victories that Ayr fans can recall in general:

venn-diagram-1.thumb.jpg.df632078eff027aede45ca818aedd0b5.jpg

Scottish football's first and leat successful franchise outfit: you hate to see it happen. 

ainsley-harriott-birthday-lorraine-a.jpg.c764bbf957abb54428cdf8b5f8f41081.jpg

Edited by vikingTON