The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Are we planning on punting some defenders then? We don’t need 5 centre halves while we’ve only got 2 proper midfielders at the club.

He's coming in to play with Chalmers in midfield as we edge closer to playing 10 defenders and a goalie. 

We’ll lose Chalmers to someone like Falkirk to free up space for an incoming player. McCall will announce just before the next Partick v Ayr game he’s signed Reading and Murdoch. 
We’ll bring in a new centre half and wide player.

we’ll bring in 2 more loan players that turn out to be shite. 

we won’t replace Chalmers and have Murdoch and Muirhead as our only central midfielders for the remainder of the season. 

1 minute ago, wullieaufc said:

We’re fucked if O’Ware comes anywhere near our club

If it's the O'Ware from Morton days it'll be an improvement but if it's the Partick version he'll play about 2 games and never be seen again.

I suppose we've not had a proper crocked player in a while so probably due another one, physio room been a lot quieter since Geggan, Bell and Adams left 

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If Ayr are even consider someone like O’Ware then it just shows you why people don’t want dinosaur managers in charge.

Of course they can still set up a team and sometimes be mildly competent but the lack of imagination and creativity is stifling.

Duffy played Moffat today and after he set up one and scored the other, said he brought him because of his experience.

Obviously he thought he could wing in in the previous 6 league games.

Duffy hasn’t changed the style since he started, he’s obviously trying to bring in players to make it work rather than try and make something else work with the players he’s got.

You’d think a guy who had been over the course as many times as Duffy would have worked out how to adapt but he’s really struggling 

Tam o'ware is ages with myself, he went to Braehead Nursery I'm sure. Not the solution to anything. We should not be relying on past it players. 

Sign a younger player, a Michael Rose type and work on them, not a Dud who decided that because he stays near Ayr he can get a game for them.

This is awful stuff from Ayr. Seriously awful. We are better than this.

It's all speculation and hopefully false.

However, if we were to sign O'Ware I would be seething. We've needed a fucking central midfielder since the season began and if that's not the first signing in January I'll be bringing out the 'Not good enough' banner. Let alone bringing in a fifth centre back - that would be utterly nonsensical. 

Edited by Trogdor

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Duffy played Moffat today and after he set up one and scored the other, said he brought him because of his experience.

Obviously he thought he could wing in in the previous 6 league games.

Duffy hasn’t changed the style since he started, he’s obviously trying to bring in players to make it work rather than try and make something else work with the players he’s got.

You’d think a guy who had been over the course as many times as Duffy would have worked out how to adapt but he’s really struggling 

Jim Duffy hasn’t been successful for about 20 years if he ever even was.

Perhaps the most blatant example of a man getting gig after gig because of who he knows rather than being good at the job.

On 26/11/2021 at 23:30, Finlay21 said:

That’s a very strange comment , we won the league , yet you are moaning saying we would not have won the play offs ,being Champions showed we were the best team in the league over a full season , 

I'm not moaning. I'm relating the clearly present opinion at the time that having very nearly fucked promotion (to the extend that it was decided by Raith missing a winner by two inches in the 89th minute of the last game) Ayr would probably not have had the bottle to manage the playoffs. Find something else to pick a fight over.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I can't say I was over the moon to hear this rumour, and thats all it is right now. He's probably an upgrade on McGinty but thats not saying a whole lot. Hoping it's a lot of shite tbh. 

Optimistic thinking that he’d be signed as a McGinty replacement. We’ll end up signing him and letting Muirhead go to Partick.